VIP Tickets

drgrendel

I did the VIP option at the Pittsburgh show and was nervous as all hell entering the building to pick up my packet -- lo and behold we got front row center. I was shocked, but obviously very pleased.

As a reference - I bought my VIP tix within one minute of them going on sale, so I'm sure that was *the* factor in where we were seated.

Hope others have the same good fortune!

2.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (highwater @ Sep 12 2012, 09:44 AM)
I did the VIP option at the Pittsburgh show and was nervous as all hell entering the building to pick up my packet -- lo and behold we got front row center. I was shocked, but obviously very pleased.

As a reference - I bought my VIP tix within one minute of them going on sale, so I'm sure that was *the* factor in where we were seated.

2.gif

Good news indeed. I just bought San Diego as soon as they went on! Keep your fingers crossed for me please and thank you for the update.

biggrin.gif 2.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (highwater @ Sep 12 2012, 12:44 PM)

2.gif

Thanks for the info! I bought Chicago within the first minute and got the confirmation email at 1 minute past the sale our. Really hoping for front row as well. Taking my 15 year old to his third RUSH show and VIP will be a surprise.

2.gif

QUOTE (highwater @ Sep 12 2012, 01:44 PM)

2.gif

That's amazing. So much for all the trash talk on the forums that followed the VIP announcement.

QUOTE (highwater @ Sep 12 2012, 01:44 PM)

2.gif

That's amazing. So much for all the trash talk on the forums that followed the VIP announcement.

Agreed. I checked Stubhub a few days before the show. I saw NO tickets available for the first few rows for DC. Hopefully the VIP is a fair way to screw the scalpers!!!

Edited by apetersvt

QUOTE (billybobjoe1881 @ Sep 14 2012, 12:42 AM)
How much did you guys pay for V.I.P. packages?  I paid $110 for second bowl two sections over from the stage on the right.

So were you on Alex's side? I paid $325.00 each for both shows including tix and swag (Indy and Chicago), plus $50.00 each for the two red hoodie sweatshirts. Well worth it in my opinion!! (Yes, I'll eat ramen noodles for the rest of my life...it's okay!)

1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

trink39.gif

Edited by rushfanforever!

Could we have some more updates from those who purchased VIP? Please include: Seat location, and time you purchased VIP tickets.

It sounds like some people really scored well with VIP, but on the other hand I've heard about seat locations that are not impressive given the cost of the package. For example, in another thread someone wrote that they went VIP and got 9th row seats Alex's side in Mpls-- I attended the same show, buying a late ticket at face value also on Alex's side-- but in row 6. So VIP is not a slam dunk. I bet it depends on when someone purchased the VIP package.

I'm also reminded of the disclaimer on ads for most mutual funds: "Past performance is not a guarantee of future results." If a lot more people go for VIP for the second leg of the tour, it probably will be harder to land the seat in the first two rows. But of course I support any system that screws the brokers.

I purchased VIP tickets (2) for the Detroit show - completed the transaction within 20 seconds of going on sale (thank you, auto populate!) and ended up with 2nd row dead center. Others we spoke with in line were within first 3 rows and 6th - not sure how quickly they purchased though.

Personally, I took the lack of feedback after the shows as a good sign that folks were overall happy with the VIP. People are much more motivated to complain about a crappy experience than a good one... (see the 3 gazillion setlist rant/postings, as example).

Best of luck to everyone still waiting on their VIP!

Forgot to add... purchase finalized 4 minutes after the starting gun went off. I know... slow. But I wasn't sure if the time was logged when the transaction started (which I was counting on), or when it finished. I took my time, making sure all info was correct.

Anyway, absolutely no complaints!

2.gif

The whole point of not assigning the seats at purchase time is to not favor the people who are available to queue up at the instant the tickets go on sale. By definition, 1/15 of the people were going to be in row 1 and 1/15 were going to be in row 15.

I was 3rd row center, but I didn't buy tickets until several days after they went on sale. There was no advantage in buying the tickets at the opening gun.

QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Sep 30 2012, 06:42 PM)

The whole point of not assigning the seats at purchase time is to not favor the people who are available to queue up at the instant the tickets go on sale. By definition, 1/15 of the people were going to be in row 1 and 1/15 were going to be in row 15.

I was 3rd row center, but I didn't buy tickets until several days after they went on sale. There was no advantage in buying the tickets at the opening gun.

Exactly. It made no difference. I bought vip right away and got 9th row in mps. Waited a few weeks after the sale and ordered a pair for winnipeg and got 3rd row center.

That is mighty encouraging news for me, although I usually don't fare well in random lotteries. For KISS it was 1st 10 rows, I was in J (no row I there, so 9th?). It still seemed like we were only 4 or 5 rows away from the stage--extremely close. We could feel the heat from the pyro.

QUOTE (Steely Caress @ Sep 30 2012, 11:04 PM)
QUOTE (Slack jaw gaze @ Sep 30 2012, 06:42 PM)

Exactly. It made no difference. I bought vip right away and got 9th row in mps. Waited a few weeks after the sale and ordered a pair for winnipeg and got 3rd row center.

But the VIP Nation site specifically states, "Seating is based on date and time order is placed. First orders get seated closest." If they are following this policy, then it would matter when the order is placed.

It doesn't surprise me you got 3rd row at Winnipeg even through you purchased VIP weeks after the sale began. For some reason there were good seats available for that show-- maybe because it is a remote venue--4th and 5th row face value were available on the day of the show. But 9th row Minneapolis is a little surprising-- either a lot of people purchased VIP immediately, or the policy above wasn't followed.

I received my confirmation email from VIP Nation at 12:04:33 on tix that went on sale at noon. Philly show at Wells Fargo Center. Taking my 12 year old daughter to her second Rush concert. Her first concert ever was Time Machine Tour (raising her right). Her old man's first concert ever was 1984 Grace Under Pressure tour at the Philly Spectrum. The kid is a Rushhead. Based on what I'm reading here, I cannot wait. Unfortunately, you guys have really raised my expectations. I'm thinking 1st 3 rows now. I will report back on 10/13.

P.S. The 80's setlist rules! Middletown is my favorite Rush tune ever! If they keep the same cycle, I should get to see it! Nothin better!

QUOTE (Middletown @ Oct 3 2012, 08:04 PM)
I received my confirmation email from VIP Nation at 12:04:33 on tix that went on sale at noon. Philly show at Wells Fargo Center. Taking my 12 year old daughter to her second Rush concert. Her first concert ever was Time Machine Tour (raising her right). Her old man's first concert ever was 1984 Grace Under Pressure tour at the Philly Spectrum. The kid is a Rushhead. Based on what I'm reading here, I cannot wait. Unfortunately, you guys have really raised my expectations. I'm thinking 1st 3 rows now. I will report back on 10/13.

P.S. The 80's setlist rules! Middletown is my favorite Rush tune ever! If they keep the same cycle, I should get to see it! Nothin better!

Good luck with the VIP seats! Please let us know how next Friday turns out. I had 4th row in Indy (4:30 pm checkout) and 14th row in Chicago (12:05 pm checkout). Indy is a smaller venue (less demand?) than Chicago so I can understand the difference in my seats. Both shows were awesome! Thinking of adding Montreal and Newark to my list...

trink39.gif

1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif