Terrible Terrible Terrible

rayrushray

QUOTE (default236 @ Sep 12 2012, 11:48 AM)
and as much as we all want to hear Jacob's Ladder, it just won't work. Too much room for error and at this day and age for the band and it just screams TRAINWRECK.

after playing Moving Pictures in its entirety, you dont think they can pull off Jacob's Ladder?

I beg to differ.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title of this thread is absurd.

If the show is "terrible" then I can't think of a word for other acts.

Jesus, the guys are 60 and refuse to become a nostalgia act. This speaks volumes about their commitment to playing live. They are not immortal, and if that means breaking up a solo (which works very well) or using other instruments more (keyboards or strings, both work well), so be it.

They play for themselves and for us.

The show rocks!

Yes! Manchester was terrible! Terrible! $7.00 for a plastic bottle of Budweiser?!? Only one tap for the Guinness?!? Horrendously bad. It ruined my beer drinking experience! Terrible!

Fortunately, the concert was so *crazy* fraking good, I survived on my Budweiser. I had to drive home 90 miles anyway, so I suppose it wasn't outrageous, but pretty, pretty bad.

Oh, the concert kicked serious ass! I was so busy rocking out, I ended up drinking a quasi-warm bottle of Bud before we left the arena. It tasted terrible!

That was the game, right? Use terrible as many times in the review of how absolutely amazing Rush is. wink.gif

trink39.gif

2.gif 1022.gif

Still the Greatest Band in the Galaxy.

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 12 2012, 04:05 PM)
Yes! Manchester was terrible! Terrible! $7.00 for a plastic bottle of Budweiser?!? Only one tap for the Guinness?!? Horrendously bad. It ruined my beer drinking experience! Terrible!

Fortunately, the concert was so *crazy* fraking good, I survived on my Budweiser. I had to drive home 90 miles anyway, so I suppose it wasn't outrageous, but pretty, pretty bad.

Oh, the concert kicked serious ass! I was so busy rocking out, I ended up drinking a quasi-warm bottle of Bud before we left the arena. It tasted terrible!

That was the game, right? Use terrible as many times in the review of how absolutely amazing Rush is. wink.gif

trink39.gif

2.gif 1022.gif

I paid 50 cents more and had a cold Sam Adams Boston Lager. And all this whining about the setlist makes me puke.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Sep 12 2012, 05:14 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 12 2012, 04:05 PM)
Yes!  Manchester was terrible!  Terrible!  $7.00 for a plastic bottle of Budweiser?!?  Only one tap for the Guinness?!?  Horrendously bad.  It ruined my beer drinking experience!  Terrible!

Fortunately, the concert was so *crazy* fraking good, I survived on my Budweiser.  I had to drive home 90 miles anyway, so I suppose it wasn't outrageous, but pretty, pretty bad.

Oh, the concert kicked serious ass!  I was so busy rocking out, I ended up drinking a quasi-warm bottle of Bud before we left the arena.  It tasted terrible!

That was the game, right?  Use terrible as many times in the review of how absolutely amazing Rush is.  wink.gif

trink39.gif

2.gif 1022.gif

I paid 50 cents more and had a cold Sam Adams Boston Lager. And all this whining about the setlist makes me puke.

$.50 more for Sam Adams than Bud?!? And I drank Bud?!? That is terrible! Of course, the beer lines were very long and unorganized. Terrible, just terrible I say.

laugh.gif

2.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 11 2012, 11:48 PM)
The memo is out and the Pittsburgh fans got it.

With an embarrassing curtain around all the unsold cheap seats and a terrible ushering system that forced me to stand in an unwanted line to get "better seats", I missed the first two songs because rush apparently weren't aware most of there fans were faced with this inconvenience.

If only I had refused the upgrade and went to the exits early.

The chances missed in life............sigh.

After going on a tepid run through rarities that left even their hard core fans a little stumped for an answer, the band thankfully adjourned for an intermission that allowed the bored and dreamy a chance to catch up on email.

The break allowed for me to scan the crowd: a good mix of dumbfounded older fans with deep wonder in their eyes and young kids who were mesmerized and taken in by a time machine last time out, only to be hoodwinked in to the current set, that had them hoping that Madonna or Culture Club might appear suddenly and save them from such lameness.

In the highly anticipated second set, the high paying customers were treated to a disorganized group of string players who looked good, and probably would have sounded better if the mixologist would have done his job with a bit more savvy.

As new song after new song was force-fed to the "High-Paying" customers, many in the crowd took extended breaks in the restroom, figuring rightly that security might be better company.

By the time the new songs were lodged in everyone's throats, some real hits were ready to roll.

Like Manhattan Project and Red Sector A....

HUH? What a joke.

To lull a sleepy crowd from their doldrums, a lazy, out of place and momentum lacking YYZ segued into an often repeated reggae version of a very tired Working Man.

Tom Sawyer appeared, without any true swagger, and 2112 was performed like it was a motion a band has to go through.

I can't tell you what the closing video contained, because when disgust sets in, it's better to exit and hope for a safe ride home.

Inconsiderate. Lazy. Thoughtless. Words That I never associated with Rush.

The set, the arrangement, the videos, all of it.

I saw it in the faces of the young and the faces of the old as they high-tailed for the doors, the momentum gained with the Time Machine Tour was lost on the Clockwork Angels Tour.

Spare me all the, "Rush has been around a long time, and they can do what they want"

Now that's whining...........

A set list like this could have been great, if only it would have been plotted instead of mailed in.

Return to Sender.

Bottom Line: This is a terrible show, go and see it at your own risk.

Of course, If insomnia plagues you, I think I have your cure.

What a load of attention baiting tripe.

And people accuse me of statrting sh*t on this board when I have the audacity to defend the band.

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 12 2012, 09:05 PM)

trink39.gif

2.gif 1022.gif

Only one tap for Guinness?????

I'd have started a f***ing riot.

Last night in Pittsburgh was awesome , I have only seen Rush since the Snakes and Arrows tour so most of the set was new to me live , the set list was fantastic I couldn't believe we got so much from the 80s , great show great set , roll on Indianapolis 2.gif

QUOTE (zappafrank @ Sep 12 2012, 12:08 AM)
We were in section 216 and were bumped to 105

Nice!

How much did you save buying the 216 tix instead of the 105's initially, if you don't mind me asking?

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 12 2012, 11:08 AM)

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif [/quote]
I can promise you Rush isn't sitting around talking about an R40 tour and what they should save for it. It's not their style to look that ahead

Neil said in a recent interview that they have booked themselves for the next 3 years but past that is uncertain. meaning 2012,2013,2014.

You know what's terrible? I was forced to drink A Miller Lite @ a college football game last Saturday because nothing else was available...and broke out in HIVES!! No crap! Now THAT's terrible - on two counts!

QUOTE (HalfwayToGone @ Sep 12 2012, 09:05 AM)
I already said it somewhere else, but I've seen them 17 times before and seen all those hits pretty much every time. I'm actually happy to see a completely different set for a change. I saw Time Machine twice, I don't need to see all those songs live for the 18th time in a row. Some people like eating the same meal three times a day for their entire life, and that's OK. Everyone's entitled to their tastes. I like some variety every now and then. Makes life more interesting for me.

This. If after thirty+ years, there are still people who think that Rush is going to play the same greatest hits set year after year (a la The Who) then they haven't been paying very close attention. And they deserve to be parted from their money.

QUOTE (rayrushray @ Sep 11 2012, 11:48 PM)
The memo is out and the Pittsburgh fans got it.

With an embarrassing curtain around all the unsold cheap seats and a terrible ushering system that forced me to stand in an unwanted line to get "better seats", I missed the first two songs because rush apparently weren't aware most of there fans were faced with this inconvenience.

If only I had refused the upgrade and went to the exits early.

The chances missed in life............sigh.

After going on a tepid run through rarities that left even their hard core fans a little stumped for an answer, the band thankfully adjourned for an intermission that allowed the bored and dreamy a chance to catch up on email.

The break allowed for me to scan the crowd: a good mix of dumbfounded older fans with deep wonder in their eyes and young kids who were mesmerized and taken in by a time machine last time out, only to be hoodwinked in to the current set, that had them hoping that Madonna or Culture Club might appear suddenly and save them from such lameness.

In the highly anticipated second set, the high paying customers were treated to a disorganized group of string players who looked good, and probably would have sounded better if the mixologist would have done his job with a bit more savvy.

As new song after new song was force-fed to the "High-Paying" customers, many in the crowd took extended breaks in the restroom, figuring rightly that security might be better company.

By the time the new songs were lodged in everyone's throats, some real hits were ready to roll.

Like Manhattan Project and Red Sector A....

HUH? What a joke.

To lull a sleepy crowd from their doldrums, a lazy, out of place and momentum lacking YYZ segued into an often repeated reggae version of a very tired Working Man.

Tom Sawyer appeared, without any true swagger, and 2112 was performed like it was a motion a band has to go through.

I can't tell you what the closing video contained, because when disgust sets in, it's better to exit and hope for a safe ride home.

Inconsiderate. Lazy. Thoughtless. Words That I never associated with Rush.

The set, the arrangement, the videos, all of it.

I saw it in the faces of the young and the faces of the old as they high-tailed for the doors, the momentum gained with the Time Machine Tour was lost on the Clockwork Angels Tour.

Spare me all the, "Rush has been around a long time, and they can do what they want"

Now that's whining...........

A set list like this could have been great, if only it would have been plotted instead of mailed in.

Return to Sender.

Bottom Line: This is a terrible show, go and see it at your own risk.

Of course, If insomnia plagues you, I think I have your cure.

Obviously you were not at the same show I was last night.

QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 12 2012, 05:31 PM)
You know what's terrible? I was forced to drink A Miller Lite @ a college football game last Saturday because nothing else was available...and broke out in HIVES!! No crap! Now THAT's terrible - on two counts!

My college didn't serve beer at the games angry.gif

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 12 2012, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (bigalfan @ Sep 12 2012, 05:31 PM)

My college didn't serve beer at the games angry.gif

That's terrible!! wink.gif Mine doesn't either. This was one of those on campus beer cart deals.