Just got home from the Bristow, VA show

ALifeson85

Well, I for one, had NO clue that Rush has 2 setlists they are alternating every night. So I went in expecting the exact same show as Manchester...but NOPE! And I was PLEASED! yes.gif Here's tonight's set...

*SPOILERS BELOW!!*

Subdivisions

The Big Money

Force 10

Grand Designs

Middletown Dreams (replaced The Body Electric)

Territories

Analog Kid

The Pass (replaced Bravado)

Where's My Thing? (w/ drum solo)

Far Cry

-intermission-

Caravan

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Seven Cities of Gold (replaced Carnies)

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

Halo Effect

Wish Them Well

The Garden

Dreamline (replaced Manhattan Project - although, I actually would have preferred MP)

Red Sector A

YYZ

Working Man

-encore-

Tom Sawyer

2112 Overture / Temples / Grand Finale (replaced The Spirit of Radio)

AMAZING show, imo! 1022.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 10 2012, 12:34 AM)
You didn't see the changes yesterday? unsure.gif

No i didn't ph34r.gif But hey, that may have been for the best, since the song switch-up really suprised me tonight. It was great! yes.gif

SPOILERS:

I haven't posted here in some time but tonight's show got me to come back and check the reactions. As expected there's a bunch of boo hooing that they didn't play what YOU wanted. I couldn't be more stoked personally. When the words Grand Designs came out of Ged's mouth my jaw dropped and then right into Middletown Dreams!? It was godly. Not to mention Alex ripped one of the best solos of his career in The Analog Kid tonight. Was anyone else scraping their face up off the floor after that? The new material is great live as well especially The Wreckers and The Garden. Some near moments during those two for sure.

Aside from that stuff, it was my 8 year old son's first concert and he says to me during the first set "Dad, this is the best thing we've ever done."

The boys are still rocking it and keeping it fresh. Be thankful. I am every tour.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Sep 10 2012, 12:35 AM)
QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 10 2012, 12:34 AM)
You didn't see the changes yesterday? unsure.gif

No i didn't ph34r.gif But hey, that may have been for the best, since the song switch-up really suprised me tonight. It was great! yes.gif

Awesome! See, I wanted to go in to my first show blind, but I couldn't resist watching the setlist being updated live biggrin.gif

If I hadn't known MD was going to be played, I probably would have pissed my pants out of sheer excitement at the venue when the song started

That is SO cool that your son said it was the BEST thing you've ever done. Congrats, hugs, etc...

: )

QUOTE (BigBob @ Sep 10 2012, 01:47 AM)
The Neil Armstrong Tribute was awesome!

spoilers ---

agreed. that was a fantastic touch. since they had mixed in a few new songs at that point, i started to think that Countdown was going to be coming up. but alas, the caravan kept rolling.

i was excited to see Body Electric but good lord, when they busted out 2112 at the end, the place went mental -- me included.

the new stuff was just absolutely brilliant. it already deserves to be included among the classics -- it sounded that good.

the strings? meh.

can't wait to see them again.

One thing that struck me about the show, was the FUN the band had, having fun with us. When I saw the video of Neil coming out from behind the kit and shooting T shirts--uh Neil, chill out bro, looks like you're having too much fun rofl3.gif How cool is that?

Can anyone remember when Neil came from behind the kit to engage the audience???

I've always wanted to be at a 2.gif concert with 2112 Grand Finale as the ending. It's the perfect 2.gif ending - a blaring crecendo of ominous music ending with..."We have assumed control....we have assumed control....we have assumed control.... PERFECT! That - 7CoG and Dreamline make this 'meh about the 80s stuff' fan a little more excited to go. Really hoping setlist B makes it to St. Louis.

I agree. I like setlist B better. There may be more changes as it looks like they have a lot of songs prepared to go. I think they are frustrated at everyone knowing the setlist well ahead of each show, so they want to be able to have some surprises. I wouldn't count on it being totally structured every other show either. I think it will be more unpredictable when they'll play various songs

I really hope by the time they get to California BU2B is in and we get 2112 as the finale

Since Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams, and Analog Kid have been on my bucket list forever, that made the switch-up even better for me yes.gif

Although - I STILL would have liked to have seen Manhattan Project...but, I'm seeing them again in December, so maybe THEN smile.gif

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Sep 9 2012, 11:33 PM)
Well, I for one, had NO clue that Rush has 2 setlists they are alternating every night. So I went in expecting the exact same show as Manchester...but NOPE! And I was PLEASED! yes.gif Here's tonight's set...

*SPOILERS BELOW!!*

Subdivisions
The Big Money
Force 10
Grand Designs
Middletown Dreams (replaced The Body Electric)
Territories
Analog Kid
The Pass (replaced Bravado)
Where's My Thing? (w/ drum solo)
Far Cry

-intermission-

Caravan
Clockwork Angels
The Anarchist
Seven Cities of Gold (replaced Carnies)
The Wreckers
Headlong Flight
Halo Effect
Wish Them Well
The Garden
Dreamline (replaced Manhattan Project - although, I actually would have preferred MP)
Red Sector A
YYZ
Working Man

-encore-

Tom Sawyer
2112 Overture / Temples / Grand Finale (replaced The Spirit of Radio)

AMAZING show, imo! 1022.gif

Dreamline instead of Manhattan Project? Wow...too bad..

QUOTE (bmorechowder @ Sep 10 2012, 12:48 AM)
SPOILERS:

I haven't posted here in some time but tonight's show got me to come back and check the reactions. As expected there's a bunch of boo hooing that they didn't play what YOU wanted. I couldn't be more stoked personally. When the words Grand Designs came out of Ged's mouth my jaw dropped and then right into Middletown Dreams!? It was godly. Not to mention Alex ripped one of the best solos of his career in The Analog Kid tonight. Was anyone else scraping their face up off the floor after that? The new material is great live as well especially The Wreckers and The Garden. Some near moments during those two for sure.

Aside from that stuff, it was my 8 year old son's first concert and he says to me during the first set "Dad, this is the best thing we've ever done."

The boys are still rocking it and keeping it fresh. Be thankful. I am every tour.

I was at the Manchester show and I like Setlist B better but Manhattan Project was really good. I would have loved Middletown Dreams. That's my favourite song on PW.

I'm glad they are mixing it up. I might try to catch another show and hope for setlist B so I can have seen both smile.gif

Grand Designs was great.

I like the set lists.

I really enjoyed the show. Was curious about the strings going in, but actually thought it was a nice touch. They didn't overpower things and just kinda made things a little different. Absolutely loved The Analog Kid--always been one of my favorites, and can't go wrong with Middletown Dreams. Also really like The Pass. Don't think I had ever seen that one played live before, and not sure last time they played it (if ever)

Loved the CA stuff, especially The Anarchist and The Garden. Both more than lived up to my hopes. A buddy of mine has loved them since high school but had never seen them. He said that it was the best encore he's ever seen at any concert.

The show was good! Mixing up the set is good for the fans and them,keeps them freash I guess. They cant play every song ,so I was happy with they did. 1022.gif