To those who have actually seen the show

Gilbertk

If you've actually seen the show, did you like the set?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. If you've actually seen the show, did you like the set?

• I love it! Great selection!
    • It was good, but not what I wanted
    • Some winners, mostly losers
    • Terrible song choices

Went to the show. If you would have shown me setlist before, i would have been excited, but surprised. I can't express in words how sick this show was live. 80s synth stuff was heavier and worked well. CA material I thought was better live and I have never felt that way when going to a show and hearing there most recent material live...going back to my first show GUP tour 84.

On paper vs live ....Live way better. Old school fans will enjoy this, loved it big time. I just dont know how geds voice will be able to maintain at that level. YOU TUBE vids DO NOT do it justice.

Interesting question.

If you had shown me the setlist beforehand (well, you would have been my sworn enemy, but that's OT) I admit I would have had a WTF moment.

But watching it unfold live was a totally different situation - it flowed so well. It only dawned on me what they DIDN'T play AFTER the whole thing was over.

If I could have changed one thing, it would have been the encore. Ten minutes and two "hit songs" was sort of a dull close to an otherwise sensational evening.

My jaw kept hitting the floor each time a the next song was played, it was just fantastic! If I was forced to complain about something, the reggae Working Man is played out (IMO) and the encore was very anticlimactic. That was my first opening night Rush show, and I'm so glad I went....well worth the long drive from Toronto.

Can't wait for the Toronto shows and hopefully seeing a secondary setlist!!!

2.gif

For those of you who actually went: Was the crowd really that dead? Deckiller mentioned in a couple threads that he was surrounded by zombies who would look at him like he was crazy if he started cheering/getting into the songs. Was it really that terrible? I really hope my crowd is more passionate with the setlist...

The (positive) energy of a concert is half of what makes a show great in my opinion. If everyone around me couldn't give two shits about the band then I just can't get into it.

Makes me wanna actually see 2.gif in Rio/South America. They really get into it...

Edited by Alchemical

crowd was good and I was in the waaaaay back and we stood the whole time...but to be honest, there were some quiet moments in much of the first set, because i think people were stunned at the tunes that were blaring out of the speakers. When each song started people went NUTS, and then just seemed to take it in. I heard so many around me saying to peeps next to them

"are you kidding me" with a BIG FAT SMILE ON.... great setlist, doubters, you will see...

GOOD crowd, not the best but solid.

Agreed. I was floored by all the bold, unusual selections.

I was also pretty far back. People were courteous and sat the whole time.

Some around me were quiet, but I'm not sure why. New fans that were unfamiliar with the songs? The 60 year old couple in front of me barely moved. I'm not sure if they knew any songs at all! Im trying to figure out why they were there. Free tickets? Parents of the sound guy? Thought they were seeing Tom Rush?

Anyway, there were a lot of women and a lot of quiet people. But of course, tons of stoked fans, too.

As I posted elsewhere, I'm going to be glad years from now that I got to experience Body Electric and Grand Designs and not yet another version of Limelight.

Edited by sitboaf

*Loved* the setlist because it was so unexpected to me. I've been re-listening to it today (cobbled playlist) and it brings back great memories!

What sets! IMO, fraking brilliant! Good call to those who saw an 80s setlist coming, I truly didn't know what to expect.

I stood, I sang, I recorded, I raised a beer (better people, better food and better beer) and my hands (as if to fly)

All day long I've been thinking about the way The Big Money ended...."one million dollars" rofl3.gif

It exceeded all expectations!

2.gif 1022.gif