Any TRF-ers on MyFitnessPal?

Kelly D

I've been on a fitness quest since June and have completely revitalized myself using myfitnesspal.com and its iPhone app- does anyone else use it? I'd love to be friends!

Interesting website. I'll have to peruse it a bit more. I'm a huge fitness fanatic who sort of fell off the diet and exercise wagon and scrambling to hop back on.

I'm a big runner and trying to get myself back to running a long distance. I used to go to the gym too but that's what burned me out. I was running every day and going to the gym 3-4 days a week.

Kelly, what kind of exercise do you do?

I've been on it for a year and a half. Completely fell off the wagon and gained back all I lost. *cry*

I would love to have some accountability again and support from people that share interests with me.

My username is ispinwebs.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Sep 13 2012, 11:38 AM)
Tell me more about this app. I am on a fitness quest currently myself.

First, you tell it how much you weigh, if you're a female/male, how active you are, and how much weight you'd like to lose (or maintain). Then it generates how many calories you should consume each day.

You get an exercise recommendation too, and you get more calories the more you exercise.

I find it extremely useful because I'm a list-oriented person and I need to keep track of everything visually. Also, in terms of the Hawthorne experiment (where people performed better at their job because they knew they were being watched), it's great to be held accountable for all I put in my mouth!

I've lost nine pounds since June and I feel worlds better than I used to!

QUOTE (Amy Farrah Fowler @ Sep 13 2012, 12:25 PM)
I've been on it for a year and a half. Completely fell off the wagon and gained back all I lost. *cry*

I would love to have some accountability again and support from people that share interests with me.

My username is ispinwebs.

I'll add you!

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 13 2012, 11:59 AM)
Interesting website. I'll have to peruse it a bit more. I'm a huge fitness fanatic who sort of fell off the diet and exercise wagon and scrambling to hop back on.

I'm a big runner and trying to get myself back to running a long distance. I used to go to the gym too but that's what burned me out. I was running every day and going to the gym 3-4 days a week.

Kelly, what kind of exercise do you do?

I play frisbee and ride my bike mostly- you also can log in calorie-burning exercising like cleaning your house or even preparing food!

I have a heart rate monitor that I use. It's invaluable when doing exercise. It's very accurate to your own body/build/age and is a better gauge than the numbers in the database, but I used the numbers in the database for a few months and still lost weight quickly...I just need to control the intake again.

QUOTE (Kelly D @ Sep 13 2012, 07:36 AM)
I've been on a fitness quest since June and have completely revitalized myself using myfitnesspal.com and its iPhone app- does anyone else use it? I'd love to be friends!

I am but I haven't been as active as of late because I started a juice fast in order to slim down for my wedding, as well as gone back to Weight Watchers because they help me keep a tighter leash on my intake.

MFP is an excellent tool, my doctor recommended it to me when I told her I needed to drop some more poundage. I like the way it helps me keep track of my workouts as well as how I can weigh in more than once per week.

Anyhoo...

I will send you my link and you can add me if you'd like.

smile.gif

Actually if anybody else would like to add me I am also gangsterfurious.

Edited by gangsterfurious