Another setlist tweak in Chicago [SPOILER]

Powderfinger

QUOTE (foxontherocks @ Sep 16 2012, 02:17 AM)
I was one of those people seeing Rush for the first time tonight in Chicago. As others have said, the show was great. I was happy to finally see them live (not sure how I've never gotten to a show before, but at least I finally lost my virgin card). My only issue was with the crowd in the upper sections. People on the floor seemed to be more into the show, but up where I was, people weren't even standing. I have never before sat at a rock concert, and I'm determined to never do that again. I thought it was strange no one stood up when the lights went out, but I thought perhaps they were waiting for music. No dice --- butts were planted firmly in their seats. I finally lost it by the time Red Sector A was played and stood up (figured someone might grouse, but no one did). My back was actually hurting from sitting, and I needed a break! A few others around me stood up for TSOR and the encore section.

The people in front and back of us pretty much talked through the entire show, too. It made it harder to concentrate, but I tried as much as I could to tune them out. I've determined my next Rush concert will have to include purchasing better seats.

Where were you? We were in 313 and it was the same. I rocked out in my seat, sat though. Seems like every show I've seen at the UC has been the same in the upper deck.

The lady next to me was reading a book on her kindle app. facepalm.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (foxontherocks @ Sep 16 2012, 02:17 AM)
I was one of those people seeing Rush for the first time tonight in Chicago. As others have said, the show was great. I was happy to finally see them live (not sure how I've never gotten to a show before, but at least I finally lost my virgin card). My only issue was with the crowd in the upper sections. People on the floor seemed to be more into the show, but up where I was, people weren't even standing. I have never before sat at a rock concert, and I'm determined to never do that again. I thought it was strange no one stood up when the lights went out, but I thought perhaps they were waiting for music. No dice --- butts were planted firmly in their seats. I finally lost it by the time Red Sector A was played and stood up (figured someone might grouse, but no one did). My back was actually hurting from sitting, and I needed a break! A few others around me stood up for TSOR and the encore section.

The people in front and back of us pretty much talked through the entire show, too. It made it harder to concentrate, but I tried as much as I could to tune them out. I've determined my next Rush concert will have to include purchasing better seats.

You get a bit older and you'll appreciate sitting down for thee hours. We had seats in the second row of the first balcony and it was nice to be able to sit down, relax and enjoy the music. The people up there were enjoying the show just as much as down on the floor. We were just comfy tongue.gif

A replaced and reconstructed heel, torn disk and several repaired compression fractures of the spine makes standing damn near impossible. We sat in the second row in the area of the UC by the soundboard last year and some fart knockers just had to stand up. I wanted to wrap my cane around their necks.

Glad you got to finally see a show. This was #14 for me and all have been wonderful. Maybe next time Rosemont, like in the old days. I hate driving to the south side from the NE.

Did you see the guys in the orange Jumpsuits?

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Sep 15 2012, 10:50 PM)
NIGHT A version 3*

Set 1:

Video Intro (Gearing Up)
Subdivisions
The Big Money
Force 10
Grand Designs
The Body Electric
Territories
Analog Kid
Bravado
Where's My Thing (with drum solo)
Far Cry

Intermission (Clockwork Angels String Ensemble enters)

Set 2:

Video Intro (The Appointment)
Caravan
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Carnies
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight (with drum solo)
Halo Effect (with guitar solo intro)
Seven Cities Of Gold
The Garden
Manhatten Project
The Percussor (drum solo)
Red Sector A
YYZ
(Clockwork Angels String Ensemble exits)
The Spirit of Radio

Encore:

Tom Sawyer
2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx/Grand Finale
Video Outro (Office Of The Watchmaker)

MUCH BETTER!!!

Now thats a great setlist, all we need now is for Middletown Dreams to replace Bravado and it will be perfect!

2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (mmm_donuts @ Sep 16 2012, 10:41 AM)
Clockwork Angels was just as epic as I thought it would be...highlight of the night for me.

Replacing Working Man with TSOR wanted to make me run around like an ADD trailer park 4 year old with scissors on a kool-aid high.

1022.gif

Dude your username perfectly describes how I feel right now laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Sep 16 2012, 10:43 AM)
QUOTE (mmm_donuts @ Sep 16 2012, 10:41 AM)
Clockwork Angels was just as epic as I thought it would be...highlight of the night for me.

Replacing Working Man with TSOR wanted to make me run around like an ADD trailer park 4 year old with scissors on a kool-aid high.

1022.gif

Dude your username perfectly describes how I feel right now laugh.gif

Don't forget the bacon.gif

QUOTE (rushlady23 @ Sep 16 2012, 07:48 AM)
QUOTE (Bone Roller @ Sep 16 2012, 01:12 AM)
Just got back from the show.  The crowd went nuts when TSOR was played.  Way better than Working Man (which I saw on DC).

Interestingly, I thought that the Chicago crowd was more into the first half of the set while the DC crowd was more into the second half. Both appreciatd the encore about the same.

We didn't get Carnies in DC either eh.gif

Yup. And it's too bad because Carnies came off really well. So did Manhattan Project.

QUOTE (ghostrider2112x1 @ Sep 16 2012, 11:06 AM)
Can anyone please tell me if what I think I saw was in fact what I seen. Was that some of the Chicago Blackhawks that came out during Tom Sawyer and beat up the two chickens with Blackhawks jerseys on? Just another incredible show from these guys.... UNBELIEVABLE!!

Your eyes did not deceive.

And that was pretty damn funny.

Can anyone please tell me if what I think I saw was in fact what I seen. Was that some of the Chicago Blackhawks that came out during Tom Sawyer and beat up the two chickens with Blackhawks jerseys on? Just another incredible show from these guys.... UNBELIEVABLE!!

Yes, but they came out during 2112. Surprised on one else mentioned this. Was pretty cool, even though I'm a red wings fan!

QUOTE (GorillaStrangiato @ Sep 16 2012, 11:22 AM)

Yes, but they came out during 2112. Surprised on one else mentioned this. Was pretty cool, even though I'm a red wings fan!

^^^ just have to say, i love your user name! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 16 2012, 11:29 AM)
QUOTE (GorillaStrangiato @ Sep 16 2012, 11:22 AM)

^^^ just have to say, i love your user name! rofl3.gif

Thanks Tangy. It's a combo deal... LOL!

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 16 2012, 11:22 AM)
Thats a great setlist. Now if they could only replace Bravado with say:

Limelight, Freewill or Middletown Dreams!

That would make it perfect.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Uh yeah I take Middletown Dreams, obviously.

That is fantastic, Spirit is a huge upgrade over Working Man. Maybe all the negative comments here or some poor reaction to some of the set is working. Here's hoping the set will constantly change and be perfect by they time they come home to TO in October.

Ideally a few of the filler songs off CA could be replaced by anything from before Vapour Trails.

I honestly don't understand the hate towards Working Man. It represents their beginnings - their roots - what got them noticed in the first place. For full disclosure, I have a sentimental place for that song since I played it in my high-school basement band back in the late 70's.

I smile every time I see them perform this song live. Always will too.

QUOTE (workingman @ Sep 16 2012, 08:11 PM)
I honestly don't understand the hate towards Working Man. It represents their beginnings - their roots - what got them noticed in the first place. For full disclosure, I have a sentimental place for that song since I played it in my high-school basement band back in the late 70's.

I smile every time I see them perform this song live. Always will too.

strong username to post content