Rush burns us again

tullfan

Rush gives their 70s fans a middle finger on the CA Tour. With ticket prices averaging $100.00 + this is what they do ? By what I can tell on this forum many of you are younger and have no problem with this, but you know what, Rush became popular during the 70s. Us older fans went to their shows, bought their albums, t shirts and tour books. Had a great time. This all came to a head when Moving Pictures came out and Rush was king. Record sales through the roof. All was well in Rushworld. Signals came out and was great and then they get the bright idea to not use Terry Brown and start dropping their epicness for a bunch of lame 80s records and set list that started the trend of completely ignoring their past along with a segment of their fan base, you know, the ones they gained their popularity on. It's very insulting to do this to the fans that got them there, but apparently there are other generations after who seem to love their post 1985 stuff. That's fine, I just think that Rush could put aside 45 minutes in their set list to please the older fans. After all that is the least they could do and they #!#@%ing know it. Instead they take the "This is what we are going to do and we can care less about the fans" attitude. O.K. fine. I give up. I will not be going to this show. The first Rush tour I will miss since the Hemispheres Tour. I was a diehard and they threw fans like me under the bus. I'm sick of it !!!!!!!!!!! Must be nice making tons of money playing a bunch of songs some of us don't want to hear, oh and by the way, make sure no one steals your t-shirt money Rush because you don't make any on the concert ticket. Give me a #$@%ing break. Edited by tullfan

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please cry a little more about it.

Plenty of us fans like this set list, and many of us are also huge fans of the 70s stuff, but we have the sense to realize that they are mixing it up from tour to tour, and on this tour, they are featuring the synth era heavily for the first time since, well, the synth era. Don't like it, don't go. Oh, you already said you aren't going. Okay, cool. Bye.

QUOTE (The K Man @ Sep 9 2012, 06:28 PM)
Please cry a little more about it.

Plenty of us fans like this set list, and many of us are also huge fans of the 70s stuff, but we have the sense to realize that they are mixing it up from tour to tour, and on this tour, they are featuring the synth era heavily for the first time since, well, the synth era. Don't like it, don't go. Oh, you already said you aren't going. Okay, cool. Bye.

they are featuring the synth era basically because geddy can't handle anything else vocally. you either like it or you don't.

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 9 2012, 03:23 PM)
Rush gives their 70s fans a middle finger on the CA Tour. With ticket prices averaging $100.00 + this is what they do ? By what I can tell on this forum many of you are younger and have no problem with this, but you know what, Rush became popular during the 70s. Us older fans went to their shows, bought their albums, t shirts and tour books. Had a great time. This all came to a head when Moving Pictures came out and Rush was king. Record sales through the roof. All was well in Rushworld. Signals came out and was great and then they get the bright idea to not use Terry Brown and start dropping their epicness for a bunch of lame 80s records and set list that started the trend of completely ignoring their past along with a segment of their fan base, you know, the ones they gained their popularity on. It's very insulting to do this to the fans that got them there, but apparently there are other generations after who seem to love their post 1985 stuff. That's fine, I just think that Rush could put aside 45 minutes in their set list to please the older fans. After all that is the least they could do and they #!#@%ing know it. Instead they take the "This is what we are going to do and we can care less about the fans" attitude. O.K. fine. I give up. I will not be going to this show. The first Rush tour I will miss since the Hemispheres Tour. I was a diehard and they threw fans like me under the bus. I'm sick of it !!!!!!!!!!! Must be nice making tons of money playing a bunch of songs some of us don't want to hear, oh and by the way, make sure no one steals your t-shirt money Rush because you don't make any on the concert ticket. Give me a #$@%ing break.

Ok time for your Metamucil old man. biggrin.gif

First off, Rush has spent a lot of time lately covering all of those songs. Secondly I see article after article and post after post about how hard touring has been on Geddy's voice. Please remember you aren't the only geezer. These guys are almost 60. I'll tell you what my parents were NOT doing at that age, and that was going on a tour around the world to support a new album and sing their guts out night after night, putting some 20-somethings to shame.

Rush has always been a great band, try to see the synth stuff for what it is. Not only is Geddy playing yet another instrument up there but that's a phase a lot of us lived through and some of us actually like the music. Do most of us like it as much as the 70's stuff? No but all synth-sounding music aside, those songs have fantastic lyrics.

My advice to you, if you really are a hardcore Rush fan, see them as much as you can before these days are over.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 9 2012, 03:29 PM)
All that you can do is Wish Them Well...

z7shysterical.gif

Ged can't sing the old stuff. When he does, it is painful. I am happy they tour with songs he can sing.

Problem is, if they played Anthem, or anything from that period, Geddy would die.

Do you want them to be alive, or do you want them to die.

In all honesty, you'd walk away from the show thinking they'd lost it.. Ged just can't sing it anymore, and the mid 80's has had such a lack of limelight (no pun intended), it's time they give us synth-era fans something to literally cry about. smile.gif

Edited by FountainOfSyrinx

Here's the deal. The band did put out something for those of us that are hardcore 70's Rush fans: Get ready!! They put out an amazing brand new album called Clockwork Angels! An album that, while modern, is more than a little throwback to a hard rock and progressive rock style! No, the vocals are not up to par with 70's Geddy, but nothing ever will be ever.

Rush played Moving Pictures ENTIRELY on the last tour! Now, they have a tour that is 1/2 a new hard rock album and 1/2 paying homage to the synth era and all anyone can do is b&tch about it.

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 9 2012, 06:23 PM)
Rush gives their 70s fans a middle finger on the CA Tour. With ticket prices averaging $100.00 + this is what they do ? By what I can tell on this forum many of you are younger and have no problem with this, but you know what, Rush became popular during the 70s. Us older fans went to their shows, bought their albums, t shirts and tour books. Had a great time. This all came to a head when Moving Pictures came out and Rush was king. Record sales through the roof. All was well in Rushworld. Signals came out and was great and then they get the bright idea to not use Terry Brown and start dropping their epicness for a bunch of lame 80s records and set list that started the trend of completely ignoring their past along with a segment of their fan base, you know, the ones they gained their popularity on. It's very insulting to do this to the fans that got them there, but apparently there are other generations after who seem to love their post 1985 stuff. That's fine, I just think that Rush could put aside 45 minutes in their set list to please the older fans. After all that is the least they could do and they #!#@%ing know it. Instead they take the "This is what we are going to do and we can care less about the fans" attitude. O.K. fine. I give up. I will not be going to this show. The first Rush tour I will miss since the Hemispheres Tour. I was a diehard and they threw fans like me under the bus. I'm sick of it !!!!!!!!!!! Must be nice making tons of money playing a bunch of songs some of us don't want to hear, oh and by the way, make sure no one steals your t-shirt money Rush because you don't make any on the concert ticket. Give me a #$@%ing break.

I'm not sure if this is even worth responding to. You're the worst kind of Rush fan. How is Rush pushing their boundaries with new, DIFFERENT innovations and recording albums that they WANT to record (Much to your chagrin apparently, obviously you hate the synth era, okay we get it) insulting to the fans? What would you have had them do? Continue to record MP/PeW-esque albums? Rush was through with that sound, they wanted to pursue the synth route, is that so wrong? Should they have just catered to the fans continuously by playing their staples until the day they retire? What fun is that? What challenge is that? It would feel imprisoning for Ged and the boys and would surely have lead to an early retirement for them. I'm also curious how you think they threw you under the bus after Moving Pictures. If they continued to churn out commercially successful albums they'd eventually be lambasted as "sell-outs" by so-called "loyal" fans. It's really damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't in Rush's situation...

By the way, GUP through HYF has some of the greatest material Rush has ever written. Maybe if you'd sit down and give them a chance instead of orgasming to Tom Sawyer for the x1000000th time you'd realize that. Stubborn dinosaur...

Edited by Alchemical

QUOTE (tullfan @ Sep 9 2012, 06:23 PM)

Honestly, sincerely PLEASE go f**k yourself.

It bears repeating, there is no bigger bitch on the planet then a middle aged straight male Rush fan.

How embarrassing

Waaaaa waaaaaa.

Please.

This is all on my news feed and it's sickening. Why are we so mean to each other. It's psychological. It's the way we are raised. Do you know how many people kill themselves over all this? Do you know how many people buy guns to execute people like this? How do you think adults feel who have lost their children to suicide or gun violence feel looking at this stuff on the Internet. The things we say to each other. Wild animals don't even do this to their prey. We are so cruel to one another. Does anyone know what it feels like to burry a child whose committed suicide or has been killed for bullying. These things happen. People kill each other for these reasons. This is all in our minds. Chemicals in our bodies are released when we feel the need to put people down. Thats what makes us feel the high we feel when drama starts. There is such a thing as blocking each other and reporting this stuff to Facebook. We aren't in middle school anymore. How would we feel if our kids were going through this. It's sad when people feel the need to put others down. Someone who can post a picture like this has a right too. If others are offended by it block them. Going back and forth saying all this unnecessary bull makes everyone look bad. Then when someone kills themselves everyone wipes their hands clean and don't want to deal with the law. If any of you were to be found dead these people who are being cruel are found guilty of voluntary manslaughter and not only that, but two families loose their children. Do you really want to put the women who brought you into this world through that? Some people don't even have moms or families. Some people have cancer or homeless and even worse like in unbearable situations like war and poverty like in third world countries. I just can't fathom how we can say such cruel things back and forth. It's unbelievable how ungrateful we are that we have all the things we have. We are all beautiful in our own ways and no one has the right to judge. You don't know what everyone wakes up too and falls asleep too. This whole thing has been blown out of control and I already reported it and the police have been notified. And names have been recorded and they Are locating your where abouts as of right now. This is a serious matter

QUOTE (av450 @ Sep 9 2012, 07:07 PM)
This is all on my news feed and it's sickening. Why are we so mean to each other. It's psychological. It's the way we are raised. Do you know how many people kill themselves over all this? Do you know how many people buy guns to execute people like this? How do you think adults feel who have lost their children to suicide or gun violence feel looking at this stuff on the Internet. The things we say to each other. Wild animals don't even do this to their prey. We are so cruel to one another. Does anyone know what it feels like to burry a child whose committed suicide or has been killed for bullying. These things happen. People kill each other for these reasons. This is all in our minds. Chemicals in our bodies are released when we feel the need to put people down. Thats what makes us feel the high we feel when drama starts. There is such a thing as blocking each other and reporting this stuff to Facebook. We aren't in middle school anymore. How would we feel if our kids were going through this. It's sad when people feel the need to put others down. Someone who can post a picture like this has a right too. If others are offended by it block them. Going back and forth saying all this unnecessary bull makes everyone look bad. Then when someone kills themselves everyone wipes their hands clean and don't want to deal with the law. If any of you were to be found dead these people who are being cruel are found guilty of voluntary manslaughter and not only that, but two families loose their children. Do you really want to put the women who brought you into this world through that? Some people don't even have moms or families. Some people have cancer or homeless and even worse like in unbearable situations like war and poverty like in third world countries. I just can't fathom how we can say such cruel things back and forth. It's unbelievable how ungrateful we are that we have all the things we have. We are all beautiful in our own ways and no one has the right to judge. You don't know what everyone wakes up too and falls asleep too. This whole thing has been blown out of control and I already reported it and the police have been notified. And names have been recorded and they Are locating your where abouts as of right now. This is a serious matter

laugh.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Don'tMeetInBars @ Sep 9 2012, 03:36 PM)
I think RUSH has earned the right to play whatever they want at this point.

I'd much rather have them excited and happy rediscovering the 80's tunes and the new album than going through the motions on the old old stuff. (& I'm a huge fan of 70's Rush)

If you try to please everybody you become Journey. tongue.gif

Please don't replace Geddy with some Filipino guy.

I love this. "Completely ignoring their past." These albums came out 30 years ago, well before I was even born rofl3.gif

I swear to God some of you guys are the biggest spoiled brats around. The band still records and tours consistently and some of you just use any opportunity to whine. Go ahead and sell your ticket; it's another seat for a happy fan.

Before Rush, I was a die-hard Van Halen fan. When you adore a band that doesn't care about you whatsoever, come back to me. That's why I love Rush; they know their capabilities, still tour and record, and try and make both their fans and themselves happy. Plus 20 albums in, I think they've generated the right to play what they want.

I stopped posting here a few years back because posts like this happened way too regularly. It seems more rare now and it's nice to see this place is a lot happier and more positive. Because there really aren't many reasons to be negative trink39.gif