Terry Gilliam needs to direct the CA movie!

cmaj7flat5

QUOTE (thizzellewashington @ Sep 11 2012, 09:26 PM)
I don't think the book is good enough to warrant a movie. Which isn't to say I wouldn't see it in a theater and buy it on blu-ray if they made one.

Come on...If hollywood will make movies from those silly Nicholas Sparks books, then they should make a movie based off of CA...just sayin

QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 12 2012, 05:52 AM)
Pity Gilliam didn't write the book...

How about Tom Hanks as Owen Hardy?

Tom Hanks is 56 years old so of course he should play a young man on a journey of discovery in the Spring of his life.

QUOTE (drbirdsong @ Sep 12 2012, 08:15 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Sep 12 2012, 05:52 AM)
Pity Gilliam didn't write the book...

How about Tom Hanks as Owen Hardy?

Tom Hanks is 56 years old so of course he should play a young man on a journey of discovery in the Spring of his life.

Yes, let's put Tom Hanks in every f***ing movie. I wish he wasn't the only actor in the world...

noooo anybody but terry gilliam his animation for python was brilliant but cant make feature films to save his life... i say no CA movie coz i'm a bit tired of the whole franchise now smile.gif

new rush album please.

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Sep 17 2012, 06:27 PM)
noooo anybody but terry gilliam his animation for python was brilliant but cant make feature films to save his life... i say no CA movie coz i'm a bit tired of the whole franchise now smile.gif

new rush album please.

Can't make feature films? Some of his movies have been nominated for academy awards, like Baron Munchausen. I, for one, would be entirely willing to see Terry Gilliam do this, if he ever decided to.

QUOTE (waluigithewalrus @ Oct 3 2012, 12:45 PM)
QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Sep 17 2012, 06:27 PM)
noooo anybody but terry gilliam his animation for python was brilliant but cant make feature films to save his life... i say no CA movie coz i'm a bit tired of the whole franchise now  smile.gif

new rush album please.

Can't make feature films? Some of his movies have been nominated for academy awards, like Baron Munchausen.

i say no more smile.gif

i think a movie like CA gets made by fans for fans. Maybe some talented people use kickstarter to fund it. i am about 1/2way thru the book and while I like it, it doesn't strike me as mainstream enough to warrant a release unless a small group of dedicated fans fund it.

This is what I would want to see for the movie, I havent finished the book yet so I don't know every character yet.

Director-Tim Burton

Owen-Some young upstart, I don't know any good teenage actors

Owen (Old, either as narator or in actual shots)-Tom Hanks

The Watchmaker-Christopher loyd

The Anarchist-Johnny Depp

Carnival Leader (forgot his name)- Jack Black

The Pedlar-Morgan Freeman

Owen's Love Interests-Girls who ARE NOT related to a disney tv show

A Carnival Barker-Alex Lifeson

Conductor for the Caravans (or something similar)-Geddy Lee

Inventor of the Percussor-Neil Peart

Score-Alex Lifeson and Danny Elfman (two of my favorite writters working together would be the ultimate dream)

• Like 1