Pittbsburgh show didn't sell well?

zappafrank

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 14 2012, 08:22 AM)
QUOTE (BriGuy @ Sep 14 2012, 12:31 AM)
On behalf of the city of Pittsburgh, you can go f**k yourself.  moon.gif

Your restaurants put Cole Slaw on Cheeseburgers 062802puke_prv.gif , you Lose

I don't even eat meat and that sounds really, really good.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 14 2012, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (BriGuy @ Sep 14 2012, 12:31 AM)
On behalf of the city of Pittsburgh, you can go f**k yourself.  moon.gif

Your restaurants put Cole Slaw on Cheeseburgers 062802puke_prv.gif , you Lose

Primanti Brothers puts slaw and fries on all kinds of sandwiches; don't know if they have burgers that way, but if they do, it's way more than just burgers.

They're the place that made that "famous." It's not a universal thing, for sure.

We got a pizza place that puts the cheese and toppings on pizza cold... so they heat the crust and sauce, then serve it with the toppings cold. Waddya think of that? wink.gif

QUOTE (Na na na @ Sep 14 2012, 11:22 AM)
Pittsburgh show sold about 8,000

What's your source for that?

Another thought on attendance - it could be it's just too soon after Time Machine. I had been there two years ago, and almost didn't go this time. It was only just two years ago, so maybe it's just too soon for some to justify it again.

Edited by BriGuy

QUOTE (BriGuy @ Sep 14 2012, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (Na na na @ Sep 14 2012, 11:22 AM)
Pittsburgh show sold about 8,000

What's your source for that?

Another thought on attendance - it could be it's just too soon after Time Machine. I had been there two years ago, and almost didn't go this time. It was only just two years ago, so maybe it's just too soon for some to justify it again.

I'm not sure, but these numbers were posted on the Counterparts board...

Verizon Wireless Arena - Manchester, NH - 9,204 / 10,050

Jiffy Lube Live - Bristow, VA - 11,430 / 25,000

Consol Energy Center - Pittsburgh, PA - 7,955 / 11,487

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 17 2012, 11:38 PM)
This has nothing to do with the Time Machine Tour. This has everything to do with a real bad economy and people thinking twice and thrice about relinquishing their hard earned $$$!

cool.gif

I am certain Rush isn't the only band feeling the pinch from the global economy. In general, ticket sales are down.

Even metallica, they did the orion music festival in alanta, , they headlined 2 nights , Playing a differnt album a night including the black album, they had , I believe over 30 acts on the bill, over 2 nights and only 26000 tickets were sold for booth nights, and this is the mighty metallica, 1022.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Skin Bag @ Sep 12 2012, 01:35 AM)
Maybe because weeknight shows don't sell as well as weekends?  Dunno, it's just a guess.

I havent missed a show in years and am going to this time around just because its on a weeknight. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif wtf.gif Economy as well is in the shits.

I just wanted to add that it looks like Edmonton's show is selling really well. There is still a little bit of tickets in the back top corners but they just opened up side stage, somewhat obstructed view, on lower and upper level.

And we have had a lot of big acts this year. Metallica x2, roger waters the wall x2, Paul McCartney x2 Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Van Halen, Coldplay, Bryan Adams, Black Keys, Bob Dylan.

Deep Purple did terrible. And last october Roger Daltry was here for the Tommy tour and the tickets sales were terrible, too bad because it was a good show.

So I would say for any band who's not justin beiber to fill the venue in pretty good.

They curtained off the upper level of The Palace in Detroit save for the first 6 or 7 rows. Moved people down to the lower level. Some empty spaces in the back of the house, but it was a pretty nice crowd for a Tuesday night in an area struggling. I bet it was over 10,000.

Most notably most of the suites looked vacant, floor and sides looked full to me.

Edited by spindrifting

QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Sep 12 2012, 02:40 AM)
Seattle 11/13 selling real well, only nosebleeds left last I looked. Tuesday night show.

You can't count Seattle in this equation. It's the only show for British Columbia, Washington and Oregon, so of course it will be full. We in the PNW always get the short end of the stick when it comes to Rush. I guess there aren't enough Rush fans out here, so we have to travel a long distance to the shows. Unfortunately for me, a weeknight in November doesn't work for me. It has to be a weekend or summer vacation for me to get time off work.

There! I had to get that off my chest.

2.gif

QUOTE (On TheRoad To Adventure @ Sep 19 2012, 08:27 PM)
QUOTE (driventotheedge @ Sep 12 2012, 02:40 AM)
Seattle 11/13 selling real well, only nosebleeds left last I looked. Tuesday night show.

You can't count Seattle in this equation. It's the only show for British Columbia, Washington and Oregon, so of course it will be full. We in the PNW always get the short end of the stick when it comes to Rush. I guess there aren't enough Rush fans out here, so we have to travel a long distance to the shows. Unfortunately for me, a weeknight in November doesn't work for me. It has to be a weekend or summer vacation for me to get time off work.

There! I had to get that off my chest.

2.gif

My sympathies that you can't make it. I get one floating holiday a year and I save it for that year's Rush show. The floating holidays are first come first served but needless to say there wasn't much competition for a Tuesday night in November. laugh.gif

Fortunately I only have to drive 3 hours north to get to Key Arena.

Oh, and as I've told my girlfriend before, when Rush comes anywhere in the NW, I go. Period. If I have to call in sick, that's what I will do. The number of opportunities to see these guys is dwindling fast and I will not let work interfere with that. As I said, I have used my one floating holiday per year to see them on nights I normally work, but if that was not possible I would not let it stop me from seeing them. My work will survive one night without me.

One other thing, because I set my holiday for Rush in Seattle on 11/13, I had to call in sick to see Roger Waters performing The Wall in Portland on 5/22. A VERY wise choice on my part as it was an incredible experience (12th row floor didn't hurt!!).