Why So many are pissed and/or saying WTF

LotusLand

Before all of the Rush fans get stupid and everything, let me explain. I have been to nearly 60 shows, and I will be at 3-4 more this year as well. I am the fan that likes it all they have produced......I am the guy who takes several days of vacation and sees 5-6 shows a tour. I am the guy who loves everyting about Rush and ALL periods.

This is a lazy setlist. Period. It is not that they are not good songs, IT IS WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN. The greatest band of all time brings in strings, and jumps the shark in my opinion, and does not play Losing It? Whether you like the song or not, it is set up on a tee for a home run.

Red Sector A, Bravado, Big Money, Force 10, I'm sorry these are has been songs that have been played soooooo many times. Quite frankly, there are not very difficult to play as well. That is why I say a lazy setlist. This is a setlist that has no courage. Playing songs they have sooo many times in the past that are easy to play. We have not even mentioned that Territories and Manhatten Project have been played NUMEOUS times. I'm sorry, Territories is just a bad concert song. Now throw in Dreamline and The Pass? All we are missing is Roll The Bones again. Come on Rush.....Lazy. Again, it is not that there are not great songs. I know, they have to the right to play what they want. I know, don't go if you don't like it.....I have heard it all. I will be there. They really missed this one. They could have had this setlist by the balls.

What could have been is why you have so many people pissed. I am not even counting the old staples.

So much to pick from, so many songs that could have been "in your face" and we get, Big Money, Force 10, Bravado, Red Sector A, and a few other has beens.

NO COURAGE IN THESE SELECTIONS.

Clockwork Angels is a terrific effort. If it was in 1982, we would've have been talking about it like Moving Pictures. Halo effect and The Garden are not concert songs for a band like Rush.

This setlist just dissapoints in so many ways. Not the quality of the song, but what could've been. Yes, I will be there. Yes, I have spent 1,500 on tickets for 3 shows already.

ps Grand Designs is very good in concert. Analog Kid has tons of energy.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 09:22 PM)
And BTW, very few are saying WTF.

Most of us are still walking around with the chubs we got on friday night.

I changed my pants since then. Did you? tongue.gif

I totally agree with the OP.

It is disappointing given the set up and no Losing It? No Jacob's Ladder?

No Different Strings?

Hell, I would go to see Rush play a concert playing bricks and sticks, but I am disappointed.

I am sure it will be very very enjoyable. But it's not what it could have been. sad.gif

Watch ticket sales. This tour will NOT be anywhere near Time Machine for ticket revenue generated.

Read my opinions losers.....I did not say the songs were bad, it is they really missed this.....Yes, even in Chicago, you can still be ANYTHING in the back sections of the UC. Last year it was full. We are 1 week away.

Guarantee I will be too more shows this tour than you.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 9 2012, 08:24 PM)

I changed my pants since then. Did you? tongue.gif

Still in shock ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 9 2012, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 9 2012, 08:17 PM)

So much to pick from, so many songs that could have been "in your face" and we get, Big Money, Force 10, Bravado, Red Sector A, and a few other has beens.

and lets not forget the in your face rocker, the body electric. sarcasm.gif

hahaha you are more of a troll than trollduck laugh.gif

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Sep 9 2012, 09:23 PM)

rofl3.gif goodpost.gif

Wrong. You are wrong. Many many fans are disappointed, that I know. It was set up to be a golden opportunity to play stuff that would have crushed all expectations.

Just weird what they went with.

Well, I for one would rather hear The Garden and Halo Effect then Losing It and would be totally bummed if neither were played (sorry, LosingIt2K!).

Judging by the videos, do you really feel they jumped the shark with the strings? Looks as though the strings are pretty subtle. I admit to have been pretty worried about just that before Friday- could have gone quite wrong.

Edited by Animate

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 08:27 PM)

that's my opinion dude. hey i like i think i'm going bald, tai shan, high water, and dog years. you must be a troll if you don't like all of those songs. sarcasm.gif

It is not the die hard fan that drives exceptional attendance. It is the fan who "likes" Rush and has a few albums/CD's

Now you can see a setlist anywhere on a website. The casual fan who "likes" Rush and has a few albums/CD's are not going to go to watch 8-9 from Clockwork Angels or these other selections. They are going to say....No thanks.

I have no problems with what they are choosing to play. I just say, what could have been.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 06:27 PM)

It's his opinion. Just because you disagree doesn't make him a troll.

QUOTE (vital signz @ Sep 9 2012, 09:30 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Sep 9 2012, 09:23 PM)

rofl3.gif goodpost.gif

Wrong. You are wrong. Many many fans are disappointed, that I know. It was set up to be a golden opportunity to play stuff that would have crushed all expectations.

Just weird what they went with.

According to this thread

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=77276

Only 16% dislike the setlist.

Thats an overwhelming majority that approve of it.

QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 9 2012, 08:31 PM)
It is not the die hard fan that drives exceptional attendance. It is the fan who "likes" Rush and has a few albums/CD's

Now you can see a setlist anywhere on a website. The casual fan who "likes" Rush and has a few albums/CD's are not going to go to watch 8-9 from Clockwork Angels or these other selections. They are going to say....No thanks.

I have no problems with what they are choosing to play. I just say, what could have been.

concentrate more on the setlist and less on the theatrics bs.

Before all of the Rush fans get stupid and everything, let me explain. I have been to nearly 60 shows, and I will be at 3-4 more this year as well. I am the fan that likes it all they have produced......I am the guy who takes several days of vacation and sees 5-6 shows a tour. I am the guy who loves everyting about Rush and ALL periods.

This is a lazy setlist. Period. It is not that they are not good songs, IT IS WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN. The greatest band of all time brings in strings, and jumps the shark in my opinion, and does not play Losing It? Whether you like the song or not, it is set up on a tee for a home run.

Red Sector A, Bravado, Big Money, Force 10, I'm sorry these are has been songs that have been played soooooo many times. Quite frankly, there are not very difficult to play as well. That is why I say a lazy setlist. This is a setlist that has no courage. Playing songs they have sooo many times in the past that are easy to play. We have not even mentioned that Territories and Manhatten Project have been played NUMEOUS times. I'm sorry, Territories is just a bad concert song. Now throw in Dreamline and The Pass? All we are missing is Roll The Bones again. Come on Rush.....Lazy. Again, it is not that there are not great songs. I know, they have to the right to play what they want. I know, don't go if you don't like it.....I have heard it all. I will be there. They really missed this one. They could have had this setlist by the balls.

What could have been is why you have so many people pissed. I am not even counting the old staples.

NO COURAGE IN THESE SELECTIONS.

Clockwork Angels is a terrific effort. If it was in 1982, we would've have been talking about it like Moving Pictures. Halo effect and The Garden are not concert songs for a band like Rush.

This setlist just dissapoints in so many ways. Not the quality of the song, but what could've been. Yes, I will be there. Yes, I have spent 1,500 on tickets for 3 shows already.

ps Grand Designs is very good in concert. Analog Kid has tons of energy.

What's funny about this is they dropped such staples as Freewill, Trees, Closer to the Heart, and a little known song called Limelight.

Give me a break.

Some people will really complain about anything.

I originally thought this was going to be a worthless bitchy thread, but then I realized it can serve a purpose. Let's have all the whiners just have a big circlejerk in this thread so the rest of us can enjoy the others.

Also, saying "guarantee I will be to more shows this tour than you" as a comment in a thread where you just slammed the setlist, no matter how you justify it, makes you sound like a pretentious dickhole who judges his fandom based on how many shows he can go to. It's the same concept as a religious person who just follows the "get into heaven" checklist. Your original post is nothing but you stroking your ego.

So, all you guys bitching about the set, come hang out here. You have found your leader.

Yes, all 200 of us on the blog make a difference on the 16% who do not like the e setlist.

Can't any of you read. It is not the songs or the setlist. It what could have been with the hype of the stupid strings, getting closer to the end of their careers, etc.etc. I did not even suggest what songs to add.

Yes, there are a lot saying WTF and the tour revenue will indicate that at the end.

This band should not have anymore musicians on stage other than 3 greatest musicians of all time.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 9 2012, 07:39 PM)
QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Sep 9 2012, 08:36 PM)
Let's have all the whiners just have a big circlejerk in this thread so the rest of us can enjoy the others.

that goes for the fanboi's also. laugh.gif

I'm happy stroking it while listening to some Power Windows. Works for me.