drgrendel

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Nobody here went VIP

or

2. No one wants to admit to it.

Was just curious to see if the ticket locations were worth the gamble.

2.gif

Edited by drgrendel

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Sep 10 2012, 06:47 AM)
1. Nobody here went VIP

or

2. no one wants to admit to it.

Was just curious to see if the ticket locations were worth the gamble.

2.gif

I myself am waiting to find out. I am really uncomfortable with not knowing where my seats are. I bought tickets for one show about 1-2 minutes in and my second show 3-4 minutes in. I'm really anxious to see how this pans out for people. Personally, being the Geddycorn that I am, I am going to be majorly sore if I don't get up within the first 1-3 rows on Geddy's side for at least one of those nights. I'm a bit disappointed that they've gone this route. When I order from Ticketmaster/Live Nation I feel like I'm making some sort of deal with this guy. firedevil.gif

I chatted with a few people in Manchester who did the VIP thing and they were pretty much unanimous - VERY pleased with the experience and they would absolutely do it again.

I myself did NOT do VIP for any shows because I wanted to hear from those who did before I took the risk. But it appears as tho VIPNation is treating RUSH fans quite well.

Also, the few people I spoke with all said they got their orders in very quickly and they were all center section and all no worse than 3rd row.

edit: I did not speak with VIP peeps who were further back, but there were people beyond the 3rd row with VIP.. I just used the ones I personally spoke with here.

I was on Alex's side (MusicToday presale) and nobody in my section had a VIP laminate and when I visited a friend on Geddy's side during intermission I looked and nobody on that side had one either... only the folks in the center section had them. I might have missed some... but it looks like they were all well centered.

Edited by Snaked

I got a VIP package for Newark, so I won't know until sometime around mid-October whether my seats are any good. I had to order the day after the first presale because I was in a plane the day it started. I don't know how many packages were really available or how many sold, so it's a mystery whether I'll be in the first couple of rows or not. I'll be happy to post once I find out.

Thanks folks! That is very interesting to know and VERY encouraging! I will be at the Pitt show tomorrow so I will be doing some observing myself to see how well the VIP'ers were treated.

2.gif

QUOTE (drgrendel @ Sep 10 2012, 11:15 AM)
Thanks folks! That is very interesting to know and VERY encouraging! I will be at the Pitt show tomorrow so I will be doing some observing myself to see how well the VIP'ers were treated.

2.gif

Get ready to have an awesome time bro...it'll definately make you feel better after the Bills got bitchslap.gif ...WTF is up with that? Spiller looked good! laugh.gif

This is encouraging. Thanks Snaked! I have VIP for Chicago. I completed the transaction in about 30 seconds and got the confirmation email at 1:01 PM. So I have high expectations!

2.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 10 2012, 12:28 PM)
QUOTE (drgrendel @ Sep 10 2012, 11:15 AM)
Thanks folks!  That is very interesting to know and VERY encouraging!  I will be at the Pitt show tomorrow so I will be doing some observing myself to see how well the VIP'ers were treated.

2.gif

Get ready to have an awesome time bro...it'll definately make you feel better after the Bills got bitchslap.gif ...WTF is up with that? Spiller looked good! laugh.gif

Taking a first-timer - fiance - to show. she cannot concentrate on work today - she is pumped!

Regarding the Bills - Burned all things Buffalo Bills related last night - I refuse to be a Squeeler fan so I am picking Da Raiders!

2.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 10 2012, 10:27 AM)
I chatted with a few people in Manchester who did the VIP thing and they were pretty much unanimous - VERY pleased with the experience and they would absolutely do it again.

I myself did NOT do VIP for any shows because I wanted to hear from those who did before I took the risk. But it appears as tho VIPNation is treating RUSH fans quite well.

Also, the few people I spoke with all said they got their orders in very quickly and they were all center section and all no worse than 3rd row.
edit: I did not speak with VIP peeps who were further back, but there were people beyond the 3rd row with VIP.. I just used the ones I personally spoke with here.

I was on Alex's side (MusicToday presale) and nobody in my section had a VIP laminate and when I visited a friend on Geddy's side during intermission I looked and nobody on that side had one either... only the folks in the center section had them. I might have missed some... but it looks like they were all well centered.

Nice. Thanks for the info. It's re-assuring to those who had to go with "faith" that the seats and all would be good. You've been pretty awesome about relaying information this tour. Again, many many thanks and kudos!

I had VIP for the Washington DC show last night.

I ended up getting 3rd row right in front of Geddy. So, I was very pleased with how it turned out. Although, I would have preferred to be on Alex's side.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Sep 10 2012, 12:17 PM)

I ended up getting 3rd row right in front of Geddy. So, I was very pleased with how it turned out. Although, I would have preferred to be on Alex's side.

Do you remember what time your purchase went through when you were getting the packages?

QUOTE (gangsterfurious @ Sep 10 2012, 04:38 PM)

I ended up getting 3rd row right in front of Geddy.  So, I was very pleased with how it turned out.  Although, I would have preferred to be on Alex's side.

Do you remember what time your purchase went through when you were getting the packages?

So from reading the thread, it looks like VIP tix, are the way to go! My two packages are Indy and Chicago. The checkout times were 12:05 pm for Chicago and roughly 4:30 pm for Indy (wanted to have a different viewing perspective if possible? for the lighting/video screen). Will advise where I end up for both shows. Got the tix pickup time and location email from Live VIP Nation today!!! Already got the two sweatshirt hoodies, but nothing else yet? I'm leaving WI tomorrow for Thursday's show in Indy...I'm so stoked!!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

cheer.gif common001.gif icon_alienjig.gif

I went VIP for Manchester and got 4th row section 2 (center.)

While I was ecstatic about my luck, I can tell you that not everyone that got VIP was. There was one guy in front of me in line that got row QQ section 2. HE was pissed because it appears that QQ would be row 17. Somehow they explained to him that it was row 15 (not sure if they skipped some letters?) He was still pissed. OK, so IF it was row 15, you've got to accept it, that's what was sold.

We chatted with some folks around us that paid $450 to a broker for 3rd row. Needless to say I was happy with my purchase.

QUOTE (cygnify @ Sep 10 2012, 06:56 PM)
I went VIP for Manchester and got 4th row section 2 (center.)

While I was ecstatic about my luck, I can tell you that not everyone that got VIP was. There was one guy in front of me in line that got row QQ section 2. HE was pissed because it appears that QQ would be row 17. Somehow they explained to him that it was row 15 (not sure if they skipped some letters?) He was still pissed. OK, so IF it was row 15, you've got to accept it, that's what was sold.

We chatted with some folks around us that paid $450 to a broker for 3rd row. Needless to say I was happy with my purchase.

My understanding is that the VZW arena does not have a row II or OO thus QQ would indeed be row 15.

All they promised was "Within the first 15 rows" so he got what he paid for.

That is one of the downfalls of blind seating.

I would be very curious to hear when he made his purchase.

QUOTE (gangsterfurious @ Sep 10 2012, 04:38 PM)

I ended up getting 3rd row right in front of Geddy.  So, I was very pleased with how it turned out.  Although, I would have preferred to be on Alex's side.

Yes. I was consistently hitting refresh on the page to buy tickets as the 'go hour' was approaching. When the buy tickets button appeared, I clicked away. My computer was refreshing about ever 5 seconds. So, I got my ticket within 5 seconds of them going on sale.

I don't know many venues outside the DC area, but at Sunday's show there is a VIP section which has tables in little boxed in areas. My seat was directly behind these tables and I saw that people had bags with the VIP swag. You might want to check seating charts to see if there are any areas labeled "VIP section." Not sure how many other venues have a designated area like this.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Sep 10 2012, 04:17 PM)

I told Jenn "unless someone else came dressed as Ricky too, looks like Alan got up pretty close." laugh.gif

QUOTE (TheWK90 @ Sep 12 2012, 01:11 AM)
I bought my ticket through VIP Nation during the presale in which I needed a code. Finished my order in a little over 2 minutes and got front row for Pittsburgh. Right in front of Alex!!!

Dude....I was 4 seats to your right....was awesome that you got sticks---I was the guy wearing the LHU hat. You were rockin' up a storm!

2.gif