"I'd be OK never hearing that song again"

zappafrank

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Force Ten. Never really a fan of it. Also, could do without New World Man. And, Working man. Heard it enough.

Believe it or not, I could do without Tom Sawyer at the shows. Make way for something different...

QUOTE (billybobjoe1881 @ Sep 14 2012, 08:00 PM)
Tom Sawyer, Limelight and Closer To The Heart. I've heard them enough on the radio that even though this is going to be my first RUSH concert I don't want to see them.

are you sure? they come across well live.

i am pretty sure i have heard tom sawyer 19 times ( have they ever dropped it from their set list? ) so almost a whole concert of TS wacko.gif yet 1022.gif

i would be ok with these songs being axed -red sector a, marathon, distant early warning, mission and manhattan project.

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 14 2012, 10:45 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 14 2012, 09:41 PM)
Force Ten, Dreamline, Bravado, The Big Money, Red Sector A.

yes.gif those too in particular big money.

I want to make it clear, I dont really dislike those songs... what I am saying is that there are certain songs I can hear them play *every time out* and still enjoy (like SoR, YYZ, and any one of my "big three" - La Villa, NS, or Xanadu).. and these just aren't those. Its not the period either, because there are other songs (MP and Territories included) that I cant wait to hear, that I really like and will enjoy live.

I wish I could have had "In The Mood" one more time smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

I will +truly+ miss SoR and clapping with my brethren.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 14 2012, 10:03 PM)
At this point I could do without the drum solo.

me too. back in the day, the live record and the drum solo were king. nowadays not so much. i can't think of many other groups i have seen lately that did a drum solo.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 15 2012, 12:30 AM)
QUOTE (The Trees @ Sep 14 2012, 10:52 PM)
Between the Wheels, Stick It Out, and Far Cry would be my choices.

Between The Wheels? WTF. That is Alex's best solo of all time. ohmy.gif

yes.gif

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 15 2012, 01:13 AM)
Working Man. Throw it away.

I second that! It was a great when they brought it back but now it has died and rotted away there in their setlist. That reggae intro doesn't make it any better either. Its like that blanket the morgue drapes over corpses.

062802puke_prv.gif beathorse.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Edited by losingit2k

No drum solo??? Are you guys on glue??? tongue.gif

I'll hazard to guess that the drum solo is one of the MAIN highlights of any Rush show. It is for me, not just because I'm a drummer, but because I love seeing Neil kick the living shit out of those drums!