VIP Tickets

drgrendel

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, the Rolling Stones just announced 2 shows in Newark, NJ for Dec 13 & 15. Looks like 2 shows in London and the 2 at the Prudential Center are the end of the line for Mick, Keith, Charlie, and Ronnie. I did check just for the hell of it, Stones VIP tix are $750, with fees its like $815 each unsure.gif ...glad my favorite band is 2.gif !!

2.gif

I got the VIP Package for Philly.

Bought them the second they went on sale (noon).

Transaction was done my 12:01 PM.

Picked them up this past Friday night and nearly passed out when I saw:

Section 2, Row 1, Seats 11 thru 14.

Dead Center.

Front and Center.

Neil gave my wife his used drumsticks about 30 seconds into the encore (via his assistant / roadie?).

No swag yet.

Also bought VIP tickets for the Montreal show in 2 days.

Will let you know how that turns out when we get back.

2.gif

VIP Toronto (Day 1) completed purchase at 12:02.

3rd row in front of Alex so I was more than happy.

Some issues, VIP doesn't notify you until a few days before the show on what to do and the email said to look for the VIP "table". It was a window at the indoor ticket office and it was a mad rush running around trying to find it before the show. Long line but it moved fairly quickly, but it did take about 20 minutes so be prepared and get there early to pick up the tics if you want time to buy shirts, get beer, pee etc.

Still no swag.

Edited by Running Rebel

Saw the boys in Montreal last night. Maybe a combination of luck + getting my order in, but I was ecstatic to get first row for the first time in 30 shows!

It was like a religious experience. Great seats too, not right in the middle but rather right in front of Alex. We had such the awesome time...

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 19 2012, 08:44 PM)
Saw the boys in Montreal last night. Maybe a combination of luck + getting my order in, but I was ecstatic to get first row for the first time in 30 shows!

It was like a religious experience. Great seats too, not right in the middle but rather right in front of Alex. We had such the awesome time...

trink39.gif

I, on the other hand, put my order in on the day the VIP packages went public and got 15th row center. Not "first few rows" close, but I still felt like I was pretty close, and Alex was able to make eye contact at one point toward the end of the show when I was throwing the forks up and yelling "METAL!" at him at the start of TSOR. He got a laugh and pointed right at me. That made my night. I'm a fan from "the old days," but add me to the "those sourpusses don't know what they're talking about" camp as far as the song selection. I lost track of the "A" or "B" list situation, but whatever it was, it was good.

Bump. Any updates folks?

I know this is a very late post, but I had 14th row in Chicago (versus 4th in Indy per my earlier post). Chicago checkout was at 12:11 pm (Indy 4:30 pm). Understand row difference due to demand/venue location. No one likes BLF (Bankers Life Fieldhouse) in Indy?? Much smaller venue than United Center, but still....

I really think you guys are getting ripped off for the most part in the VIP program. I got 11th row tickets from Ticketmaster for the Seattle show a few days ago for normal face value the day before the show. I don't necessarily hate the program in general but I think the VIP program should tell you where you are sitting when you order the ticket and it should be somewhere in the first 5 rows. It just doesn't make any sense that the face value of a front row ticket is the same as a 40th row ticket or many times the back row of a lower level seat as well and the difference in perceived value there is what makes scalping so profitable for scalpers. If more grades of ticket prices existed, it would be better for everyone. Edited by Apollo

I saw 6 shows in the last 10 days. I had VIP tix for some of them. The best I got was 2nd row, right in front of Al. The worst I got was 9th row center, directly in front of Neil. Not a bad way to enjoy the concerts. VIP nation was great. The lines were never long. Everything was smooth, no issues. Will definitely go that route again next time. The only thing that disappointed me was I didn't know how to do the meet and greet. I assumed they weren't doing it. Then, in Vegas I met a bunch of people who got to do it. I definitely want to do it next time. I've been a lifelong fan. I'd love to meet them. I did go to the rockwalk induction. It was in a small room indoors and I was 3 feet away from the three of them, behind a rope. Unfortunately they quickly placed their hands in the cement and then left. There were no photo ops or meet and greets or anything. I took off work and stood outside all day thinking I would finally get a photo with them and shake their hands. Oh well. Maybe next time.

bought VIP for Detroit when they went on sale and ended up 8 th row section C, not great but not bad. The thing was there were lots ofpeople around us and much closer saying they just bought thier tickets before the show.

For Vegas I bought a VIP ticket a couple weeks after they went on sale and got 14 th row. The guy next to me said he ordered his as soon as they went on sale. Luckily there were only two people in the entire 12 row so we sat there after intermission. I met the same guy at the Phoenix show and he said he did not order those tickets right away, maybe 10 or 15 minutes later and he ended up with front row center.