Why many fans love the setlist

FountainOfSyrinx

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (goose @ Sep 9 2012, 09:17 PM)
I was planning on skipping the tour, to be honest. But these songs may get me on a plane to Seattle...

1022.gif

i'll buy your ticket, plane AND show cool.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 9 2012, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 9 2012, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 08:10 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 9 2012, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 9 2012, 09:03 PM)
I love it because it was so totally unexpected and takes a TON of balls to pull it off.

17 songs that have either never been played or havent been played in 19 years takes some chutzpah!

f***ing fantastic!

i am spazmaztic from twitter.. your tweets were the lifeline for like five of us at our high school football game.. laugh.gif

Lifeline for my Friday night too haha! My uncle in Dallas and I were texting the whole time... again, prejaculating everywhere. Can't wait for the shows!

Are you going to any shows in Texas? If so, i'll hold up a sign that says "YUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." and you'll know where the fanboy is located.

All 3!! I moved back here to San Antonio in April. Can't freakin wait! I'll look for the sign haha biggrin.gif trink38.gif

HELL YEAH.

Hahahahaha i hope i don't forget!

I have to miss out on Houston cause it's impossible with my school schedule.. but i'll be in SA biggrin.gif and DFW of course

Houston will be the only one I would miss. I haven't missed a Dallas show with my uncle since R30, and I couldn't be at my house less than 5 miles from the venue in SA and not go laugh.gif Damn I can't wait!

Stepbrothers quote:

Did we just become bestfriends?!

biggrin.gif

Do you wanna go do karate in the garage?

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 9 2012, 09:24 PM)
I love it because it was so totally unexpected and takes a TON of balls to pull it off.

17 songs that have either never been played or havent been played in 19 years takes some chutzpah!

f***ing fantastic!

i am spazmaztic from twitter.. your tweets were the lifeline for like five of us at our high school football game.. laugh.gif

Lifeline for my Friday night too haha! My uncle in Dallas and I were texting the whole time... again, prejaculating everywhere. Can't wait for the shows!

Are you going to any shows in Texas? If so, i'll hold up a sign that says "YUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." and you'll know where the fanboy is located.

All 3!! I moved back here to San Antonio in April. Can't freakin wait! I'll look for the sign haha biggrin.gif trink38.gif

HELL YEAH.

I have to miss out on Houston cause it's impossible with my school schedule.. but i'll be in SA biggrin.gif and DFW of course

Houston will be the only one I would miss. I haven't missed a Dallas show with my uncle since R30, and I couldn't be at my house less than 5 miles from the venue in SA and not go laugh.gif Damn I can't wait!

Stepbrothers quote:

biggrin.gif

Hell yeah, after we almost die making bunk beds and playing with NV goggles. laugh.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 08:26 PM)

f***ing fantastic!

HELL YEAH.

Stepbrothers quote:

biggrin.gif

Hell yeah, after we almost die making bunk beds and playing with NV goggles. laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Just keep your nuts off my drum set!

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 9 2012, 09:26 PM)

f***ing fantastic!

HELL YEAH.

Stepbrothers quote:

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

but it's shark week!!

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 08:27 PM)

f***ing fantastic!

HELL YEAH.

Stepbrothers quote:

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

but it's shark week!!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 9 2012, 09:29 PM)

f***ing fantastic!

HELL YEAH.

Stepbrothers quote:

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

but it's shark week!!

trink39.gif

on the real, i will be the extremely handsome, tall high school golfer. probably with a lady. and a sign that says "YUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

look for me. laugh.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 08:31 PM)

f***ing fantastic!

HELL YEAH.

Stepbrothers quote:

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

but it's shark week!!

trink39.gif

on the real, i will be the extremely handsome, tall high school golfer. probably with a lady. and a sign that says "YUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH."

look for me. laugh.gif

I'll be the tall, skinny 23-year-old presumably with a 40-year-old man laugh.gif

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 9 2012, 09:34 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 08:31 PM)

f***ing fantastic!

HELL YEAH.

Stepbrothers quote:

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

but it's shark week!!

trink39.gif

look for me. laugh.gif

I'll be the tall, skinny 23-year-old presumably with a 40-year-old man laugh.gif

hahahaha gonna be the biggest bro moment at a rush show ever biggrin.gif

I f***ing love the setlist, especially A. The 70's stuff is awesome and all but its great that the 80's are being represented well. Plus we're getting most of CA. 1022.gif

I give them a lot of credit for making a setlist that's so controversial, but the controversial nature of it isn't why I like it so much. Its the songs themselves. Power Windows is phenomenal and I can't wait to hear half the album live.

The only complaints I have (sorry, I know this is a positive thread) is the lack of Losing It and the inclusion of Where's My Thing?. But the rest of the songs more than make up for it. I can't wait for my show and the bootlegs.

2.gif

Anybody think that maybe this leg of the tour will be CA plus a lot of the 80s, and maybe next year the second leg will be CA plus a lot of the 90s?

Maybe next year we get a ton of stuff off Roll the Bones, Counterparts, Test for Echo, and Vapor Trails along with the CA songs.

Who knows. As we learned in the documentary video, the band will do what it wants to do.

2.gif

I've said it many times before and I'll say it again

I f*cking LOVE the setlist. I was hoping they'd bust out Kid Gloves, The Weapon, Emotion Detector or The Enemy Within, but I am thoroughly happy with their synth-era choices. The Analog Kid, Territories, Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams wub.gif wub.gif

Edited by SchemingDemon

QUOTE (SchemingDemon @ Sep 9 2012, 10:19 PM)
I've said it many times before and I'll say it again

I f*cking LOVE the setlist. I was hoping they'd bust out Kid Gloves, The Weapon, Emotion Detector or The Enemy Within, but I am thoroughly happy with their synth-era choices. The Analog Kid, Territories, Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams wub.gif wub.gif

There's a chance we see 2 or 3 of those songs you wanted in a some point.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 9 2012, 10:20 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 9 2012, 10:14 PM)
"I like the setlist because it is unexpected."

wtf.gif

NO negativity!!!

Not negativity, just confusion.

hug2.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 10:27 PM)

wtf.gif

NO negativity!!!

hug2.gif

"Someone slashed my tires? How unexpected! This is great!"

"My girlfriend just dumped me completely out of the blue? Awesome!"

I don't get the mindset.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 9 2012, 10:48 PM)

wtf.gif

NO negativity!!!

hug2.gif

I don't get the mindset.

we're trying to maintain a constructive environment. wink.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 10:54 PM)
QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Sep 9 2012, 10:48 PM)

wtf.gif

NO negativity!!!

hug2.gif

I don't get the mindset.

we're trying to maintain a constructive environment. wink.gif

Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs!