I am a weak-willed so-and-so

The Mighty Dudad

I swore...SWORE...that since I had tickets for the Chicago show, a mere 8 days after the Manchester opener, that I would stay spoiler free and experience the show on 9/15 with virgin ears and eyes.

That lasted until about 8:30 PM Friday night when I inexplicably and uncontrollably found myself drawn to TRF and the inevitable "live as it happens" update thread.

"Ok," I told myself, "you f'd that one up and now you know the set list. Ok, but at least you still don't know what the show will look like...the stage setup, the lighting rig, etc. At least that will still be something new for you on the 15th!"

And it would have been too...if I hadn't actively sought out all of the various uploaded pictures on Saturday...

So then I tell myself, "Knowing the set list? ok. Having an idea of the visuals? ok. But at least you don't know what it really looks, sounds, and feels like. A list of songs titles and bunch of pictures can't spoil that part for you!"

... eh.gif ...just finished checking out all of the YouTube uploads from Manchester...

b_sigh.gif

So now I am as "spoiled" as one can be. But you know what?? Chicago is still going to f'ing ROCK!

2.gif 653.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Sep 10 2012, 05:20 PM)
I didn't even bother to pretend.

laugh.gif

I was on the board all opening night.

1287.gif

laugh.gif

Yep, happened to me too! Even after I wanted to be surprised going in...I just couldn't resist!! Stayed up most of the night to view everything....

For me 2.gif is like a drug, and I'm addicted! Is it Thursday yet??????

1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

I still don't understand the concept of being "spoiled" in this way. Knowing the ending of a movie before you've seen it? Sure. But knowing what songs will be played and what the stage production is like? I don't get it. I don't go to a show for the excitement of discovering what they're gonna do, I go to watch and listen to them play, experience the music live with a bunch of other fans, etc. so knowing about the show ahead of time doesn't ruin that enjoyment for me. The experience is enough, I guess. I understand people wanting to preserve the surprise of finding out what song is next only as they start playing it, but I just never saw that as a big deal.

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Sep 10 2012, 11:51 AM)
I swore...SWORE...that since I had tickets for the Chicago show, a mere 8 days after the Manchester opener, that I would stay spoiler free and experience the show on 9/15 with virgin ears and eyes.

That lasted until about 8:30 PM Friday night when I inexplicably and uncontrollably found myself drawn to TRF and the inevitable "live as it happens" update thread. 

"Ok," I told myself, "you f'd that one up and now you know the set list. Ok, but at least you still don't know what the show will look like...the stage setup, the lighting rig, etc. At least that will still be something new for you on the 15th!"

And it would have been too...if I hadn't actively sought out all of the various uploaded pictures on Saturday...

So then I tell myself, "Knowing the set list? ok. Having an idea of the visuals? ok. But at least you don't know what it really looks, sounds, and feels like. A list of songs titles and bunch of pictures can't spoil that part for you!"

... eh.gif ...just finished checking out all of the YouTube uploads from Manchester...

b_sigh.gif

So now I am as "spoiled" as one can be. But you know what?? Chicago is still going to f'ing ROCK!

2.gif  653.gif  2.gif

hug2.gif somebody needs a hug hug2.gif

biggrin.gif

I prefer to know the set to enjoy a show so looking at the A and B sets are a must. However, when I saw the set, I was concerned how Ged would handle the vocals for territories so I checked youtube. Then I saw link for the joke so I looked at that because Alex only told it because of technical difficulties. Finally I saw Neil with the cannon and I feel that I've seen far too much. I'm fighting the temptation to watch Wish Them Well for the Lerxst rant. I can hold off....only another 5 weeks or so to go..... Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Sep 10 2012, 02:51 PM)

b_sigh.gif

2.gif 653.gif 2.gif

The vids don't do Geddy justice bro...Alex is on another planet right now....ratified air...they've never played better. Neil is having more fun than EVER playing this stuff!!!

I'm looking foward to hearing your reaction. CA is absolutely their finest hour in a long time 1022.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (The Mighty Dudad @ Sep 10 2012, 03:51 PM)

b_sigh.gif

2.gif  653.gif  2.gif

And I wish that I could see it all again. All the highlights of that headlong flight. Funny how its all about perspective. Now I'm envious of everyone who gets to see the next show. laugh.gif

You're going to *love* it! And you'll still be blown away. YouTube doesn't do it justice. That's why I clipped video and then eventually just put the camera down entirely - so I could rock out! 1022.gif I was secretly happy when my battery died.

I'm the crazy chick singing along and knowing the words to all of the songs old and new. Screaming, whistling (quietly, I'm not a very good whistler), clapping, standing and rocking and singing and having the time of my life! I don't get around much anymore.

trink39.gif

2.gif 1022.gif