The Whining Hurts My Ears Over The Computer!

Big Fan 2112

I dont really register on forums and hate to have my first post be negative in any way, but jesus already!!! Alot of you whine like little kids who dont get what they want for christmas over this set list!!

First off, Ive seen Rush for many years, first show being the ATWAS tour and then the Farewell To Kings show. Love the old stuff to death and really didnt get into the 80s stuff as much till later on, and while I personally like the raw style of early Rush, its all very good.

I personally get bored with all the hits. I really look forward to the new stuff from whatever band Im seeing. When your 49 you have heard Working Man, TSOR, Tom Sawyer ect... to death! Im just happy the new recording sounds as good as it does and am really looking forward to hearing it here in Chcago.

Go enjoy the show everyone. Whatever they play is better than 90% of the stuff thats coming out these days and you will miss them when they hang it up.

BTW....C/O this link for some old pics of the Farewell show from Hammond Indiana. It was held in an old place called the civic center. I took my future wife of 30 years to this and we snuck under the bleachers for a front row (general admission) place at the rail. AND, Rush`s encore for this show?? 2112!!!

http://www.regionrockmemories.com/HCC_Rush_78131_.html

Edited by Big Fan 2112

Thanks for the perspective and thanks also for those great pictures.

When you look at the band from 1978, playing their hearts out in smaller venues with a very modest stage production...and then look at them 34 years later still playing their hearts out with the backing of a huge stage production, well, it simply leaves me in awe.

See you in Chicago! Section 109

Edited by The Mighty Dudad

QUOTE (Big Fan 2112 @ Sep 12 2012, 03:30 PM)

I personally get bored with all the hits. I really look forward to the new stuff from whatever band Im seeing.

http://www.regionrockmemories.com/HCC_Rush_78131_.html

Nice post! See this is what I'm talking about, celebrate the old days with some great pictures, but embrace the NEW!

When the classic tours happened it was all about what the band is doing NOW.

But I guess some folks still try to relive their youth at concerts...?

confused13.gif

GREAT pictures! Lucky SOB! I was at the AFTK tour as well only I wasn't three feet from the stage. There were 10,000 people where I saw them and I was in the nose bleeds. Max Webster and Butler opened the show I saw, not Travers. But he did open a bunch on that tour, so probably... It was a GREAT show though!

You're right on all you said. People need to stop bitching about things and just appreciate the shows. These dudes are 60!

Great pictures, they look like someone's old family photos.

Can you imagine years from now when some kid finds The Rush Forum and bitches us all out for complaining about the set list when Rush was still touring?

Appreciate what you have.

Pat Travers was the opening act for the show I saw in 78. Life in London was the record he had out. Thing that gets me is all these years later I can remember that show like it was last week. Can almost remember the setlist too. Started with Bastile Day, anthem, FBN, then mixed in the FTK stuff. This was the first show they cut Bytor and mixed in Xanadu at the end.

Question on big stage productions for everyone.

Do you think its better up close or further back where you can see everything they are doing. Eg.

I saw Roger Waters do the Wall at the United Center in 2010 and was only 15 rows back, but always wondered If I missed the grandeur of the production being so close. Any thoughts?

QUOTE (Big Fan 2112 @ Sep 12 2012, 07:36 PM)
Pat Travers was the opening act for the show I saw in 78. Life in London was the record he had out. Thing that gets me is all these years later I can remember that show like it was last week. Can almost remember the setlist too. Started with Bastile Day, anthem, FBN, then mixed in the FTK stuff. This was the first show they cut Bytor and mixed in Xanadu at the end.

Question on big stage productions for everyone.

Do you think its better up close or further back where you can see everything they are doing. Eg.

I saw Roger Waters do the Wall at the United Center in 2010 and was only 15 rows back, but always wondered If I missed the grandeur of the production being so close. Any thoughts?

Well, I've seen Rush from the second to last row in the nose bleeds of Madison Square Garden (RTB tour) and from the front row of the floor (Time Machine, Chicago), and everything in between.

My experience from the front row was unlike anything I had ever witnessed. The "production" was completely irrelevant to me from that close. It was me and band, with the rest of venue pretty much disappearing for me. Very intense and very personal.

What's lost , of course is the "whole package". I couldn't tell you about any of the videos on the background screen, because I never looked (other than intro/outro videos), and the lights were simply a swath of colors that the boys were bathed in.

Sitting in the nose bleeds for RTB tour was a great way to experience the production, being able to take in the whole thing without having to look left and right.

Having done both, my attitude now is if I can't get within the first 10 rows or so, I'd prefer to be halfway back or more off the floor to enjoy the complete show.

Anyway, that's just me.