How about a guest vocalist for the R 40 Tour

hellion

As some people have already surmised, the band may be laying off the 70's tunes on the current tour and saving them maybe for their last run on the R 40 tour. would the band be open to experimenting with a guest vocalist to sing on some of songs that Geddy is vocally challenged on now, what do think. not a knock off vocalist like yes have done, but someone with their own character. would the Rush fan base accept this if they got to hear some rare Tunes off their early albums, just a thought

QUOTE (hellion @ Sep 14 2012, 12:09 AM)
would the band be open to experimenting with a guest vocalist to sing on some of songs that Geddy is vocally challenged on now

no.gif

You may as well go see a Rush cover band. sad.gif

Geddy on vocals is an integral part of Rush, and if he can't sing them I'd rather not hear them at all.

This would never happen; they'd retire first.

Edited by substancewithoutstyle

They brought guest musicians onstage this tour to enhance the music they have currently written, not to try and emulate things from their past.

With so much material to draw from and considering how good Geddy is sounding on this tour so far, this just isn't a good idea.

They can modify some seventees stuff to work for them on any future tours, but to hire a guest singer to simply "pull off the high parts" so they sound just like they did in the 70's sounds defeatist and depressing.

They would never do it, which is why we love them.

smile.gif

Edited by eshine

f**k no!!!

I accept and embrace the band as they are NOW!

This living in the 70s shit is f***ing ridiculous. I cannot believe how many people are still so hung up on Rush from the 70s. I mean, I love it too and some of my favorite songs exist on Hemispheres, PeW's, 2112, but here's tip, they played over three other decades besides the f***ing 70s!

Live in the now. Enjoy them while they are still here. Someday, you'll wish like hell you could go watch them play Subdivisions or Far Cry.

If they did ever pull a stunt like that, it would destroy every ounce of respect I ever had for them.

Geddy, Alex & Neil. That is Rush!!!

While I agree with evryone that it's a ridiculous notion that they would never consider, just to play along in total fantasyland I'd nominate Ann Wilson (she can belt out the Zeppelin stuff better than anyone else I've heard so why not the early Rush?)

Nnnnnooooooo!

Queen should have retired upon Freddie Mercury's death.

INXS should have retired upon Michael Hutchence's death.

Long time popular bands that are augmented and continue on with their original name just drips greed in my opinion. If it is REALLY about the music, continue on as something new and don't destroy the legacy it took decades to create.

The guys have already stated that they will essentially call it quits before they become a caricature of themselves...which is all right by me. I wish they could go on for eternity, but I would rather they bow out on top. Nothing pains me more than admitting to liking a band that really doesn't exist anymore...or have just become a joke because they are trying to outlive their shelf life.

QUOTE (hellion @ Sep 14 2012, 01:09 AM)
As some people have already surmised, the band may be laying off the 70's tunes on the current tour and saving them maybe for their last run on the R 40 tour. would the band be open to experimenting with a guest vocalist to sing on some of songs that Geddy is vocally challenged on now, what do think. not a knock off vocalist like yes have done, but someone with their own character. would the Rush fan base accept this if they got to hear some rare Tunes off their early albums, just a thought

STFU n00b!

1287.gif

QUOTE (hellion @ Sep 14 2012, 02:09 PM)

If you subscribe to the THEORY that there even will be an R40 tour do you really think they're going to celebrate their 40 years by bringing in a guest to do the vocals?! Think about it.