Terrible Terrible Terrible

rayrushray

I saw the Bristow show and while 80's RUSH is not my favorite era of their music the guys played well. Going into the second set if i'm honest I was a little worried but I must say the CA material plays very well live. I was blown away and the string section was a nice touch. All and all a great show. Leaving the venue there were plenty of pissed off people, I was not one of them, I would go see this tour again tonite.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 14 2012, 04:26 AM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Sep 14 2012, 03:38 AM)
QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 13 2012, 07:12 AM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Sep 13 2012, 04:50 AM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 12 2012, 06:35 PM)
QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 12 2012, 05:31 PM)
You know what's terrible? I was forced to drink A Miller Lite @ a college football game last Saturday because nothing else was available...and broke out in HIVES!! No crap! Now THAT's terrible - on two counts!

My college didn't serve beer at the games angry.gif

Which is better than having to drink Miller Lite. Life's too short to drink shit beer.

You get to live in Vancouver, Washington....I dislike you. angry.gif (green with envy) wink.gif

Well, our Springs are pretty much non -existent and Summer gets around to showing up about the middle of July (if we're lucky....really!) and both those facts suck big time. I lived in SoCal for 13 years and Spring arrives in mid-Feb. and Summer in early May and I loved it. Rains way too much here too.

On the other hand, we don't have humidity, we don't have to deal with much snow but can still drive a half hour up into the mountains if we want it (and plenty of it usually), get to enjoy year around green beauty as a result of all that rain and maybe most importantly, have some of the best freakin' coffee and some of the best freakin' beer on the planet around pretty much every corner in both Washington and Oregon.

cool.gif trink39.gif

I love that area. Beautiful! Amazing hiking out the wazoo - all season. I know you're probably tired of it, but just Falls Road is stunning to an 'outsider'. The smartest people live in 'Portland North' and take full advantage of the tax situation in both states. Kuddos! BTW, Full Sail may be the most impressive microbrew (like they're really microbrew anymore) tour I've ever taken - along with New Belgium in Ft Collins, CO. That being said, Bridgeport has yet to make a beer I don't like. Hop Czar is king! Cheers!! trink39.gif

BIG fan of IPAs. New Belgium makes Ranger which is one of my very favs and Hop Czar is the shit too. Cheers back to you trink39.gif

Oh, and unfortunately my tax situation isn't good. I live in Washington and work in Oregon meaning I pay income tax to the state of Oregon yet because I am not a resident, I have no say (by votes) on how that money is spent. Taxation without representation. It sucks but there's nothing I can do about it at the moment. It is what it is, and whatever.

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (professornutbudder @ Sep 13 2012, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 13 2012, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 12 2012, 10:04 PM)
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26662754.jpg

ohmy.gif z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

First of all, that's f'n hilarious.

Second, as I watched the Indy show tonight, the logic of this setlist dawned on me...It comes down to the CA story(the novel). The themes of the songs played line up pretty damn well with the story.

Traffic is starting to move, I'll elaborate later.

Best. Post. Ever. rofl3.gif

This should be on a shirt that comes out of the dryers on the R40 tour.

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 11 2012, 11:48 PM)
The memo is out and the Pittsburgh fans got it.

With an embarrassing curtain around all the unsold cheap seats and a terrible ushering system that forced me to stand in an unwanted line to get "better seats", I missed the first two songs because rush apparently weren't aware most of there fans were faced with this inconvenience.

If only I had refused the upgrade and went to the exits early.

The chances missed in life............sigh.

After going on a tepid run through rarities that left even their hard core fans a little stumped for an answer, the band thankfully adjourned for an intermission that allowed the bored and dreamy a chance to catch up on email.

The break allowed for me to scan the crowd: a good mix of dumbfounded older fans with deep wonder in their eyes and young kids who were mesmerized and taken in by a time machine last time out, only to be hoodwinked in to the current set, that had them hoping that Madonna or Culture Club might appear suddenly and save them from such lameness.

In the highly anticipated second set, the high paying customers were treated to a disorganized group of string players who looked good, and probably would have sounded better if the mixologist would have done his job with a bit more savvy.

As new song after new song was force-fed to the "High-Paying" customers, many in the crowd took extended breaks in the restroom, figuring rightly that security might be better company.

By the time the new songs were lodged in everyone's throats, some real hits were ready to roll.

Like Manhattan Project and Red Sector A....

HUH? What a joke.

To lull a sleepy crowd from their doldrums, a lazy, out of place and momentum lacking YYZ segued into an often repeated reggae version of a very tired Working Man.

Tom Sawyer appeared, without any true swagger, and 2112 was performed like it was a motion a band has to go through.

I can't tell you what the closing video contained, because when disgust sets in, it's better to exit and hope for a safe ride home.

Inconsiderate. Lazy. Thoughtless. Words That I never associated with Rush.

The set, the arrangement, the videos, all of it.

I saw it in the faces of the young and the faces of the old as they high-tailed for the doors, the momentum gained with the Time Machine Tour was lost on the Clockwork Angels Tour.

Spare me all the, "Rush has been around a long time, and they can do what they want"

Now that's whining...........

A set list like this could have been great, if only it would have been plotted instead of mailed in.

Return to Sender.

Bottom Line: This is a terrible show, go and see it at your own risk.

Of course, If insomnia plagues you, I think I have your cure.

goodpost.gif

sucks to hear it and really hope its not that bad and or true.

with glowing reviews like this, i would bet if i were to drive to carlotte, i could score seats for below face value and as all i am interested in is the second set, that seems fitting.

i have severely shaved scalpers at several rush shows including two-fers.

my guess is that is what are gonna see this tour.

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 12 2012, 01:00 AM)
QUOTE (toyzshopmike @ Sep 12 2012, 12:50 AM)
rayrushray.... are you smokin` crack or something else...
I really don`t F`n get it, some peps on here BLAME the setlist on everything... Guess what peeeps there is no money in North America do you get it NONE NADA.... The album is and has sold great $20 bucks a pop yes awesome album but guess what people just can not afford to go to a concert at $150 a pop... I am a HUGE NHRA drag racing fan and guess what... those damn stands are empty too.... I can show you videos of 10 years ago and show you the same race last weekend.... it was bizzare nobody was in the stands just the same as the last 2 NHRA seasons... North America is fk`d right now and we are all paying the price including RUSH!!!! so get off screwing the guys over and get on with your life if you cant handle the current situation.... But don`t come on this board flaming the guys for something they have no control over because you don`t like their setlist!
MIKE

How about lower the prices and play some songs that most fans want to hear ?

They played some of my favorite songs. If you didn't like it, stop complaining. How can you consider yourself a fan?

This setlist is for the fans that never left them in the 80's or dogged them over keyboards...the fans that always get into their new stuff. Saw them last night in Indy. Four songs off Power Windows! Loved every note. And how can you deny the new stuff? Master musicians with incredible energy for their age. Anyone who slams them at this point of their career is just being an old dickhead (as you know, I stole that) We are lucky they are still doing it! Thanks for playing the deep cuts and bring on Chicago! Go Rush!

QUOTE (professornutbudder @ Sep 13 2012, 10:09 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 13 2012, 09:07 PM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 12 2012, 10:04 PM)
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26662754.jpg

ohmy.gif z7shysterical.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

First of all, that's f'n hilarious.

Second, as I watched the Indy show tonight, the logic of this setlist dawned on me...It comes down to the CA story(the novel). The themes of the songs played line up pretty damn well with the story.

Traffic is starting to move, I'll elaborate later.

This is the funniest post on CA in a very long time. Thank you.

QUOTE (glover @ Sep 14 2012, 09:30 PM)
This setlist is for the fans that never left them in the 80's or dogged them over keyboards...the fans that always get into their new stuff. Saw them last night in Indy. Four songs off Power Windows! Loved every note. And how can you deny the new stuff? Master musicians with incredible energy for their age. Anyone who slams them at this point of their career is just being an old dickhead (as you know, I stole that) We are lucky they are still doing it! Thanks for playing the deep cuts and bring on Chicago! Go Rush!

goodpost.gif