Shouldn't Rush Just Have Retired?

Tick

Don't you think after nearly 40 years on the road servicing the fans that are the most unique fans in the world they should have just retired instead of giving us a self indulgent set list no one wants?

Also, why would they play almost all of a new album? Fans today don't want to hear new music. Many of then don't even know a new album exists. They want to hear Limelight! How dare Rush not play there anthem on this tour? That would be like The Who not playing Baba O'Riley.

A disgusting setlist filled with 80's Rush and YUK!...NEW MUSIC!!!

I'll tell you what I'm going to do about it! I'm going to find a Rush messageboard immediately and tell the world of my disdain for this travesty!

Rush should retire instead of touring to rob the fans of there money by playing a set list no one wants to hear!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

I'm so glad I got this off my chest. Now I will fade into obscurity and giggle like a school girl while I read the vile responses I get.

atickhum.gif Exhaustion....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tick @ Sep 13 2012, 07:35 AM)
Don't you think after nearly 40 years on the road servicing the fans that are the most unique fans in the world they should have just retired instead of giving us a self indulgent set list no one wants?

Also, why would they play almost all of a new album? Fans today don't want to hear new music. Many of then don't even know a new album exists. They want to hear Limelight! How dare Rush not play there anthem on this tour? That would be like The Who not playing Baba O'Riley.

I'll tell you what I'm going to do about it! I'm going to find a Rush messageboard immediately and tell the world of my disdain for this travesty!

Rush should retire instead of touring to rob the fans of there money by playing a set list no one wants to hear!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

I'm so glad I got this off my chest. Now I will fade into obscurity and giggle like a school girl while I read the vile responses I get.

atickhum.gif Exhaustion....

STFU n00b!!!

1287.gif

I have the vilest disdain for your post that I have ever had. I am so disgusted I just might explode.

Now, where did I put my Craigslist password? Need to list my tickets...

They should have retired after the MP tour in 1981 . The band would have went out on top if they had . Face it people, they have not put out anything worth listening to since , they are only in it for the money and they hate the fans. Why do you think we don't hear Fly By Night anymore ? Because they are just selfish , money hungry people that clearly only care about playing what they want to play . Ru$h Suck.......

This is how in-it-for-the-money and really-hate-the-fans they are.

They come up with a terrible setlist that none of the fans want to hear, and yet they somehow force us to lay down the cheddar to hear it!

How the f**k do they do that?

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 13 2012, 07:50 AM)
They should have retired after the MP tour in 1981 . The band would have went out on top if they had . Face it people, they have not put out anything worth listening to since , they are only in it for the money and they hate the fans. Why do you think we don't hear Fly By Night anymore ? Because they are just selfish , money hungry people that clearly only care about playing what they want to play . Ru$h Suck.......

I hope you're being sarcastic cause that's beyond ridiculous and disrespectful.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 13 2012, 09:07 AM)
They should have retired after the MP tour in 1981 . The band would have went out on top if they had . Face it people, they have not put out anything worth listening to since , they are only in it for the money and they hate the fans. Why do you think we don't hear Fly By Night anymore ? Because they are just selfish , money hungry  people that clearly only care about playing what they want to play . Ru$h Suck.......

I'm Sheldon f***ing Cooper, and even I got that that was sarcasm.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 13 2012, 09:07 AM)
They should have retired after the MP tour in 1981 . The band would have went out on top if they had . Face it people, they have not put out anything worth listening to since , they are only in it for the money and they hate the fans. Why do you think we don't hear Fly By Night anymore ? Because they are just selfish , money hungry  people that clearly only care about playing what they want to play . Ru$h Suck.......

OMG, someone is being ridiculous and disrespectful on the internet!

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 13 2012, 12:50 PM)

You nailed it.

I hear your range of RU$H $UCK shirts are doing a roaring trade outside the venues, post-gig.

On www.streetvendor.com, it's reported they're outselling pirate copies of Clockwork Angels(pithily titled Cockwork Bangles) 20 to 1.

Good for you MD!!! Stick it to the man!!!

Woop!!!!

QUOTE (Tick @ Sep 13 2012, 07:35 AM)

Rush should retire instead of touring to rob the fans of there money by playing a set list  no one wants to hear!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

atickhum.gif  Exhaustion....

I don't know Tick, I hear the new album is pretty good. I will admit the set list is odd but I think it would be a fine set list provided the new stuff is as good as people say. I mean do we really need to hear Limelight, Red Barchetta, Freewill and TSOR for the bazillionth time? To be honest they could cease playing Tom Sawyer and any part of 2112 that isn't the whole f***ing song and I would be OK with it.

I won't be seeing them this tour but if I was I think the set list would be fine.

Edited by thesweetscience