The Spirit of Radio.............Subdivisions

Time Stand Still..................Big Money

Presto.................................Force 10

Stick it Out..........................Grand Design

Working them Angels.........Body Electric/ Middletown Dreams

Leave that thing alone.......Territories

Faithless.............................Analog Kid

BU2B....................................Bravado/ The Pass

Freewill...............................Where's My Thing?-(Drum solo Part1)- WMT?

Marathon............................Far Cry

Subdivsions........................(N/A)

Intermission

Set 2:

Tom Sawyer.......................Caravan

Red Barchetta.....................Clockwork Angels

YYZ......................................The Anarchist

Limelight.............................Carnies/ Seven Cities of Gold

The Camera Eye.................The Wreckers

Witch Hunt..........................Headlong Flight (Drum Solo Part 2)- HF

Vital Signs..........................Alex's Solo- Halo Effect

Caravan..............................Wish Them Well

Drum Solo (Love for Sale).The Garden

O'Malley's Break................Manhattan Project/ Dreamline

Closer to the Heart............Electric Drum Solo (Part 3)

2112 Overture/Temples...Red Sector A

Far Cry..............................YYZ

(N/A).................................Working Man

Encore:

La Villa Strangiatto............Tom Sawyer

Working Man......................The Spirit of Radio/ 2112 Overture-Temples -Finale

Well there you have it. Vote your mind!

I went right down the line and it came out to be a tie 13 to 13!

bolt.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Bone Roller @ Sep 10 2012, 11:31 AM)
dudes, are you kidding me?

i went to the DC show last night. it was incredible. the mid 80s music and the CA songs were brilliant.

but Moving Pictures is one of the greatest albums of the 20th century!

I don't disagree with you that Moving Pictures is by far the bands biggest commercial success and a great album.

However, every song EXCEPT The Camera Eye has been played multiple times since '81.

Tom Sawyer - Every tour

Red Barchetta - almost every tour

YYZ - Every tour

Limelight - almost every tour

The Camera Eye - not since '83. not since '82 unabridged

Witch Hunt - '86 and then '07/'08

Vital Signs - several tours

Aside from The Camera Eye there wasn't anything on TMT from MP that most diehards had never seen.

On this tour there are several songs that even diehards have not never seen live or haven't seen in over 20 years.

CA is a great record but I am going with the TMT set list. secondly i have never been much of a fan with rock bands using strings live and what strings i have heard on youtube videos does not excite me that much

other than the CA songs i am pretty sure i have seen all the songs in the set list, i even caught the camera eye prior to the TMT. to me the older, the rarer, the better.

people who got into rush during or after the keyboard years probably fail to realize how divisive that transition was for many early fans and many fans flat out bailed. i stuck with them but the keys era discs and tours were my least favorite. not enough balls and not enough of alex ripping.

keyboard years = too much geddy.

not that crazy about the rest leading up to vapor trails either.

the first set is a puzzle to me, i guess if you want to make your new material sound good, you play some of your weakest material right before it..... tongue.gif cool10.gif

edit- i think that the set list for the snakes and arrows tour was vastly superior to either the CA or TMT tour.

Edited by tangy

I would of went TMT , Because of Camera eye and La Villa and more of the 70s early 80s material ... And i have to say I was skepitcal how the CA material would come off , But after seeing the strings w/CA material also the lights and stage setup on youtube i'm blown away . Plus like others i haven't seen alot of these deep 80s cuts sense GuP tour so i went with CA tour ... Edited by The Vigilante

CA for sure. I loved TMT.

But..

Analog Kid, Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams, Where's My Thing, Manhattan Project, the BODY ELECTRIC?! Territories?! It's like the greatest thing to happen to the world... wink.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 10 2012, 11:52 AM)
QUOTE (Bone Roller @ Sep 10 2012, 11:31 AM)
dudes, are you kidding me?

i went to the DC show last night.  it was incredible.  the mid 80s music and the CA songs were brilliant.

but Moving Pictures is one of the greatest albums of the 20th century!

I don't disagree with you that Moving Pictures is by far the bands biggest commercial success and a great album.

However, every song EXCEPT The Camera Eye has been played multiple times since '81.

Tom Sawyer - Every tour

Red Barchetta - almost every tour

YYZ - Every tour

Limelight - almost every tour

The Camera Eye - not since '83. not since '82 unabridged

Witch Hunt - '86 and then '07/'08

Vital Signs - several tours

Aside from The Camera Eye there wasn't anything on TMT from MP that most diehards had never seen.

On this tour there are several songs that even diehards have not never seen live or haven't seen in over 20 years.

I agree. Seen most of those songs way too many times. And over half of the first set were songs I'm not crazy about.

But the light show incredible!!!! The best I've seen at a 2.gif show. I hope this tour matches or beats it....But from what I've seen, I'm not sure it will.

QUOTE (tangy @ Sep 10 2012, 11:12 AM)
CA is a great record but I am going with the TMT set list. secondly i have never been much of a fan with rock bands using strings live and what strings i have heard on youtube videos does not excite me that much

other than the CA songs i am pretty sure i have seen all the songs in the set list, i even caught the camera eye prior to the TMT. to me the older, the rarer, the better.

people who got into rush during or after the keyboard years probably fail to realize how divisive that transition was for many early fans and many fans flat out bailed. i stuck with them but the keys era discs and tours were my least favorite. not enough balls and not enough of alex ripping.

keyboard years = too much geddy. 

not that crazy about the rest leading up to vapor trails either.

the first set is a puzzle to me, i guess if you want to make your new material sound good, you play some of your weakest material right before it.....  tongue.gif  cool10.gif

edit- i think that the set list for the snakes and arrows tour was vastly superior to either the CA or TMT tour.

I liked TMT a little better than SA but otherwise you hit it on the head for me. I would also add the qualifier that I don't mind too much Geddy as long it's Geddy playing bass out front with Alex, not hiding behind a bank of keys.

This tour is like a return to mid-80's tours which were only interesting due to songs like TS, TSOR, YYZ, 2112 etc., except now I've seen all those songs many more times and they're not so interesting as they once were. So it's up to the CA songs to make this tour worthwhile for me. I hope they can.

Set 1 of this tour, especially the first part, is just one cringe-worthy moment after another for me.

Even though I haven't seen CA yet, I'll for for CA... by a hair.

Time Machine set was awesome, I loved most of the first set and of course MP was kick butt... wub.gif

... but I think with most of CA being played and some deep 80s cut (most of which I like) and Bravado, I will like this tour better.

smile.gif

I went with the CA tour.....have not seen it, Don't know if I will. But I just love that they went full out synth period for set 1. And not a big fan of CA, but I have been dying to hear these songs live...so set 2 is a-ok. The TM tour....Cool that they played MP live, but the Mid-point of set 1 just drags. I know someone else here had the same view. But I just thought Set 1 started with a bang....then flatline. I could really do with never hearing 2112 or Working Man ever again. Yes i know they alternate 2112 on the CA tour.

sum it up....CA gets the nod.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

For those who don't recall the 2010 setlist, here it be:

SET 1

THE SPIRIT OF RADIO

TIME STAND STILL

PRESTO

STICK IT OUT

WORKIN' THEM ANGELS

LEAVE THAT THING ALONE

FAITHLESS