War of words on the set list...

zappafrank

"I agree with Mark. This is a pass show; not sure who they are targeting. Totally mechanical. The audience did not come alive until the end of the show when they played a few if their better known songs. Honestly, this is a shadow of the band I saw in the 70's. The arrogance to play all new music should be left to Van Morrison... not the show I hoped to see."

...Please...PLEASE be a troll post.

Did that guy juts call Rush arrogant? Hahah. HAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 16 2012, 01:54 AM)
"I agree with Mark. This is a pass show; not sure who they are targeting. Totally mechanical. The audience did not come alive until the end of the show when they played a few if their better known songs. Honestly, this is a shadow of the band I saw in the 70's. The arrogance to play all new music should be left to Van Morrison... not the show I hoped to see."

Trollers' gonna troll... comp26.gif facepalm.gif

QUOTE (Big Fan 2112 @ Sep 16 2012, 08:08 AM)
"People sitting in their seats playing with their cell phones...."

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m604/EdDeV77/RU-19.jpg

This is what I saw ALL night. Brainless whiners IMHFO.

Look at ALL THOSE CELL PHONES! Not ONE person in that crowd is paying ANY attention to whats going on onstage...

sarcasm.gif

What a stupid cock. lol..The only songs you're actually able to "come alive" to are The Spirit of Radio or 2112...Which is exactly what happened. How can you "come alive" to songs you've never heard live before? Stupid. lol. I thought the setlist was fantastic and was jammin' to it the whole time.

QUOTE (crazygeo @ Sep 16 2012, 10:01 AM)
COUNTDOWN....
This should be played with TERRITORIES

more relevant then ever....

http://www.trust.org/alertnet/news/netanya...-in-6-7-months/

Now its not! This would just tarnish the essence of a great song like Countdown which is about The Space Shuttle not war. Its about the use of technology in a positive manner. Manhattan Project is more appropriate according to your article.

wink.gif

The people that are 'boycotting' and acting like 5 year olds with temper tantrums don't 'get' Rush in the first place. Full house last night...you really think that a few grumps are going to matter? There wasn't a track I didn't enjoy and I'm not fond of the synthy period.

Want the old standards in the set list? Stay home, pop in your Rush concert DVDs and enjoy (you stoopid frickin dinosuar).

The fact that they have the desire to continue to evolve at their age is amazing. That's what true musicians are.

in other words i was not familiar with the material.

IMO this tour is cutting it close with expected fan favorites and i definitely expect some continued backlash and complaints about the setlist.

as i have said before, i honestly think around 25% of those in attendance go hoping for a recreation of exit stage left.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Sep 16 2012, 09:29 AM)

Look at ALL THOSE CELL PHONES! Not ONE person in that crowd is paying ANY attention to whats going on onstage...

sarcasm.gif

it can be overime at the superbowl and you would see alot of people on cell phones, its just the world we live in now. hell people can barely drive without being on a phone. biggrin.gif

Rush and Iron Maiden are two of my favorite bands... There have been several occasions where it seemed like they were sort of eyeing what the other was doing and following. Probably just my imagination...

Iron Maiden is known for their great 80's records...but a couple of years ago, they decided to do a tour where 95% of the setlist came from songs released after 2000. The thing that Rush is doing during this tour reminds me of that. I see the EXACT same complaints about this tour that I saw during that Maiden tour.

Both Rush and Maiden will do a "nostalgia" tour and then follow it with a deep cut/play most of the new record tour...and it alternates each tour. I personally think that works our great and SHOULD make most people happy... but...

QUOTE (Gemari77 @ Sep 17 2012, 11:31 AM)
Iron Maiden is known for their great 80's records...but a couple of years ago, they decided to do a tour where 95% of the setlist came from songs released after 2000. The thing that Rush is doing during this tour reminds me of that. I see the EXACT same complaints about this tour that I saw during that Maiden tour.

Both Rush and Maiden will do a "nostalgia" tour and then follow it with a deep cut/play most of the new record tour...and it alternates each tour. I personally think that works our great and SHOULD make most people happy... but...

I agree with you, and I loved that Maiden tour for that very reason, b/c I'd actually never had a chance to see all of the 2000's stuff, and here's why:

The US tends to get shafted on newer Maiden material b/c

A. we tend only to get warm-up tours where only 1 new forthcoming song has been released (all of the live albums following new albums are recorded somewhere else in the world)

and

B. when we do get tours, they're nostalgia tours (Give Me 'Ed till I'm Dead, Somewhere Back in Time, Maiden England). The tour for A Matter of Life and Death only hit a few US cities.

Edited by zappafrank

Must have missed the crowd's reaction to Anarchist and Headlong Flight

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Sep 16 2012, 07:29 AM)

sarcasm.gif

Yeah and they're all sitting down too, obviously bored to death.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 17 2012, 12:21 PM)

I thought the new stuff was very well received. confused13.gif

Sure...it didn't get the same reaction as Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions, or 2112...but the new stuff sounded kick ass, and everyone was still on their feet, and still into the show.

These were taken at the Chicago Show on Saturday.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/081.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/075.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/077.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/068.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t246/ILsnwdog/072.jpg

The cell phones I saw were out so people could take pictures...like me. smile.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 17 2012, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 17 2012, 12:21 PM)

I thought the new stuff was very well received. confused13.gif

Sure...it didn't get the same reaction as Tom Sawyer, Subdivisions, or 2112...but the new stuff sounded kick ass, and everyone was still on their feet, and still into the show.

Yeah, it was. The crowd went nuts for the new stuff

The Chicago show was not just one of the best Rush shows I have ever seen (and its been over 40) but one of the best concerts I have ever attended.

The place was packed, the band was completely warmed up and ready - and the crowd was totally into it from start to finish, giving the entire presentation of the new album a rousing reception.

Anyone who claims anything to the contrary is lying or wasnt there.

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 17 2012, 02:08 PM)
The Chicago show was not just one of the best Rush shows I have ever seen (and its been over 40) but one of the best concerts I have ever attended.

The place was packed, the band was completely warmed up and ready - and the crowd was totally into it from start to finish, giving the entire presentation of the new album a rousing reception.

Anyone who claims anything to the contrary is lying or wasnt there.

yes.gif

In the upper deck (300s) not many people were standing, but around me, there was a lot of air drumming. The ~20yr old down the row from me was one of the worst I had ever seen, but who cares, he was into it.