Tuesdays show need some help.

delrancho223

Hello, RUSH forum.

I am in a bit of a jam but, with the right kind of help i may have an edible sandwich. The problem with this show is i am going alone and i don't know the area. And i am driving about four hours on top of that to get there( i know there are probably people who drive further than me but, they most likely have more experience; that being said i have done several sate wide trips in days and driving in cities like phili just not with out passengers to guide me). I'm checking into a hotel south east of phili sometime in the afternoon so i can just go back to my room and sleep after the show.

So my question is what is parking like and are there options, and more appropriately what's is traffic like in pitt and coming from Greensburg is there any good way to come in to pitt?

I'd thank anyone in advance who can give me even a hint of advice.

Thanks,

A fellow RUSH fan

Oh I'm from Ohio been to Consol a few times parking is pretty easy couple private lots around there i'd park 3 or 4 blocks south of the venue, parking be around 15 bucks.

Traffic is less than Cleveland and WAYYY less than Philly, seriously f**k Philly traffic.

Edited by kentpilot

QUOTE (delrancho223 @ Sep 9 2012, 06:23 AM)
Thanks for the advice. And i can't even begin how thrilled i am to hear that it's easier driving than Phili; that alone takes away half my fears.

I was there for Maiden like 2 months ago parked my car in a garage and walked everywhere.

I've worked in Pittsburgh since 2006 & went to medschool in Philly so here is my advice: You can park anywhere within a few blocks and walk-Pittsburgh is easy & safe to walk around downtown. It is smaller, so less traffic BUT..To get into the city from the South or East you have to go thru Tunnels and those can be a bitch at "rush" hour. When you get to your hotel, google map and study cauz Pittsburgh roads have a lot of twitsts and turns compared to Philly. Give yourself plenty of time for wrong exits and one-way streets that come to a Point! Once you are off the highway and anywhere near the consol center, get out of the car and walk and you will be home free! Have a safe trip! 2.gif