IMO re: the setlist!!!

toyzshopmike

I can fully understand the frustrations of the fans that want the Pre: MP songs to be played as I the MP and after being played LIVE! I started listening to RUSH MP and after... as my wife of 26 years and children now, son 15 and daughter 16.... just LOVE the new song list. I have read the posts over the last several days and read the LAZINESS in RE: the songlist and I am just astonished how any true RUSH fan can even THINK of saying such BS!!!! The guys are not getting any younger (neither are we!) and if you remember Neil`s tragedies in the `90,s..... we are damn f`n lucky to even have anything NEW from our favorite Band!!!! So guess what... SUCK IT UP folks!!! The last couple of years were FULL of old PRE 1981 stuff and I think and feel it is our turn at the wheel!!! For what ever reason which we can all speculate `till the cows come home.... The guys have decided that this was going to be the setlist.... IMO the setlist is YET to be confirmed BUT will be shortly by audience approval from what I see in the videos online ( such as Seven Cities of Gold a now regular) thank GOD!!!! Does this setlist take me back to when I was younger and went to their shows.... F!!! YES and it brought back many memories and I`m still waiting to see the show in TO... give everyone a brake and enjoy what we F`n have while we still have it!

P.S PLEASE change T.S with LIMELIGHT!!!! tongue.gif comp26.gif comp26.gif trink39.gif 653.gif

Mike

you are right on!!!....I overreacted to the set list,because it was not,what

I wanted to hear...and apologized for it.and will again...it's someone else

turn now to hear synth songs pw tunes.I Know how fortunate,we all our

to still see these guys come out and play...so cheers to you for reminding

us all...I am going to have fun,at that oct show no matter what!! 2.gif

I'm actually pretty happy with the setlist since I missed the Power Windows Tour. To me this is Power Windows / Clockwork Angels Tour. Could the setlist use some work? Prehaps. I felt the decision of using Working Man was bad one. I think that slot would have been better filled with any of the below:

Xanadu, La Villa Strangiatto, Natural Science, 2112 Overture/Temples/Finale. Another thing, they shouldn't have omitted Limelight. They should have placed that in the Encore and not touched The Spirit of Radio either. Actually if the show would have ended like below it would have much less complaints from fans not brought up in the 80s. One of the biggest problems is Working Man in the setlist once again.

Red Sector A

YYZ

2112/ Overture/ Temples/ Finale

Encore:

Limelight

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 12 2012, 06:42 PM)
I'm actually pretty happy with the setlist since I missed the Power Windows Tour. To me this is Power Windows / Clockwork Angels Tour. Could the setlist use some work? Prehaps. I felt the decision of using Working Man was bad one. I think that slot would have been better filled with any of the below:

Xanadu, La Villa Strangiatto, Natural Science, 2112 Overture/Temples/Finale. Another thing, they shouldn't have omitted Limelight. They should have placed that in the Encore and not touched The Spirit of Radio either. Actually if the show would have ended like below it would have much less complaints from fans not brought up in the 80s. One of the biggest problems is Working Man in the setlist once again.

Red Sector A
YYZ

Encore:
Limelight
Tom Sawyer
The Spirit of Radio

I think a medley of jams ala R30 would have been cool as well.

QUOTE (goose @ Sep 12 2012, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 12 2012, 06:42 PM)

Red Sector A
YYZ

Encore:
Limelight
Tom Sawyer
The Spirit of Radio

I think a medley of jams ala R30 would have been cool as well.

Actually, little musical nods throughout would placate a bunch of the complaints. The CA stuff sets up well for that, so why not?

I use to be a fan that was all pre-MP and anything after was all downhill but in the last 3-4 yrs i totally appreciate all their work and what they accomplished

correct me if i am wrong, I havent seen this tour yet, I will on Oct 14th

but corect me still

I dont think they are playing these song like how they played it in the 80's

i am convinced that they have added some humf them songs and i can imagine how those songs now sound with more zip to them

i dont thing they are re-verting to the synth part but modernizing them to today's sound

so that'll give those songs new life

im totally excited about hearing that

QUOTE (RUSHFREAK101 @ Sep 12 2012, 06:54 PM)
I use to be a fan that was all pre-MP and anything after was all downhill but in the last 3-4 yrs i totally appreciate all their work and what they accomplished

correct me if i am wrong, I havent seen this tour yet, I will on Oct 14th
but corect me still

I dont think they are playing these song like how they played it in the 80's

i am convinced that they have added some humf them songs and i can imagine how those songs now sound with more zip to them

i dont thing they are re-verting to the synth part but modernizing them to today's sound

so that'll give those songs new life

im totally excited about hearing that

Yes, all the 80s songs have more hair on the guitar. It's been that way since the Vapor Trails tour.

First off I would like to thank all you peeps for positive replies!!!

Rush in regards to music has ALWAYS been my life and I most certainly do understand the frustrations of a true diehard not getting what they are expecting, however as I have had to learn (my wife as the weitness) enjoy what you can get while you can because once it's gone you're fk'd and it'll never be again!!!

These guys are trying new things and they are working and sounds great to me anyway! I apologize to those that I may have offended, it's just that with many negative posts against my favorite band, I have never whined, complained nor belittled the band because they played so many pre MP songes during the last few years!!! Simply I (WE... Family) have enjoyed what our favorite musicians had to offer us!

Again I am thanking the above peeps for their positiveness and helping others to actually look FWD. to the up comming shows as WE are!!!

2.gif KICKS ASS!!!!

NOW... ROTFLMFAO z7shysterical.gif

I've seen a couple ov peeps say Oct. show and especially one that was going to TO on the 14th anyone going on the 14th in TO? I have a couple of questions???

1) where are you guys sitting?

2) how did you obtain your tix??? Ticketmaster, VIP etc?

3) if VIP? time of purchase

4) are you going to RushCon?

The reasons I ask are... We have never gone to RushCon and I would like to do this, this year.... Also when getting tickets I went VIP and got our tickets at 12:16pm (tickets went on sale at 12:00) because it was a very late anouncement that morning about tickets going on sale and I am worried about chitty seats.

Thanks to everyone!

Mike