Indy People Check In

presto123

Looked to me to be a pretty big crowd. I probably got more goosebumps tonight than I have in a long time at a Rush show. Those 80's guitar solos mixed with keys are the reason. That and the fact that the boys are on fire this tour. They absolutely killed everything. I can see why they want to continue touring. Wow. As much as I love CA I do think 9 songs is a little much. Just because casual Rush fans probably don't know that stuff. I would drop Halo, WTW, and Wreckers and add maybe Jacob's Ladder, Red Barchetta, and Xanadu and it would be a perfect show. Still a great show nonetheless.

QUOTE (gilpdawg @ Sep 14 2012, 02:49 AM)
From my vantage point in the club level, looked like people were really enjoying WTW for some reason. I mean, I like it, but out of all the new songs that's not the one that you would think would get the crowd going.

You know what........I kind of noticed that as well. Weird. tongue.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 14 2012, 02:53 AM)
From my vantage point in the club level, looked like people were really enjoying WTW for some reason. I mean, I like it, but out of all the new songs that's not the one that you would think would get the crowd going.

I don't find that weird at all. It's a great rocker and one of the catchiest, most accessible songs on CA...would've been a perfect choice for a single.

Edited by Silas Lang

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Sep 14 2012, 04:18 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 14 2012, 02:53 AM)

I don't that weird at all. It's a great rocker and one of the catchiest, most accessible songs on CA...would've been a perfect choice for a single.

I agree.. it's just so out of form for a RUSH song I think thats what throws people off.

I love the lyrics and I'm really starting to enjoy the song itself.

I also thought it to be a very good show. I know the new songs are all linked together in meaning, but playing them all together for people who have never heard the album I am not sure is a good idea. Its not moving pictures. It slows the crowd response. Maybe they should play them at the end of the first set.

My son and I enjoyed the show very much. It seemed like the people around us were really getting into it. Did hear a lot of grumbling about the set-list after the show as we were heading out of the arena. What amused me most was hearing a guy say "well my words still stand...everything after Moving Pictures SUCKS!" He said this, after the show, in line to pick up a t-shirt to apparently commemorate his awful night. LOL! Rock on RUSH!! 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 14 2012, 07:45 AM)
QUOTE (mandydog @ Sep 14 2012, 07:40 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 14 2012, 07:36 AM)
Any diversions from the setlist or was it the original "A" setlist?

confused13.gif

They played the "B" set-list.

So no Carnies?

no.gif

Set-list "A" and "B" both include "Carnies".

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=77504

QUOTE (masque @ Sep 14 2012, 08:09 AM)
so the crowd was "decent" or "better than decent"?  what venue were they playing in?

Good crowd , they curtained off the top level except in the very back. The rest of the place was packed.

It was at Bankers Life Fieldhouse where the Pacers play.

Edited by nappy2112

I thought it was a great show. The crowd responded well to the CA tracks, most surprisingly Wish Them Well and The Garden(think the lights and small floating video screens were responsible for that one). I only heard one person grumbling. His problem: they never play What You're Doing or Beneath Between and Behind! Guess that show he saw in '75 is what he wants every time. Edited by professornutbudder

Great show. I think having the CA songs played together, starting the 2nd set, is absolutely perfect... this is, after all, the CLOCKWORK ANGELS tour, ya know! wink.gif

I was more satisfied with this setlist than I have been in a very long time. I'm glad they're finally through getting off on the S&A material. This set and performance absolutely rocked 1022.gif

Side note... my tickets were 6th row, Lower Bowl section 4. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this section STARTS at row 6! 653.gif

edit: Oh, and the nod to Apollo 11 and Neil Armstrong was a very nice touch. That gave me goosebumps. What a class act! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by dakota2112

QUOTE (professornutbudder @ Sep 14 2012, 09:02 AM)
I thought it was a great show. The crowd responded well to the CA tracks, most surprisingly Wish Them Well and The Garden(think the lights and small floating video screens were responsible for that one). I only heard one person grumbling. His problem: they never play What You're Doing or Beneath Between and Behind! Guess that show he saw in '75 is what he wants every time.

I heard that guy too while I was walking out.

QUOTE (FT Tracker @ Sep 14 2012, 06:56 AM)
I also thought it to be a very good show. I know the new songs are all linked together in meaning, but playing them all together for people who have never heard the album I am not sure is a good idea. Its not moving pictures. It slows the crowd response. Maybe they should play them at the end of the first set.

That's how I anticipated this show...start with a hit, follow up with a couple deeper tracks then launch into CA and finish a 6-7 song run with the Garden.

2nd set a tour de force of RUSH classics. 1 killer from nearly every album

two huge thumbs up for this show. We had a blast. Even my wife who had never listened to RUSH before meeting me was into it. Geddy sounds great.

Complainers about the setlist are bringing the LOLz to me daily, keep up the good work.

I'm just happy to see them still touring and seemingly loving doing so. Complain when they stop.