Shouldn't Rush Just Have Retired?

Tick

QUOTE (Tick @ Sep 13 2012, 03:35 AM)
Don't you think after nearly 40 years on the road servicing the fans that are the most unique fans in the world they should have just retired instead of giving us a self indulgent set list no one wants?

Also, why would they play almost all of a new album? Fans today don't want to hear new music. Many of then don't even know a new album exists. They want to hear Limelight! How dare Rush not play there anthem on this tour? That would be like The Who not playing Baba O'Riley.

A disgusting setlist filled with 80's Rush and YUK!...NEW MUSIC!!!

I'll tell you what I'm going to do about it! I'm going to find a Rush messageboard immediately and tell the world of my disdain for this travesty!

Rush should retire instead of touring to rob the fans of there money by playing a set list no one wants to hear!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

I'm so glad I got this off my chest. Now I will fade into obscurity and giggle like a school girl while I read the vile responses I get.

atickhum.gif Exhaustion....

goodpost.gif

Heh.

Seriously, I just want them to take the Time Machine tour back out on the road so that I can watch the "History of Rush" segments for the 100th time.

Except I want them to modify the set list to songs only recorded before 1983. That way my middle aged fiance won't get so cranky over the fact that they aren't playing songs only from his teen years.

I'm so pissed off they are playing songs from the 80's. Those jerks!

fists crying.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 13 2012, 05:00 AM)
This is how in-it-for-the-money and really-hate-the-fans they are.

They come up with a terrible setlist that none of the fans want to hear, and yet they somehow force us to lay down the cheddar to hear it!

How the f**k do they do that?

This is obviously some sort of sick Illuminati mind control scheme to take money that I would normally be spending on other things, like, say, $180.00 bottles of wine.

QUOTE (Sheldon Cooper @ Sep 13 2012, 08:00 AM)

They come up with a terrible setlist that none of the fans want to hear, and yet they somehow force us to lay down the cheddar to hear it!

They do it the same way your Sheldon caresses each of their genitals.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (gangsterfurious @ Sep 13 2012, 10:19 AM)

This is obviously some sort of sick Illuminati mind control scheme to take money that I would normally be spending on other things, like, say, $180.00 bottles of wine.

Thats one expensive bottle of wine!

cosmo.gif cosmo.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 13 2012, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Sep 13 2012, 09:57 AM)
This thread is more fun than a barrel of sardines! 1022.gif

Tick - shut the f**k up already and go make me a steak!

Pretty please?

I made Terriaki rib eyes last night for my daughters 12th birthday. They were killer!

You tell when you want to stop by and I will make you one! atickhum.gif

I often wonder if in the very near future would it best if they just put out album and have a very limited tour, not like Floyd with The Wall but maybe just some regional stops numbering around 20? confused13.gif You know Neil would be all for that! smile.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 13 2012, 07:38 AM)

cosmo.gif cosmo.gif

Well, the one I had in mind is the one that Geddy orders for himself and the boys in the bonus footage included with "Beyond the Lighted Stage." I took note of it because it's a vineyard local to where I live. And then of course I had itchy fingers and had to look up the price.

QUOTE (gangsterfurious @ Sep 13 2012, 03:25 PM)

cosmo.gif cosmo.gif

Well, the one I had in mind is the one that Geddy orders for himself and the boys in the bonus footage included with "Beyond the Lighted Stage." I took note of it because it's a vineyard local to where I live. And then of course I had itchy fingers and had to look up the price.

Jonata?

QUOTE (GorillaStrangiato @ Sep 13 2012, 03:43 PM)
QUOTE (gangsterfurious @ Sep 13 2012, 03:25 PM)

cosmo.gif cosmo.gif

Jonata?

"Jonata" gonna find thisa too Expensive!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Sep 13 2012, 07:35 AM)
Don't you think after nearly 40 years on the road servicing the fans that are the most unique fans in the world they should have just retired instead of giving us a self indulgent set list no one wants?

Also, why would they play almost all of a new album? Fans today don't want to hear new music. Many of then don't even know a new album exists. They want to hear Limelight! How dare Rush not play there anthem on this tour? That would be like The Who not playing Baba O'Riley.

A disgusting setlist filled with 80's Rush and YUK!...NEW MUSIC!!!

I'll tell you what I'm going to do about it! I'm going to find a Rush messageboard immediately and tell the world of my disdain for this travesty!

Rush should retire instead of touring to rob the fans of there money by playing a set list  no one wants to hear!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

I'm so glad I got this off my chest. Now I will fade into obscurity and giggle like a school girl while I read the vile responses I get.

atickhum.gif  Exhaustion....

Your post made me laugh, Tick. Thanks! laugh.gif 1287.gif

Anthem!

2.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

Worst f**king setlist ever. Geddy sounds GOD-awful on this tour. Alex keeps f**king up his solos because his fat fingers are too fat. Neil's drumming became uninspiring after Moving Pictures.

I HATE Rush. Worst 3 hours of my life was having to sit though the concert this past sunday, and hear all the shitty 80's crap that they "pulled out of the vault for us fans." News flash, Rush - NOBODY LIKES THE SYNTH CRAP.

They need to just stop, retire, and retain any left-over dignity they MIGHT be able to salvage.

Oh, and Clockwork Angles is about as bad as Metallica's St. Anger. Garbage.

biggrin.gif wink.gif

Ohhh The Tickster was tongue in cheeky with this thread.

And here I responded in a serious manner which makes it even funnier.

What a damn fool i have been, swindled by sarcasm.... bolt.gif

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (Tick @ Sep 13 2012, 06:35 AM)

Don't you think after millions of years the stupid plants all over the planet should stop producing this terrible oxygen instead of permanently contaminate the atmosphere? No one needs oxygen! Damn!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Tick @ Sep 13 2012, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Sep 13 2012, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Sep 13 2012, 09:57 AM)
This thread is more fun than a barrel of sardines! 1022.gif

Tick - shut the f**k up already and go make me a steak!

Pretty please?

I made Terriaki rib eyes last night for my daughters 12th birthday. They were killer!

You tell when you want to stop by and I will make you one! atickhum.gif

Or, you can break out the barrel of sardines and really have a feast! trink38.gif

QUOTE (seven-eye-dice @ Sep 14 2012, 04:22 AM)
QUOTE (Tick @ Sep 13 2012, 06:35 AM)

Don't you think after millions of years the stupid plants all over the planet should stop producing this terrible oxygen instead of permanently contaminate the atmosphere? No one needs oxygen! Damn!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I think that most of the oxygen that we are breathing is from the 80's.

Screw you, oxygen!