BU2B is now my least favorite track.

D3strukt

Despite the new acoustic opening, it's just not cutting it anymore. To me, it gets boring real fast. All it has going for it is "heavy, heavy, heavy." That's it. It's simple.

Just had to get that off my chest. So glad they cut it from the tour this time.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 11 2012, 12:37 AM)
Despite the new acoustic opening, it's just not cutting it anymore. To me, it gets boring real fast. All it has going for it is "heavy, heavy, heavy." That's it. It's simple.

trink39.gif

Not only that, but Ged's melodies are boring and I find the sarcasm throughout the entire song very off putting. I still do enjoy the bridge.

But yes, this is one of the 3 terrible songs on CA and I'm glad they're not playing it.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 11 2012, 01:57 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 11 2012, 08:30 PM)
Totally disagree. It's got that GUP vibe guitar and keys. That song just does it for me.

Aye, it's a great track throughout that never seems to tire for me confused13.gif I'd be pissed off not to see it live.

I didn't like the song until I heard it in the context of the album and realized it probably wasn't what I thought it was about. It's a pretty ass-kicking song overflowing with attitude. One of the best songs on the album. The one that's easily my least favorite is BU2B2 - that one should have been jettisoned off the album.

• Like 1

QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 11 2012, 03:57 AM)
Totally disagree. It's got that GUP vibe guitar and keys. That song just does it for me.

Aye, it's a great track throughout that never seems to tire for me confused13.gif I'd be pissed off not to see it live.

one of the best rush tracks ever

the earthshine of CA

for me, almost in a totally different class to the rest of the album, only caravan, the title track and the garden come close

... and the sarcasm is brilliantly surreal

Edited by lifeson90

QUOTE (lifeson90 @ Sep 11 2012, 07:03 AM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 11 2012, 03:57 AM)

one of the best rush tracks ever

the earthshine of CA

for me, almost in a totally different class to the rest of the album, only caravan, the title track and the garden come close

... and the sarcasm is brilliantly surreal

goodpost.gif

Pretty much sums it up perfectly. Lyrically, it may be my favorite Rush song ever. And the Bridge is one of the best moments musically in Rush's career

I think BU2B is one of the better songs from an entirely excellent album. Its strange this is the one song (besides BU2B) they are leaving off the tour, since it is a single. Maybe because they played it on Time Machine, they figured they could pare down the CA portion a bit and get away with losing it. I'd rather they drop Halo Effect, but I can't complain. Can't wait for the STL show on 9/22!

Agree with dropping Halo Effect, or especially Wish them Well for BU2B. Of all the set list controversies, that's the one I'm most disappointed in since it's my favorite song. I'd love them to drop Th Wreckers for it since I despise that song, but I know that won't happen being that I am in the minority on my opinion for that song

I love the heaviness of this song. When it first came out, I felt that Caravan was the stronger of the two tracks, but now I give the edge to BU2B. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 11 2012, 04:12 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 11 2012, 12:37 AM)

trink39.gif

Not only that, but Ged's melodies are boring and I find the sarcasm throughout the entire song very off putting. I still do enjoy the bridge.

But yes, this is one of the 3 terrible songs on CA and I'm glad they're not playing it.

Its funny, I used to hate the song but hearing it in the context of the complete album I grew to like it. I can't say I don't understand the sentiment.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 11 2012, 05:51 AM)
QUOTE (Steevo @ Sep 11 2012, 01:57 AM)

I didn't like the song until I heard it in the context of the album and realized it probably wasn't what I thought it was about. It's a pretty ass-kicking song overflowing with attitude. One of the best songs on the album.

Like you, I didn't care for it until I got the album version in context. Much better! Not my fav track, but it's up there!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Sep 11 2012, 03:30 AM)

Same here. Great song. Probably my favorite off the album.