Setlist B Confirmed

USB Connector

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Sep 9 2012, 03:15 PM)
The great thing about watching this tour on youtube is I don't have to be with people because I am so socially awkward. I hate people, but pushing buttons doesn't work as well face to face as it does on this forum. For someone like me with no life, it is perfect because I can just go to the board and be a whiny little bitch and everyone gets upset. Then I sign off, laugh, then cry, then do it all again tomorrow. Life is good.

Fixed

I am torn. Why oh why would they replace Carnies of all songs?!?!

Of the changes I prefer:

The Body Electric to Middletown Dreams (A)

Bravado to The Pass (A)

Dreamline to Manhattan Project setlist b

Carnies to Seven Cities (A)

2112 to Spirit setlist b

The best change is Dreamline and 2112, so I'd probably prefer B

By the way, what the hell happened to Limelight? That's so weird that it would be scratched out. I can't believe they're not playing it. It's their best IMO

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 9 2012, 10:06 PM)

Of the changes I prefer:

Bravado to The Pass (A)
2112 to Spirit setlist b

By the way, what the hell happened to Limelight? That's so weird that it would be scratched out. I can't believe they're not playing it. It's their best IMO

Yes, I'm really surprised they didn't just leave Limelight in the setlist A encore. The TS/2112 encore is several minutes longer than the TS/TSoR encore. Why not put Limelight in encore A to make it a comparable length?

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Sep 9 2012, 10:15 PM)

Of the changes I prefer:

Bravado to The Pass (A)
2112 to Spirit setlist b

Yes, I'm really surprised they didn't just leave Limelight in the setlist A encore. The TS/2112 encore is several minutes longer than the TS/TSoR encore. Why not put Limelight in encore A to make it a comparable length?

There are many strange decisions being made as you pointed out.

Why did they drop Limelight from the encore?

Why didn't they include Losing it or Nobody's Hero on this Tour?

Why not Change out Wish Them Well instead of Carnies?

Why not drop Wokring Man and Replace with 2112/Temples/Finale and leave the encore as is?

There are gems on both set list. Those of us that are only able to attend one show will feel cheated somehow either way.

wtf.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I think both sets are nice but I think it's a bit criminal not to play TSOR. It's hard to imagine any set without that song. People may be tired of it but I still find it very exciting and rejuvenating. My feelings would not have been hurt if they dropped TS for the TSOR but I guess they have to play TS. I thought the same thing about TSOR but I am now proven to be wrong.

Two of my shows are back to back so I should see both so I'll get to hear TSOR at least once.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 9 2012, 10:25 PM)

Of the changes I prefer:

Bravado to The Pass (A)
2112 to Spirit setlist b

Why not drop Wokring Man and Replace with 2112/Temples/Finale and leave the encore as is?

There are gems on both set list. Those of us that are only able to attend one show will feel cheated somehow either way.

wtf.gif

1. Time constraints? They got bored of playing it?

2. Thematically neither align well with the tour. Losing It is a bit of a downer song, at this point in their career I don't think they are interested in playing it. It may never get played.

3. Maybe they like Wish Them Well more? This one is the most confusing for me.

4. They LOVE Working Man. No other reason.

Of the changes I prefer:

Bravado to The Pass (A)
2112 to Spirit setlist b

Well, someone mentioned they scratched Limelight because the show started late. Maybe Setlist A is Limelight and TSOR and setlist B is 2112. So maybe next show we'll see Limelight back in...?

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 9 2012, 10:33 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 9 2012, 10:25 PM)

Of the changes I prefer:

Bravado to The Pass (A)
2112 to Spirit setlist b

wtf.gif

1. Time constraints? They got bored of playing it?

2. Thematically neither align well with the tour. Losing It is a bit of a downer song, at this point in their career I don't think they are interested in playing it. It may never get played.

3. Maybe they like Wish Them Well more? This one is the most confusing for me.

4. They LOVE Working Man. No other reason.

That makes sense but I don't think The Pass is a golden ray of sunshine either in comparison to Losing It.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 9 2012, 11:35 PM)

Of the changes I prefer:

Bravado to The Pass (A)
2112 to Spirit setlist b

Well, someone mentioned they scratched Limelight because the show started late. Maybe Setlist A is Limelight and TSOR and setlist B is 2112. So maybe next show we'll see Limelight back in...?

No.

Limelight got scratched late in the rehearsal process.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 9 2012, 10:35 PM)

Of the changes I prefer:

Bravado to The Pass (A)
2112 to Spirit setlist b

I like the way you think.

QUOTE (StanGetz @ Sep 9 2012, 10:41 PM)
QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Sep 9 2012, 10:35 PM)

Of the changes I prefer:

Bravado to The Pass (A)
2112 to Spirit setlist b

I like the way you think.

I hope you are correct sir! This would be a tremendous plus!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (StanGetz @ Sep 9 2012, 10:32 PM)
I think both sets are nice but I think it's a bit criminal not to play TSOR. It's hard to imagine any set without that song. People may be tired of it but I still find it very exciting and rejuvenating. My feelings would not have been hurt if they dropped TS for the TSOR but I guess they have to play TS. I thought the same thing about TSOR but I am now proven to be wrong.

Two of my shows are back to back so I should see both so I'll get to hear TSOR at least once.

I agree with you 100%. They should always play The Spirit of Radio. Its as good and as important as Tom Sawyer IMO. Besides when replaced by 2112in set "B", it leaves the set list without a single song from Permanent Waves. Thats just plain wrong!

dazed025.gif

I think the second night is better. I always loved dreamline, and swapping in 2112 is f***ing awesome. For some reason I'm more into the 2112 album, front to back, than ever before. I can only hope that is what we get to here in Edmonton.

Now I'm torn, SOR was the song that brought me to Rush, and I will always love it, and seeing as I am dragging my wife to this show, her first Rush show, and I want her to hear it

Edited by bootlegguy

I am impressed they are swapping up five songs. I have three chances to see list A and list B. if they swap every other show I should see A in Chicago and Toronto and B in Cleveland.

2.gif

QUOTE (Barry @ Sep 10 2012, 06:31 AM)
All I can say is if they dont play TSOR when I see them in NY at the Barclays center, I am going to be really pissed :-)

I loves me some 2112, but I agree, if they don't play it at Chicago, then I'm going to be pissed too.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 9 2012, 02:20 PM)
http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/tours/120907setlists.jpg

I really hope we get set B for Montreal. Dreamline AND 2112!? It's like they dug into my mind and put in the songs I felt were missing.

EDIT: whoops, I didn't see the other thread from sheer excitement. wacko.gif

Hey, chick with black nail polish, your hand is covering the bottom of the A Setlist.

Nice job... doh.gif