Only post loving remarks

rayrushray

Dear Forum

Some new rules.

1) Only post glowing remarks for the band's show, our low self esteem doesn't allow for any true debate.

2)Expect to be called a hater, a troll and a ruffian when you express your opinion.

3) Please pet the band profusely on the head and pat them on the back, even though the the same effort was not extended to you.

4)You will be judged on how many posts you had previously created. A person with less than ten posts on this forum couldn't possibly be a true Rush fan.

5) Please don't tell the band or mention on the board the fact that the mid-eighties was a mostly forgetful era.

6) Don't tell the fans that this was the most compliant and conforming period for the band, when they were trying on some levels....to match the beat of the third world man.

7) If the band chooses an operatic approach, please sit quietly on your chair, looking through your power window, and be appreciative of the chance to pay for your tickets.

8) Thank Rush at all times for their efforts.

9) Go along to get along.

10)Most Importantly, please pay your credit card bill on time.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 12 2012, 11:33 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 12 2012, 10:28 AM)
freedom of Speach is a beautiful thing even though you are not!

bitchslap.gif

Double slap

losingit2k bitchslap.gif

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 12 2012, 10:20 AM)
Dear Forum

Some new rules.

1) Only post glowing remarks for the band's show, our low self esteem doesn't allow for any true debate.

2)Expect to be called a hater, a troll and a ruffian when you express your opinion.

3) Please pet the band profusely on the head and pat them on the back, even though the the same effort was not extended to you.

4)You will be judged on how many posts you had previously created. A person with less than ten posts on this forum couldn't possibly be a true Rush fan.

5) Please don't tell the band or mention on the board the fact that the mid-eighties was a mostly forgetful era.

6) Don't tell the fans that this was the most compliant and conforming period for the band, when they were trying on some levels....to match the beat of the third world man.

7) If the band chooses an operatic approach, please sit quietly on your chair, looking through your power window, and be appreciative of the chance to pay for your tickets.

Oh shut up and go back to the counterparts forum where you belong. We actually like Rush here trink39.gif

Wow. This has to be the only time I've ever seen some one new to the forum post an incredibly negative comment about Rush, and then seem surprised that other members react negatively to that, and then post something snarky about the forum.

sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Sep 12 2012, 11:50 AM)
Wow.  This has to be the only time I've ever seen some one new to the forum post an incredibly negative comment about Rush, and then seem surprised that other members react negatively to that, and then post something snarky about the forum.

sarcasm.gif

I know. That never happens! ohmy.gif

Usually, our trolls are veteran members who one day decide to troll..

confused13.gif

eh.gif

sarcasm.gif

Edited by Tommy Sawyer

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/6282/tumblrllsaaybxfl1qgsr7g.png

You post an opinion - good, bad, or indifferent - on this (or any) forum, and generally one or more of three things happen:

1. some people ignore it

2. some people agree with it

3. some people disagree with it

#1 happens to me all the time. Lots of posts that I think are interesting, or funny, or discussion-provoking, get glossed over (like this one maybe).

Just keep doing your thing, my friend. I happen to disagree almost 100% with your original post, but that's cool. Believe me, this world would be a truly awful place if everyone thought exactly the same as I do.

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 12 2012, 10:20 AM)
Dear Forum

Some new rules.

http://www.iheartkroger.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Kleenex.jpg

Dry your tears, dude - it's Rush fan forum. Most of us love the band and have been waiting for a set of rarities for some time.

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 12 2012, 11:20 AM)
Dear Forum

Some new rules.

STFU, n00b!

1287.gif

Rayrushray there is a difference between sharing an opinion and being an asshat.

Tullfan and people of the like are prime examples of the "asshat" category, who transcend the norm which is sharing subjective opinions even though they might differ and instead are annoying and incessant (which is funny considering his post count how much shit he has already said)

Edited by Analog_Bro

Ah, this board is tame compared to IMDB.com. Go on that and say you hate a movie. You'll be counting your blessings no one has figured out how to send bombs via email.

All this ranting and complaining makes me happy I never got any Facebook stock. I mean, who wants to invest in a company whose product is "Dude, you are an idiot if you think this tour's setlist SUCKS!!!!"

Edited by jjgittes

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 12 2012, 08:20 AM)
Dear Forum

Some new rules.

7)  If the band chooses an operatic approach, please sit quietly on your chair, looking through your power window, and be appreciative of the chance to pay for your tickets.

Truthfully, I don't begrudge you your opinion. I don't share it, but so what? It has no effect on me whatsoever. Think whatever you like about the tour.

As for your melodrama here in this thread, however....

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/the-hst-peace-thread-22732.jpg

Rule #1. Don't sign up at a FAN FORUM, say negative things and expect people not to respond.

I would think that would be a no-brainer.

angry.gif

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 12 2012, 09:20 AM)
Dear Forum

Some new rules.

Oh the irony. eh.gif Just leave...