Why So many are pissed and/or saying WTF

LotusLand

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 9 2012, 09:17 PM)
and Red Sector A, Dreamline, The Pass, Big Money, Force 10, Bravado are not lazy, Manhattan Project? yeah right...and I do like all of these songs very much.

Limelight is very easy.. as is Tom Sawyer.. even Red Barchetta isn't that difficult to play.

QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 9 2012, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 9 2012, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 9 2012, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Sep 9 2012, 08:20 PM)
BUTTHURT. DONT GO TO THE SHOW THEN

Obviously you can't read.

He can spell pretty well so I wouldn't doubt his ability to read. Probably just chose not too tongue.gif

Obviously you people are pleasuring yourselfs and cannot read the entire text. It is not the setlist or the songs per say....It is what could have been and how lazy choices some of these selections are.

I just chose not to read any of the text because I don't care about your opinion. oops.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 9 2012, 09:58 PM)

This is a lazy setlist.  Period.

That is one of the most disrespectful comments I have read regarding this tour.

Let me break this down for you.

There are 17 songs being played this tour that have either NEVER been played live (the CA material) or haven't been played in at least 19 years.

THAT is not lazy.

THAT takes balls.

To learn 17 songs for a tour is a hell of a lot of effort.

Lazy would have been

Freewill - again

La Villa - again

Red Barchetta - again

The Trees - again

Between The Wheels - again

Distant Early Warning - again

... and the list goes on.

The boys totally flipped the setlist this time around.

They could have taken the easy way out and been lazy.. regurgitating the same material again.. .but no. They worked their asses off for US.

You don't like the setlist.

Thats a shame.

They worked very hard on it for us.

yes.gif

+1

2.gif

QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 9 2012, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 9 2012, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (Mr. IsNot @ Sep 9 2012, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 9 2012, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Sep 9 2012, 08:20 PM)
BUTTHURT. DONT GO TO THE SHOW THEN

Obviously you can't read.

He can spell pretty well so I wouldn't doubt his ability to read. Probably just chose not too tongue.gif

Obviously you people are pleasuring yourselfs and cannot read the entire text. It is not the setlist or the songs per say....It is what could have been and how lazy choices some of these selections are.

I just chose not to read any of the text because I don't care about your opinion. oops.gif

So why did you respond to me? Go back to your mother's basement

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 09:18 PM)
and Red Sector A, Dreamline, The Pass, Big Money, Force 10, Bravado are not lazy, Manhattan Project?  yeah right...and I do like all of these songs very much.

Limelight is very easy.. as is Tom Sawyer.. even Red Barchetta isn't that difficult to play.

I agree.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 9 2012, 08:58 PM)

There are 17 songs being played this tour that have either NEVER been played live (the CA material) or haven't been played in at least 19 years.

THAT is not lazy.

THAT takes balls.

Lazy would have been

Freewill - again

La Villa - again

Red Barchetta - again

The Trees - again

They could have taken the easy way out and been lazy.. regurgitating the same material again.. .but no. They worked their asses off for US.

Thats a shame.

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (substancewithoutstyle @ Sep 9 2012, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (Animate @ Sep 9 2012, 09:20 PM)
soooo..... what is the chance that LotusLand is actually GeminiRising?

yes.gif

no.gif

Gemini isn't this angry and bitter!

tongue.gif

he is angriER and.... bittiER.. laugh.gif

more bitter... biggrin.gif

Before all of the Rush fans get stupid and everything, let me explain. I have been to nearly 60 shows, and I will be at 3-4 more this year as well. I am the fan that likes it all they have produced......I am the guy who takes several days of vacation and sees 5-6 shows a tour. I am the guy who loves everyting about Rush and ALL periods.

This is a lazy setlist. Period. It is not that they are not good songs, IT IS WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN. The greatest band of all time brings in strings, and jumps the shark in my opinion, and does not play Losing It? Whether you like the song or not, it is set up on a tee for a home run.

Red Sector A, Bravado, Big Money, Force 10, I'm sorry these are has been songs that have been played soooooo many times. Quite frankly, there are not very difficult to play as well. That is why I say a lazy setlist. This is a setlist that has no courage. Playing songs they have sooo many times in the past that are easy to play. We have not even mentioned that Territories and Manhatten Project have been played NUMEOUS times. I'm sorry, Territories is just a bad concert song. Now throw in Dreamline and The Pass? All we are missing is Roll The Bones again. Come on Rush.....Lazy. Again, it is not that there are not great songs. I know, they have to the right to play what they want. I know, don't go if you don't like it.....I have heard it all. I will be there. They really missed this one. They could have had this setlist by the balls.

What could have been is why you have so many people pissed. I am not even counting the old staples.

So much to pick from, so many songs that could have been "in your face" and we get, Big Money, Force 10, Bravado, Red Sector A, and a few other has beens.
NO COURAGE IN THESE SELECTIONS.

Clockwork Angels is a terrific effort. If it was in 1982, we would've have been talking about it like Moving Pictures. Halo effect and The Garden are not concert songs for a band like Rush.

This setlist just dissapoints in so many ways. Not the quality of the song, but what could've been. Yes, I will be there. Yes, I have spent 1,500 on tickets for 3 shows already.

ps Grand Designs is very good in concert. Analog Kid has tons of energy.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 9 2012, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 9 2012, 08:17 PM)

So much to pick from, so many songs that could have been "in your face" and we get, Big Money, Force 10, Bravado, Red Sector A, and a few other has beens.

and lets not forget the in your face rocker, the body electric. sarcasm.gif

Does everything need to be a "in your face rocker"?

As to the OP's statement, I think the only people complaining about the setlist are 70's fans and maybe those who want to hear the classics. Both sides I can understand, especially when people really wanted to hear Jacob's Ladder and Losing It. While I've never understand the appeal of Jacob's Ladder to such a degree, I know it's one of (if not, the number one) most requested song for Rush to play today. I guess the band just don't feel comfortable playing it. Maybe the case still stands that it isn't translating well live in today's setting.

My biggest beef though is that many people who have whined and complained that Geddy's voice sucks or it's shot are also the same one's who happen to complain there isn't enough 70's, higher pitched material. I don't get that. You can't have both ways. Geddy's voice doesn't have that range anymore without causing damage and harm to him.

Also, I've read that people who want Natural Science to be played again or La Villa. While both are excellent and I would love to see them, both have been played live fairly frequently in this modern era. The Analog Kid, Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams, The Body Electric, Where's My Thing, Territories, etc. haven't been played in almost 20 years or more. Let other fans have their moment.

As to my personal opinions of the setlist, it's not my perfect setlist whatsoever, and there would be changes I'd like to have for sure, but I'm not gonna whine and call the list "lazy" or as other's have put it, 'poor', etc. Rush chose these songs for a reason and I give them credit to have the confidence to choose so many songs that may be obscure or been in the vault for so long. You might not like the list and there's nothing wrong with voicing your opinions in a respectful way (wishing they played songs that were in line with your tastes), but don't be rude to call it "lazy" just because you don't agree with it. You're not up there performing all of these songs every other night, or have spent weeks upon weeks in preparation for this tour. It might be DISAPPOINTING for you, but it's NOT lazy.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 9 2012, 08:58 PM)

THAT is not lazy.

THAT takes balls.

Lazy would have been

Freewill - again

La Villa - again

Red Barchetta - again

The Trees - again

Thats a shame.

I didn't see your post, but you're spot on. Well said! goodpost.gif

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Sep 9 2012, 10:35 PM)

Also, I've read that people who want Natural Science to be played again or La Villa. While both are excellent and I would love to see them, both have been played live fairly frequently in this modern era. The Analog Kid, Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams, The Body Electric, Where's My Thing, Territories, etc. haven't been played in almost 20 years or more. Let other fans have their moment.

I can agree with this. Force 10, Bravado, Dreamline and a couple others dont fit into this idea (IMO).

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Sep 9 2012, 09:35 PM)

no but there are so many better choices out there. kid gloves and the enemy within would have been a ton better. the body electric is a weak track.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 9 2012, 09:41 PM)

no but there are so many better choices out there. kid gloves and the enemy within would have been a ton better. the body electric is a weak track.

i would have even thrown red lenses in there.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 9 2012, 10:42 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 9 2012, 09:41 PM)

i would have even thrown red lenses in there.

goodpost.gif

To the OP, there is a very good reason that they haven't played Losing It, ever, in concert. The song is a turd. It is fecal matter. It was expelled out of the sphincter of a bloated, diseased, colon of bad Rush songs that include Tai Shan and Speed of Love.

Even though they are using strings, that would not save any jury of convicting Rush of crimes against humanity if they played it. Remember, a polished turd is still a turd.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Sep 9 2012, 10:01 PM)
To the OP, there is a very good reason that they haven't played Losing It, ever, in concert. The song is a turd. It is fecal matter. It was expelled out of the sphincter of a bloated, diseased, colon of bad Rush songs that include Tai Shan and Speed of Love.

I have to agree. I love the album Signals, don't get me wrong, but I would be about as enthused about hearing Losing It live with strings as I would about hearing Speed of Love live with strings. Which is, very much not at all.

I know on paper it sounds like an obvious choice... and I'm sure even the guys in the band must have briefly considered it, and thought "err.... no."

Edited by Bangster of Goats