Another setlist tweak in Chicago [SPOILER]

Powderfinger

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh good news, I hope that tweak sticks.

I'm perhaps a little tired of TSOR, but I'm WAY tired of Working Man.

(...is someone in the band reading this forum?* lol. I see on here a lot of retire-it-I'm-sick-of-it thrown at Working Man and a lot of people missing TSOR, and, viola, setlist tweak! wink.gif)

*rhetorical question!

Edited by Bangster of Goats

QUOTE (Bangster of Goats @ Sep 15 2012, 10:24 PM)
Oh good news, I hope that tweak sticks.

I'm perhaps a little tired of TSOR, but I'm WAY tired of Working Man.

(...is someone in the band reading this forum?* lol. I see on here a lot of retire-it-I'm-sick-of-it thrown at Working Man and a lot of people missing TSOR, and, viola, setlist tweak! wink.gif)

*rhetorical question!

SICK OF DREAMLINE

SICK OF DREAMLINE

SICK OF DREAMLINE

PLAY MANHATTAN PROJECT

PLAY MANHATTAN PROJECT

PLAY MANHATTAN PROJECT

NIGHT A version 3*

Set 1:

Video Intro (Gearing Up)

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Designs

The Body Electric

Territories

Analog Kid

Bravado

Where's My Thing (with drum solo)

Far Cry

Intermission (Clockwork Angels String Ensemble enters)

Set 2:

Video Intro (The Appointment)

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight (with drum solo)

Halo Effect (with guitar solo intro)

Seven Cities Of Gold

The Garden

Manhatten Project

The Percussor (drum solo)

Red Sector A

YYZ

(Clockwork Angels String Ensemble exits)

The Spirit of Radio

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx/Grand Finale

Video Outro (Office Of The Watchmaker)

MUCH BETTER!!!

TSOR was a great pleasant surprise. Loved the "here's one you might recognize" intro.

For my money, the highlight of the night was Headlong Flight. It is a killer song live. The driving pace, dead on chops, Neil's nice little mid-song solo, the lights, the string ensemble rocking hard...all of it. To my ears, this song earned the greatest response and cheer from the crowd. Just amazing!

Just got back from the show. The crowd went nuts when TSOR was played. Way better than Working Man (which I saw on DC).

Interestingly, I thought that the Chicago crowd was more into the first half of the set while the DC crowd was more into the second half. Both appreciatd the encore about the same.

Good for the boys for keeping us on our toes. I'm glad they're finally changing things up. Really no reason not to play a different set every night!

SOR is a no brainer as the finale. WAY WAY better than Working Man. I hope that one stays permanent. Then TS and 2112 for the finale is good stuff

Now, I would say replace Red Sector A with BU2B and Territories with Limelight and we're golden

Limelight

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Designs

The Body Electric

Analog Kid

Bravado

Where's My Thing

Far Cry

Set 2:

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

Halo Effect

Seven Cities Of Gold

The Garden

Manhatten Project

YYZ

The Spirit of Radio

Encore:

Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx/Grand Finale

I left after Manhattan Project. I'm a forever fan and musician and I am tired of the have to songs. Nice that they were at the end, when I left I had great traffic.

The new songs came of great. All of you who think Geddy can't sing....open your ears.

There were no acoustic guitars, that kind of bummed me out. There was a close up of Geddy's hands when he was on the keys and they were showing age.

God bless RUSH and there crew. Rock on! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Sep 15 2012, 10:00 PM)
According to RIAB, Spirit of Radio is replacing Working Man tonight.

This makes me very happy, and I suspect others will like this too!

Made my night.

Hello old friend.

QUOTE (wirushfanfrv @ Sep 16 2012, 12:37 AM)
I left after Manhattan Project. I'm a forever fan and musician and I am tired of the have to songs. Nice that they were at the end, when I left I had great traffic.

The new songs came of great. All of you who think Geddy can't sing....open your ears.

There were no acoustic guitars, that kind of bummed me out. There was a close up of Geddy's hands when he was on the keys and they were showing age.

You did what?

Sounds like you take them too much for granted.

Some people are seeing Rush for the very first time. You always have to have those "have to" songs.

Well if they are indeed reading cut Far Cry and put Working Man to close the 1st set!!! I dont get the disdain for Working Man and i hope it comes back. It's always quite a rush tongue.gif to listen to it.

The show as is, is almost perfect for me, the only thing that doesn't feel perfect to me is Far Cry closing a set. They always used to close the set with either an epic or a hit and I'm not sure Far Cry is considered a Rush hit by most. It's a great tune i just dont think its a staple. Not really that bothered by it but if I had a choice I would play Working Man or Limelight (which they rehearsed) to close the 1st set with a bang instead of Far Cry.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 16 2012, 01:02 AM)

God bless RUSH and there crew. Rock on!  1022.gif

You did what?

goodpost.gif

I was one of those people seeing Rush for the first time tonight in Chicago. As others have said, the show was great. I was happy to finally see them live (not sure how I've never gotten to a show before, but at least I finally lost my virgin card). My only issue was with the crowd in the upper sections. People on the floor seemed to be more into the show, but up where I was, people weren't even standing. I have never before sat at a rock concert, and I'm determined to never do that again. I thought it was strange no one stood up when the lights went out, but I thought perhaps they were waiting for music. No dice --- butts were planted firmly in their seats. I finally lost it by the time Red Sector A was played and stood up (figured someone might grouse, but no one did). My back was actually hurting from sitting, and I needed a break! A few others around me stood up for TSOR and the encore section.

The people in front and back of us pretty much talked through the entire show, too. It made it harder to concentrate, but I tried as much as I could to tune them out. I've determined my next Rush concert will have to include purchasing better seats.

QUOTE (Bone Roller @ Sep 16 2012, 01:12 AM)
Just got back from the show. The crowd went nuts when TSOR was played. Way better than Working Man (which I saw on DC).

Interestingly, I thought that the Chicago crowd was more into the first half of the set while the DC crowd was more into the second half. Both appreciatd the encore about the same.

We didn't get Carnies in DC either eh.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 16 2012, 01:30 AM)
Now, I would say replace Red Sector A with BU2B and Territories with Limelight and we're golden

As much as I want BU2B in the set, Red Sector A is one of my favorites, and I know its been played alot, but it's one of those songs where the crowd can connect almost, even those in the nosebleeds. I think the territories switch with Limelight would be amazing!!!!!!

The Chicago show was fantastic!

It was nice to see them mix it up a bit since it seemed they were getting into a formula with the shows and song selection. Neil's solos being broken up was cool, and I totally dug the jam at the end of Headlong.

Geddy sounded so much better than he did last year, but this was the fifth show of the tour. I can imagine towards the end of the tour his throat will be a tad raw, but really, who truly gives a shit?

It's nice to see a bunch of 60 year olds play like that for 3 hours and look like they are having fun doing it.

Cannot wait for the next tour, but I hope it isn't in that Craphole United Center. The acoustics there are just pure mud. Last show was very boomy and rather quet. THis show was louder than I've heard them in over a decade, but the sound was often distorted and muddy.

All in all, it was a great show applaudit.gif