Official setlist revisions for nights A and B

USB Connector

Changes:

Carnies is constant

Seven Cities (night A) ----> Wish Them Well (night B)

encore is now Tom Sawyer and 2112 (overture, temples, finale)

I'm so psyched for night A, which Montreal will likely get. Best setlist to date? It is now.

http://www.rushisaband.com/images/201209/2469.f.jpg

Edited by USB Connector

So they've officially dropped TSoR??? (not complaining, I prefer 2112 excerpts truthfully)

Did they ever post setlist C?

You know the one that starts with the entire 2112 suite, goes into Cygnus X then into the entire Hemispheres album, And ends with a Caress of Steel Medley? (then an encore of Jacob's Ladder and Natural Science)

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Sep 12 2012, 12:50 PM)
So they've officially dropped TSoR??? (not complaining, I prefer 2112 excerpts truthfully)

You know the one that starts with the entire 2112 suite, goes into Cygnus X then into the entire Hemispheres album, And ends with a Caress of Steel Medley? (then an encore of Jacob's Ladder and Natural Science)

rofl3.gif

They did, they'll be playing it sometime in September of 1983 or something like that.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 12 2012, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (Jaminbenb @ Sep 12 2012, 12:50 PM)

You know the one that starts with the entire 2112 suite, goes into Cygnus X then into the entire Hemispheres album,  And ends with a Caress of Steel Medley? (then an encore of Jacob's Ladder and Natural Science)

rofl3.gif

They did, they'll be playing it sometime in September of 1983 or something like that.

Crap, I always miss the good stuff! rofl3.gif

SO the 2nd show included 7Cities, but no Carnies. You're saying they are keeping Carnies in permanently and instead alternating Wish them Well with 7Cities? Also, 2112 is now permanently in the Encore and TSOR is out?

Odd

Here's an idea:

Drop Red Sector A out permanently.

Make the Encore Permanently:

Tom Sawyer

SOR

For the most part, I get the set list and their need to play some obcure stuuf, but I just don't get their love for Red Sector A

I was doubtful about Red Sector A too, but the reports from the trenches all indicate that it is better than ever. Dreamline I could do without, having seen it so often, but I also heard that the lasers are gone and it's been given a spit and polish as well.

I like the changes in setlist B because I think that's what I'll be hearing in Chicago. The only concern is having Halo Effect, WTW and The Garden back to back might take some steam out of the show. Maybe put 7COG (not my favorite, but better than WTW) or even BU2B in the place of WTW.

But it's a minor gripe and I'm sure I'll enjoy the show.

QUOTE (mmm_donuts @ Sep 12 2012, 01:52 PM)
I like the changes in setlist B because I think that's what I'll be hearing in Chicago. The only concern is having Halo Effect, WTW and The Garden back to back might take some steam out of the show. Maybe put 7COG (not my favorite, but better than WTW) or even BU2B in the place of WTW.

But it's a minor gripe and I'm sure I'll enjoy the show.

Oh, well duh on me...they did that with Setlist A. doh.gif

That's what I get for refusing to read all the instructions. oops.gif

I'm getting the feeling the setlists could evolve throughout the tour, and a song here or there could continue changing just to keep people on their toes. Nothing earth shattering mind you, but they could continue to shuffle the few variable songs around, or throw a curve into the encore if they feel like it. I guess they're taking the "let's be more spontaneous" idea all the way to the setlists.

Drop Territories and Red Sector A and add in anything rarely played from the first 7 albums, and this could be among the best setlists ever, for me.

As it is, I'm very happy to be getting so many rarities, even if they are all from the synth period.

QUOTE (Jomboni @ Sep 12 2012, 12:50 PM)
It would be absolutely perfect if Seven Cities replaced Wish Them Well both nights, but I'm not going to complain over 1 song.

and screw Dreamline. Play Manhattan Project both nights!!! Especially with the strings. It should not be an in and out song.

Man, they are really channeling Power Windows on this tour. Big Money, Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams, Territories, and Manhattan Project. That's over half that album!

Wish I could make it, but I can't afford to drop the dough. Territories and Middletown Dreams are two of my favorite Rush songs.

The only thing that setlist is missing, with the Strings accompanying them, is Losing It.

Edited by New World Kid