Indy People Check In

presto123

Why is it so strange to people that WTW is well received? It's not a rocker of a rocker but it has a cool vibe and steady beat to it. The parts of the songs interchange very fluidly. Now that I think about it - it's much like many of the songs from the 80's that they are playing. No sudden blues segment or piano piece. No build up or interchanging between slow and faster paces.

So yea, it doesn't surprise me that WTW and a similar song like SCOG are welled received by a live audience.

QUOTE (FT Tracker @ Sep 14 2012, 08:42 AM)
Sorry 6 songs I forgot the one from CA that was played on both tours

But the general public doesn't know that, they only know there was a tour before the new album came out (with 2 new songs) and the tour after the album came out, so they figure it's basically the same show (without knowing the setlist)

QUOTE (FT Tracker @ Sep 14 2012, 07:53 AM)
They played Carnies, it was in Bankers Life Field House. My opinion around 10,000 or so. Lower bowl and floor pretty much full. Upper deck about half full.

The upper deck was closed, except for the section straight back from the stage. What you see as half full was the club level. Balcony had tarps along the side.

QUOTE (gilpdawg @ Sep 15 2012, 03:45 AM)
QUOTE (FT Tracker @ Sep 14 2012, 07:53 AM)
They played Carnies, it was in Bankers Life Field House. My opinion around 10,000 or so. Lower bowl and floor pretty much full. Upper deck about half full.

The upper deck was closed, except for the section straight back from the stage. What you see as half full was the club level. Balcony had tarps along the side.

That's not that many seats in the upper upper deck on the side. I still say 10,000 is a pretty good estimate. Very good crowd.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Sep 15 2012, 06:59 AM)
For you bootleggers there is a DVD of this show up on the Dime. cool.gif

I just saw a small sample of it and I have to give the taper an A+ for effort... but the few seconds I saw were really hard to watch.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 15 2012, 10:22 AM)
QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Sep 15 2012, 06:59 AM)
For you bootleggers there is a DVD of this show up on the Dime.  cool.gif

I just saw a small sample of it and I have to give the taper an A+ for effort... but the few seconds I saw were really hard to watch.

Agreed .

Hello. Fellow indy rush fans.

Was there as well, thought it was a great show as well. Place was packed.

I really thought geddy voice was much stronger, than last year when i saw them in detroit. Anyone else?

What a great show. We were in first level off the floor to Alex' right. Geddy's voice was stronger than I remember during Moving Pictures in both 2010 and 2011. Wished they had played Seven Cities of Gold; I see they did in Chicago. I love that they did not play some of the regular fare (Spirit of Radio, Limelight, Free Will, Closer To the Heart), although I did miss them. Sometimes you just gotta let that stuff go. The Pass was great with its related video. And Middletown Dreams! And Territories!

QUOTE (djflex @ Sep 16 2012, 05:18 PM)
Hello. Fellow indy rush fans.

Was there as well, thought it was a great show as well. Place was packed.

I really thought geddy voice was much stronger, than last year when i saw them in detroit. Anyone else?

I couldn't agree more about Geddy's voice. I thought it was the best I've heard him sound in a while. Of course, the songs they played don't call for too much high singing on his part and it's still early in the tour. Glad I saw them when i did.