Throwing an apple core out the car window

My_Shrimp_Cot

Is throwing an apple core out the car window into the woods littering?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Is throwing an apple core out the car window into the woods littering?

• Yes - You should burn for this!
    • No way!

QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 17 2012, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 17 2012, 05:25 PM)
QUOTE (librarian @ Sep 17 2012, 03:22 PM)
Depends where you are. It's trash to some, compost to others.
May I throw a rotting turkey carcass on your front lawn?

If not on OP's, then mine. It'll be good food for my opossum family.

You actually welcome those ugly 4-legged disease vectors? And feed them?

I feed the turkey vultures that hang out in my neighborhood. They are ugly, but God put them here for a purpose. I live by a lake that is surrounded by woods. For some reason birds, squirrels, rabbits and the occasional cat end up dead at the back of my property. I take them out close to the road and the carrion eaters love me. Most mornings they are hanging out by the road waiting to see if I brought them anything. I wave and they nod. It's a good relationship, but if I threw them an apple core they would probably bitch at me.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 17 2012, 01:41 PM)
QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 17 2012, 12:21 PM)
I always throw mine outside for the birds.

In Nov, I chuck the pumpkins in the woods for the deer, squirrels, chipmunks, etc. I also throw empty beer bottles and cans into the woods for the deer to live in.... ok that last part is not true... it's for them to eat, not live in.

Yeeee Hawwww

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 17 2012, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (default236 @ Sep 17 2012, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (Khan @ Sep 17 2012, 11:43 AM)
QUOTE (default236 @ Sep 17 2012, 01:21 PM)
No. It's biodegradable. Animals benefit from it so chuck away!!

This.

Plus toothpicks.... laugh.gif

And chewing gum. wink.gif

I was just attacked by a rabid raccoon, but man... did his breath smell good.

You made out with it?

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Sep 18 2012, 02:19 AM)
I don't think it's littering.Just wondering what you think. I threw one out the other day and tried to hide my arm motion so nobody would see - as if the apple core just materialized near my car. Part of me is saying, if you try to hide it, its probably wrong...

PS I love clicking the button "Add My Poll". Makes me feel good for some reason ohmy.gif

Next time I drive by your crib I'll be sure to toss an apple core (along with whatever vegetable & fruit remains and fish bones I may have) on your lawn. wink.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 18 2012, 07:01 AM)
I don't think it's littering.Just wondering what you think. I threw one out the other day and tried to hide my arm motion so nobody would see - as if the apple core just materialized near my car. Part of me is saying, if you try to hide it, its probably wrong...

PS I love clicking the button "Add My Poll". Makes me feel good for some reason ohmy.gif

Next time I drive by your crib I'll be sure to toss an apple core (along with whatever vegetable & fruit remains and fish bones I may have) on your lawn. wink.gif

Yeah...uhh this was a poll for a reason. You don't have to get angry. Plus. "the woods" is a bit different than someones lawn - however it doesn't make it right so thats why I made the poll.

Cheers,

C

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 18 2012, 12:01 AM)
QUOTE (KenJennings @ Sep 17 2012, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Sep 17 2012, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (default236 @ Sep 17 2012, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (Khan @ Sep 17 2012, 11:43 AM)
QUOTE (default236 @ Sep 17 2012, 01:21 PM)
No. It's biodegradable. Animals benefit from it so chuck away!!

This.

Plus toothpicks.... laugh.gif

And chewing gum. wink.gif

Let me just say that any time I step in gum, I feel the urge to turn around and deck the nearest gum chewer. Maybe having their jaws wired shut for a few weeks will make them rethink where they toss that shit.

If I sound particularly hostile, this has happened within the past 48 hours, and as a bonus, I have gum embedded in my car's floor mat.

Chewing gum is so gross, just for that reason. Other people's chewed gum is like a bio-hazard to me. Just sickening.

If I ever see you in a fistfight with some random gum-chewer, I got your back.

It's almost impossible to remove it from tarmac, concrete, etc as well...

I've noticed...

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Sep 17 2012, 12:19 PM)

You're a jerk! I was walking through the woods the other day and I got hit in the head with an apple core. tongue.gif biggrin.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Sep 19 2012, 01:15 AM)

Yeah...uhh this was a poll for a reason. You don't have to get angry. Plus. "the woods" is a bit different than someones lawn - however it doesn't make it right so thats why I made the poll.

Cheers,

C

Not even close to being angry. I thought the smilie made sure of no misunderstanding. Guess not.

QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Sep 17 2012, 03:32 PM)
To ALL those saying "Its fine, go ahead" would you do this if a police car was following behind you?

I would think that if you're going to toss something out of your car window, common sense would tell you to check around for cops first before you do it. But maybe that's just me. wink.gif

Throwing garbage out of your window on a freeway overpass is also a good way to clean out your car. Especially if there isn't a road beneath you, it'll just fall to the ground somewhere below and no one will ever know how it got there laugh.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 19 2012, 09:44 AM)
....common sense would tell you.....

Sadly, "common sense" isn't all that common. ohmy.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 19 2012, 06:28 AM)
QUOTE (My_Shrimp_Cot @ Sep 19 2012, 01:15 AM)

Cheers,

C

Not even close to being angry. I thought the smilie made sure of no misunderstanding. Guess not.

trink39.gif trink39.gif

Nope..it'll eventually disintegrate into the elements.