Setlist tweaks *spoiler*

default236

I know in the past, Rush has "Fine Tuned" their setlists in the beginning of past tours and it seems their continuing that trend. With that said, do you think they'll continue to fine tune these two setlists and keep it interesting every night, or will the setlists be set in stone within the next few shows.

Not sure if this has been addressed yet. wacko.gif

RIAB has a new interview with Alex where he says they really like showing up and tweaking the setlist every night. He speculated that they might eventually stick to a regular set, or they even could play something they didn't rehearse.

I hope they do keep switching it up. It's so different for them and very exciting.

With today's age of the Internet and everything being known worldwide, it's hard to really appreciate the fact that you missed one of your favorite songs because they just decided not to play it on your concert date. (ex. Manhattan Project sad.gif )

If there were no other ways of knowing the set was different each night, it wouldn't be disappointing at all, since each set does come with a tall can of KICKASS. smile.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Sep 16 2012, 01:29 PM)
With today's age of the Internet and everything being known worldwide, it's hard to really appreciate the fact that you missed one of your favorite songs because they just decided not to play it on your concert date. (ex. Manhattan Project sad.gif )

If there were no other ways of knowing the set was different each night, it wouldn't be disappointing at all, since each set does come with a tall can of KICKASS. smile.gif

Agreed. I really appreciated the TM Tour because I knew that one show I was going to see was getting me the best setlist. It was the best setlist because it was the ONLY setlist. It really is a bummer knowing that if you had gone to another show you might have gotten <insert song you really wanted to hear live but Rush played it in another city but not yours>. I'm pretty happy with the current set because to me the setlist on the concert date that I'm attending is the "best" one. I would be rather disappointed if they switched it up again.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 16 2012, 01:05 PM)

Agreed. I really appreciated the TM Tour because I knew that one show I was going to see was getting me the best setlist. It was the best setlist because it was the ONLY setlist. It really is a bummer knowing that if you had gone to another show you might have gotten <insert song you really wanted to hear live but Rush played it in another city but not yours>. I'm pretty happy with the current set because to me the setlist on the concert date that I'm attending is the "best" one. I would be rather disappointed if they switched it up again.

Agreed, I'm thrilled with the current setlist. Now if they can replace Bravado with either:

Middletown Dreams

Freewill

Limelight

It would be perfect!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I think I'm getting the B setlist, which is great, but I really want to hear Manhatten Project and The Body Electric live. I can't see more than one show but I agree it was better when you had no idea what was going to be played live like what Tarkus409 said. sad.gif

Question for you all:

Currently, the band has had a fairly rigid A/B setlist pattern, strictly alternating night to night, save the slight encore changes the last few dates.

My issue: I was glad to get middletown at the DC show, but Im really hoping for body electric at the newark show.

If they stick with the current pattern, newark wont get TBE. Is there ANY chance at all they go off the alternating pattern a bit, making it possible to get that Grace classic?

Thanks for any insights!

if a band capable and versatile enough like rush it would be nice in this day and age if everyone with a ticket for a particular show could be given an electronic vote in the days or weeks leading up to it for which tunes theyd like to hear and then the band could make most of the audience happy most of the time smile.gif

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Sep 17 2012, 07:10 AM)
if a band capable and versatile enough like rush it would be nice in this day and age if everyone with a ticket for a particular show could be given an electronic vote in the days or weeks leading up to it for which tunes theyd like to hear and then the band could make most of the audience happy most of the time smile.gif

That's far too complicated and uneccessary IMO.

I say just show up and play whatever they feel like playing. Maybe one night they'll want to play LVS or something. I say keep mixing it up, I mean a ton of other bands do that already it's cool that RUSH wants to do it too.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 16 2012, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 16 2012, 01:05 PM)

Agreed, I'm thrilled with the current setlist. Now if they can replace Bravado with either:

Middletown Dreams

Freewill

Limelight

It would be perfect!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Isnt't that the issue. I'd rather see Bravado than Middletown Dreams. Now, I get the choice. With just one setlist, there are no choices.