Rush burns us again

tullfan

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 9 2012, 07:23 PM)
Rush gives their 70s fans a middle finger on the CA Tour. With ticket prices averaging $100.00 + this is what they do ? By what I can tell on this forum many of you are younger and have no problem with this, but you know what, Rush became popular during the 70s. Us older fans went to their shows, bought their albums, t shirts and tour books. Had a great time. This all came to a head when Moving Pictures came out and Rush was king. Record sales through the roof. All was well in Rushworld. Signals came out and was great and then they get the bright idea to not use Terry Brown and start dropping their epicness for a bunch of lame 80s records and set list that started the trend of completely ignoring their past along with a segment of their fan base, you know, the ones they gained their popularity on. It's very insulting to do this to the fans that got them there, but apparently there are other generations after who seem to love their post 1985 stuff. That's fine, I just think that Rush could put aside 45 minutes in their set list to please the older fans. After all that is the least they could do and they #!#@%ing know it. Instead they take the "This is what we are going to do and we can care less about the fans" attitude. O.K. fine. I give up. I will not be going to this show. The first Rush tour I will miss since the Hemispheres Tour. I was a diehard and they threw fans like me under the bus. I'm sick of it !!!!!!!!!!! Must be nice making tons of money playing a bunch of songs some of us don't want to hear, oh and by the way, make sure no one steals your t-shirt money Rush because you don't make any on the concert ticket. Give me a #$@%ing break.

Yeah, they burned us again. They could be retired now and you wouldn't have to worry about a great new album like C.A.

But true to a messageboard, some people have to act like whiny little bitches and complain about the setlist of a band still touring after nearly 40 years.

Its pathetic. The periods of time when Rush is active is the worst time on this board. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 11 2012, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 10 2012, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 9 2012, 06:58 PM)
QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 9 2012, 06:23 PM)
Rush gives their 70s fans a middle finger on the CA Tour. With ticket prices averaging $100.00 + this is what they do ? By what I can tell on this forum many of you are younger and have no problem with this, but you know what, Rush became popular during the 70s. Us older fans went to their shows, bought their albums, t shirts and tour books. Had a great time. This all came to a head when Moving Pictures came out and Rush was king. Record sales through the roof. All was well in Rushworld. Signals came out and was great and then they get the bright idea to not use Terry Brown and start dropping their epicness for a bunch of lame 80s records and set list that started the trend of completely ignoring their past along with a segment of their fan base, you know, the ones they gained their popularity on. It's very insulting to do this to the fans that got them there, but apparently there are other generations after who seem to love their post 1985 stuff. That's fine, I just think that Rush could put aside 45 minutes in their set list to please the older fans. After all that is the least they could do and they #!#@%ing know it. Instead they take the "This is what we are going to do and we can care less about the fans" attitude. O.K. fine. I give up. I will not be going to this show. The first Rush tour I will miss since the Hemispheres Tour. I was a diehard and they threw fans like me under the bus. I'm sick of it !!!!!!!!!!! Must be nice making tons of money playing a bunch of songs some of us don't want to hear, oh and by the way, make sure no one steals your t-shirt money Rush because you don't make any on the concert ticket. Give me a #$@%ing break.

Honestly, sincerely PLEASE go f**k yourself.

It bears repeating, there is no bigger bitch on the planet then a middle aged straight male Rush fan.

How embarrassing

You know what's embarrassing ? A middle aged gay male Rush fan that has to remind Everyone that he is gay. You are a bitter , angry little queen that brings Nothing to this board except nasty , angry post's. Please go back under the bridge you came from . The O.P. , who i Don't agree with has an opinion , look it up.

lol - looks like I hit a nerve.

Thanks for clearly illustrating my point.

You were rude to the op, no need to tell him to fu*k off

Hit a nerve ? If i was to say "If your Gay you can't be a real Rush fan " Would that bother you ? Stupid , is it not? You made a blanket statement that was ridiculous . That is why i said what i said , you talk about "Defending" yourself around here, i was doing the same . Trust me , i never would have posted that if you did not make this a Sexual thing and you did. I gotta tell you i forgot about this post until i got a few pm's telling me you were talking smack . I still was not going to respond until i read some of it and saw how i would be "Picking up my teeth" . You do understand that this is something a 14yr old would post because no grown man would say this over the internet . Wait , i am sorry , we have 14 yr olds that post here that don't talk like this . Sorry. The only people that ever posted this kind of shit on this board are no longer here , so keep up the good work. I have no problem with you at all, how can i ? I Don't know you . If we ever met at a show we can have a drink and forget all about this crap , i don't hold anything agianst anyone that i don't know .

QUOTE (Terrapin @ Sep 11 2012, 03:25 PM)
"HomopMetaldad...

Dear Oh dear... a sad, homophobic fool, thinking that his little "metal" persona along with being a "Dad" will endear him to Rush fans and the interweb in general.

No pal, you are a complete tool!

I'm married with 3 kids love a bit of heavy metal and find your comments entirely reprehensible.

Eshine owns you, in terms of both substance and style... I think a contrite apology is in order.

Sorry, don't do smilies...

Oh Look

Another post by another Troll . It is very sad when someone post's something that they think is Witty and Funny . Guess what ? You failed to reach any of those goals . The only think worth responding to in this flat post is "Homophobic" Since one of my Best Friends for close to 30 years in Gay and i have been around more Gay people since than that you can shake a stick at , Wrong. You should really know what the hell you are talking about before you post such shit. Lame Rush lyric reference as well. Bravo Knob, Bravo

I think the set is good, only because I haven't heard most of the 80's songs since the 80's, aside from Force Ten, Big Money (once). It fills in the blanks, imo. Sure, I'd prefer other songs from the '80's albums (Kid Gloves, Weapon, Red Lenses, Emotion Detector instead of Red Sector A, Body Electric & whatever), but this'll do.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 12 2012, 11:18 AM)
I have no problem with you at all, how can i ? I Don't know you . If we ever met at a show we can have a drink and forget all about this crap , i don't hold anything agianst anyone that i don't know .

I just saw this and am not trying to start sh*t again, metaldad - I don't know a thing about you nor do you about me. I was just surprised at the vitriol of your post. I guess I didn't need to tell the guy to f - off, but the incessant whining directed at the band becomes so annoying.

For the record, I wasn't trying to insult straight males with my original comment, and apologize again if I offended anybody. I don't deserve a double standard so I have no business making blanket statements like that and after reading iot today, it was wrong.

Would gladly have a brew with you and laugh this off.

And for the record, I'm a very happy guy and not a little queen at all.

I'm a huge queen.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 9 2012, 06:23 PM)

banghead.gif K.M.A. you are retarded and should not be able to voice an opinion so darn stupid!!! This is a board for RUSH fans if you don't like what you get go to a RUSH hate board if you can find one and hang out there! we don't need your GARBAGE!

Mike

wtf.gif banghead.gif banghead.gif

Damn what a FK"N retard wtf.gif doh.gif , Aholes like that just piss me off. Can't be a true RUSH fan 'cause there is no intelligence between those ears! oops.gif no.gif ROTFLMFAO!!

once again

mike here! LOL

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 9 2012, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (tim2112 @ Sep 9 2012, 10:30 PM)
i really dont get u guys  who complain about what they play. Cmon their rush,after almost 40 years of playing together ,giving us the most outstanding music, u cant expect them to play everything everyone likes.Lets b grateful their still playing,puting out great new music. i think its a great setlist, and i cant wait to see their wesern canadian swing.Lets not complain, and embress what is the best band ever,after all this could very well be their last tour,and then what are you going to complain about

One can be grateful theyve come around and still complain about Dreamline vs. Limelight. We'd like to hear their best stuff. Or deep cuts they've never played. Or something from Counterparts or VT rather than a Power Windows party.

I have no problem with someone expressing genuine disappointment with certain song selections/omissions. For myself, the lack of Jacob's Ladder or Cut To The Chase (again!) would fall into that category. What bothers me is the sense of entitlement and the "they owe me" mentality that rubs me the wrong way. And the anger displayed by the op is downright childish.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Sep 9 2012, 07:51 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 9 2012, 07:45 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 9 2012, 07:42 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Sep 9 2012, 07:41 PM)
They played Working Man.

Quite well too.

now there's a tune we haven't heard in a while. schla03.gif

Psh. I could listen to Alex's live solo in that everyday for the rest of my life. 1022.gif

goodpost.gif

I so agree!

Hearing/seeing this live just blows me away time and after time after time.

Alex just kills on this.

This song, in my opinion, should always be on the setlist!

yes.gif 1022.gif

I would've preferred if they'd ditched the reggae intro this time around though.

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 12 2012, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 12 2012, 11:18 AM)
I have no problem with you at all, how can i ? I Don't know you . If we ever met at a show we can have a drink and forget all about this crap  , i don't hold anything agianst anyone that i don't know .

I just saw this and am not trying to start sh*t again, metaldad - I don't know a thing about you nor do you about me. I was just surprised at the vitriol of your post. I guess I didn't need to tell the guy to f - off, but the incessant whining directed at the band becomes so annoying.

For the record, I wasn't trying to insult straight males with my original comment, and apologize again if I offended anybody. I don't deserve a double standard so I have no business making blanket statements like that and after reading iot today, it was wrong.

Would gladly have a brew with you and laugh this off.

And for the record, I'm a very happy guy and not a little queen at all.

I'm a huge queen.

trink39.gif

laugh.gif It's all good. I could have been a little more calm myself. First round is on me trink39.gif