Setlist Changes after 1st mini-break?

dtpoet

Been following TRF for awhile now. Good stuff.

First mini-break is less than 2 weeks away (sept. 30). There's a 10 day break period before the toukite summed on Oct. 10.

Just wondering if anyone thinks there might be any setlist changes made other than what we have seen so far. I'm going to the 10-20 show in NJ. I haven't seen anyone's thoughts on this yet.

Thanks in advance!

goodpost.gif

Maybe take out one ca song and replace with yyz, right in the middle, it would charge up the ca set, adding lime light makes a big difference, in the first set, and for xanadu, have the band and string section play it, that would be a killer show, replace manhatten project with fly by night, and add string section to it(maybe) trink39.gif 1022.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 18 2012, 01:14 PM)

Actually this is what I'm hoping for:

set 1:

Subdivisions
Big Money
Force 10
Grand Design
Middletown Dreams (add and Make Permanent)
Body Electric
Territories
Wheres my Thing? (Moved up 2 slots)
Analog Kid
Limelight (Replace Bravado)
Far Cry

Set 2:

Caravan
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
Seven Cities of Gold (Make Permanent)
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
The Garden
Manhattan Project
Losing It (Replace Halo Effect)
Jacobs Ladder (Replaced Red Sector A)
Dreamline (Add and Make Permanent)
YYZ (with Cygnus X-1 Tacet)
Xanadu (Entire) (Replace Working Man permanently)

Encore:
TSOR (Make permanent)
Tom Sawyer
2112 (OTF) (Make permanent)

Come on Guys make it happen!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Yeah, there are not too many changes there actually but it feels like it's a BIG change (for the better)

The least likely time to look for changes is following one of their mini-breaks during a tour. These breaks represent time off for them. Any new songs would be prepared and rehearsed during soundchecks so you'd see them added in the middle of a leg after they'd had a bunch of recent soundchecks to work on them. Think back to when Distant Early Warning was added on Snakes & Arrows or Freewill or The Trees on Vapor Trails - all in the middle of a leg, not following a break.

They are not playing Jacobs Ladder! Neil was very clear on Taking Center Stage that" sometimes you cant go back". They rehearsed it, sounded terrible, they didnt enjoy playing it, not happening!

I do expect the return of Limelight and maybe Freewill since they are aware of the complaints as evidenced by a recent Alex interview posted on RIAB. I hope they keep the courage and keep all the obscure synth stuff as well as the CA set though since its what they want to play and its sounding really good. Imo the only thing i would do would be to close the 1st set with Working Man and remove Far Cry. Then, remove Bravado and Dreamline from the rotation. Both are great but they have been played a lot recently so you can bring in Limelight and Frewill and thats it. I think with Working man back in, and Limelight and Freewill being included the show has enough hits to keep all the whiny casuals happy, enough obscure gems to keep diehards happy and enough ca and synths to keep the boys happy. The only ppl walking away dissapointed are the ppl waiting for Lamneth, Necromancer, Cygnus, JL but they always walk away dissapointed tongue.gif

Edited by Astroboy2112

QUOTE (Astroboy2112 @ Sep 18 2012, 01:15 PM)
They are not playing Jacobs Ladder! Neil was very clear on Taking Center Stage that" sometimes you cant go back". They rehearsed it, sounded terrible, they didnt enjoy playing it, not happening!
JL but they always walk away dissapointed.

Yes. We should just drop requesting to hear Jacobs Ladder. Come on!!! It's just not gonna happen. Reality check here. wacko.gif

If there's a second leg of the tour, that's when I would imagine major changes would come. More routine songs like Limelight or Freewill could be dusted off easily enough, but maybe something like Losing It really could be a possibility if they had to time to work on it. Edited by zappafrank

I am feeling TSOR being the permanent closer for the second set.

And everything else remaining exactly as is with the A/B flow going forward.

What we may not know is if they follow a true A/B pattern each night. So I see a chance a city can get A then the next city A then a B and B.

Whatever they feel that night.

Which is fine by me.

I have to wait till November 3rd to see if I get

The Body Electric and Manhattan Project and Bravado vs

Middletown Dreams, Dreamline and The Pass.

Either one will make me happy.

I LOVE IT ALL!

And I will be thrilled if TSOR stays as the closer.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Sep 18 2012, 03:48 PM)
If there's a second leg of the tour, that's when I would imagine major changes would come. More routine songs like Limelight or Freewill could be dusted off easily enough, but maybe something like Losing It really could be a possibility if they had to time to work on it.

Very possible.

But I would say it would be more of a revamp like Snakes 2008 was.

I know the Tour set as I am a spoiler of the computer age....Although>>in

1981...just heard of the Comodore 64, remember that? Didn't know the set lists..

Well, enough said.....

I will take what I get....

The CA album is the best since Signals and is better than PoW....(which is very good)

Play >>>>>>

Trees...love the story

Losing it/Countdown/Digital man......

....................newer stuff >>>>

Animate

Test for Echo

Freeze...(this song is cool)

Earthshine

2.gif

cheer.gif play these songs

I agree that adding Losing It would be great. I posted this in another thread, trying to make the case for it.

Subdivisions
Big Money
Force Ten
Grand Designs
Body Electric
Territories
Analog Kid
Middletown Dreams
Where's My Thing
xx*
Far Cry

Caravan
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
Guitar Intro
Halo Effect
7 Cities of Gold
The Garden
Manhattan Project
Dreamline
YYZ
The Spirit of Radio

Tom Sawyer

*That list is entirely songs they are currently playing in the various setlists, and would be my order choice based on that. However, if I could get them to add one, it would be Losing It at the xx mark before Far Cry. Audrey Solomon is clearly the more popular violinist of the ensemble, given the male dominated crowd. She could take her place on the riser as Alex and Geddy return at the end of Neil's WMT? solo piece.

That list would be easy to do since they already have those songs in rotation. I don't think adding Losing It would be that big of a tweak - maybe right after their break the first week of October. It's a song that a lot of fans have wanted, would tie into the Signals-themed tour book cover, would feature one of the string players they already have with them, and would pump a little energy into those fans attending multiple shows.

It wouldn't cause too much disruption in the light/ video show to coordinate, as you could add a simple spot on Ms. Solomon for the violin solo. The song is in Geddy's lower range and features more music than lyrics, so it wouldn't be that big of an additional demand on his vocals. And, the first set is a little thin, so it would help pad the time there, since the total number of songs in the setlist is also down this tour

goodpost.gif

I am sure they tried rehearsing it...maybe they thought it would bring down the energy level?! wacko.gif The Garden is quieter, but the fans are loving it, to me it sounds even better live. smile.gif

I'd much rather hear Losing It than Far Cry. FC lost a lot audio clarity compared to the album version.

cool.gif