Poll-If you could pick one song to leave the set

dayglow76

If you could pick one song to leave the setlist what would it be?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. If you could pick one song to leave the setlist what would it be?

• The Body Electric
    • Middletown Dreams
    • Territories
    • Bravado
    • The Pass
    • Carnies
    • 7 cities of gold
    • Wish them well
    • Dreamline
    • Manhattan Project
    • Working Man
    • Ughh all of it i don't like any of those
    • I like some of the songs but not all
    • Are you crazy? I love em all!
    • Rush can fart in a mic for 4 hours and i will throw cash at them.

Territories is in the running for Rush's worst song, so that's a no-brainer for me. I wish that would at least have been just one of the one's that's played every-other night.

"Territories" is the song I was hoping they WOULDN'T play. Oh well.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 11 2012, 09:08 AM)
The only song on that list which is worthy of sacrificing is Working Man.
It's been in the setlist every tour since '02 and I would not mind at all if they give it a rest.

It was out of the set in 2007 and 2008.

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 11 2012, 01:50 PM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 11 2012, 04:21 PM)
QUOTE (rushbabe @ Sep 11 2012, 04:50 PM)
Where's My Thing...take it off plz

Absolutely NOT

goodpost.gif

how so many ppl can like a song that sounds like it should have been on a richard simmons work out video is beyond me....

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Sep 12 2012, 04:58 AM)
I'd start with the A set, toss the Garden, put in 7COG in its album slot after Halo Effect.

I have a feeling The Garden's going to be one of my most favorite parts of the show. I've heard it like 600 times and it still gives me chills wub.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 11 2012, 09:04 AM)
Wish Them Well.

The only thing that prevents this song from being a run of the mill generic mordern rock song is that fact that Rush performs it. But even that isn't quite enough to save the song.

Somebody needs to explain to me that hate The Body Electric seems to get around here? I've always loved the song, I don't get why so many here seem so down on it confused13.gif

trink39.gif

moon.gif to the haters! The Body Electric, is worth the price of admission just for the ending alone! "Bows its head and prays to the mother of all machines!! All machines!!" Love it! Classic Geddy edgy techno vocals!

I voted for Bravado because they seemed to play that one forever. Doesn't mean I don't like it. Just have heard it so much on my own and seeing them play it nearly every show since it's release. They have their reasons and I'm cool with it. Just saying.

After voting I forgot that Red Sector A carries the same sentiment with me. I liked the song but again they play that one quite frequently.

Working Man would be next but I'd rather hear Working Man more than the above two. One of the pillars that held rush up to be bold and famous.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Sep 11 2012, 09:04 AM)
Wish Them Well.

The only thing that prevents this song from being a run of the mill generic mordern rock song is that fact that Rush performs it. But even that isn't quite enough to save the song.

Somebody needs to explain to me that hate The Body Electric seems to get around here? I've always loved the song, I don't get why so many here seem so down on it confused13.gif

Dude I really get what you are saying! You're riight, Wish Them Well is a great song despite the fact it was written and performed by 2.gif the masters!

As for the Body Electric, I am upset that people are upset by this being added to the Setlist. On this section of the forum (On The Lighted Stage) someone made a petition to bring back that " Humanoid escapee" so why the anger when Rush does what was asked of them!!!!

QUOTE (The Vigilante @ Sep 12 2012, 04:48 AM)
lol .. u people are off your rocker.. territories & body electric kicks ass! cool10.gif

yes. Bravado, Manhattan Project and Red Sector A can all take a hike.