The Bootleg from Manchester

kentpilot

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kentpilot @ Sep 10 2012, 12:31 PM)
So I'm thinking I'm going to leave out the Encores and make

CD:III

Middletown Dreams
The Pass
Seven Cities of Gold
Dreamline
Tom Sawyer
The Spirit of Radio

that would be cool - but also neat to hear Alex mess up the solo in TS in Manchester. He mouthed to the guy in front of me : " you play? you're better than me! I stink!" Then proceeded to smell his arm pit, plug his nose, etc. He really botched the beginning of the solo!

QUOTE (cygnify @ Sep 11 2012, 11:40 AM)

Middletown Dreams
The Pass
Seven Cities of Gold
Dreamline
Tom Sawyer
The Spirit of Radio

that would be cool - but also neat to hear Alex mess up the solo in TS in Manchester. He mouthed to the guy in front of me : " you play? you're better than me! I stink!" Then proceeded to smell his arm pit, plug his nose, etc. He really botched the beginning of the solo!

He f*cks up a few chords in territories, yeah I'll use the Manchester Tom Sawyer best one I have.

QUOTE (A rocket that ignites itself @ Sep 11 2012, 07:18 PM)
Yeah, I'd say Kentpilot pretty much rules...thanks a hundred times over for sharing! Sounds excellent! 2.gif

No problem!

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE THANKS EVERYBODY!

I'M SORRY I CAN'T DO IT ALL FASTER.

I'VE HAD SUCH A SHIT DAY.

I have severe acid reflux so I was up all this morning vomiting spitting out my lungs. I went to look at a Dodge D-50 Sport truck, on the way there got a speeding ticket(75 in 65) I guess that one is my fault but I mean the traffic was going 75.

So i'm pretty pissed gonna sit down and watch Snakes and Arrows live, sorry guys sad.gif

QUOTE (kentpilot @ Sep 11 2012, 07:48 PM)
QUOTE (A rocket that ignites itself @ Sep 11 2012, 07:18 PM)
Yeah, I'd say Kentpilot pretty much rules...thanks a hundred times over for sharing!  Sounds excellent!  2.gif

No problem!

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE THANKS EVERYBODY!

I'M SORRY I CAN'T DO IT ALL FASTER.

I'VE HAD SUCH A SHIT DAY.

I have severe acid reflux so I was up all this morning vomiting spitting out my lungs. I went to look at a Dodge D-50 Sport truck, on the way there got a speeding ticket(75 in 65) I guess that one is my fault but I mean the traffic was going 75.

So i'm pretty pissed gonna sit down and watch Snakes and Arrows live, sorry guys sad.gif

You have NOTHING to be sorry for! You are one grand dude! Have a MUCH better tomorrow, k?

trink39.gif

Wish you wellness!

QUOTE (cygnify @ Sep 11 2012, 11:40 AM)

Middletown Dreams
The Pass
Seven Cities of Gold
Dreamline
Tom Sawyer
The Spirit of Radio

You must have been standing right next to me.....I was right there as well in the second row when he said that.

QUOTE (marlinsfan @ Sep 12 2012, 11:33 AM)
Holy crap this is awesome! Thanks!!!

Anyone know how to convert to mp3 so I can put on my ipod?

iTunes can import MP3 files. smile.gif

QUOTE (marlinsfan @ Sep 12 2012, 11:58 AM)
never mind. I went to download.com and got Switch Sound File Converter. Easy to use!

I misread your first post.

Look for Trader's Little Helper if your download doesn't do the job.

Downloaded CD1, converted to MP3 etc. I am really amazed at how great these sound!

Will you upload these onto youtube ASAP, because the sound quality of the different video clips on youtube is, ahem, "lacking" (understandably, being recorded with cell phones etc), and it is only fair to give people the opportunity to hear these.

Can't wait to hear CD2 and CD3!

QUOTE (Animate @ Sep 12 2012, 04:12 PM)
Downloaded CD1, converted to MP3 etc. I am really amazed at how great these sound!

Will you upload these onto youtube ASAP, because the sound quality of the different video clips on youtube is, ahem, "lacking" (understandably, being recorded with cell phones etc), and it is only fair to give people the opportunity to hear these.

Go ahead and upload it with cover art if you want, I really can't continue to work on it for now. I go to school from 7:20 to 2:25 and then I'm at work from 3:00 to 9:00 so sorry!

I really wish I could dedicate more time to this, but I'm done with everything friday at 2:25 so I'll work on it all friday night and get CD 2 up on Dropbox.

QUOTE (kentpilot @ Sep 12 2012, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (Animate @ Sep 12 2012, 04:12 PM)
Downloaded CD1, converted to MP3 etc.  I am really amazed at how great these sound! 

Will you upload these onto youtube ASAP, because the sound quality of the different video clips on youtube is, ahem, "lacking"  (understandably, being recorded with cell phones etc),  and it is only fair to give people the opportunity to hear these.

Go ahead and upload it with cover art if you want, I really can't continue to work on it for now. I go to school from 7:20 to 2:25 and then I'm at work from 3:00 to 9:00 so sorry!

I really wish I could dedicate more time to this, but I'm done with everything friday at 2:25 so I'll work on it all friday night and get CD 2 up on Dropbox.

No pressure man, but get to it NOW. tongue.gif

Kidding.

Honestly, though, please just give us Manchester show, warts and all. The beauty of bootlegs is that they show us what the band was doing that night. I'm all for "fixing" the raw tape to make it the best it can be, but flying in another take from a different show is not necessary.

Please don't take this as a complaint. I appreciate what you have done thus far. It is not the best boot ever, but if folks like you didn't at least make an effort then we would not have boots of Rush from the earliest days of the band.

Much respect.

1022.gif

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=420147

The link above to another tapers recording of Manchester is MUCH better sound quality than the recording in this thread, it has a lot more "in your face" sound, plus better high end and low end. It was just uploaded to dime today.

Lots of positive comments in the thread, like this one.... "blackout at 2012-09-13 03:17:06 GMT

Great recording! We've found the gem so far. Thank you very much for posting, I can't imagine anyone having a better version. Everything is nice, deep and clear."

QUOTE (fansince1979 @ Sep 13 2012, 01:06 AM)

The link above to another tapers recording of Manchester is MUCH better sound quality than the recording in this thread, it has a lot more "in your face" sound, plus better high end and low end. It was just uploaded to dime today.
Lots of positive comments in the thread, like this one.... "blackout at 2012-09-13 03:17:06 GMT
Great recording! We've found the gem so far. Thank you very much for posting, I can't imagine anyone having a better version. Everything is nice, deep and clear."

AND THERE GOES ALL MY WORK sad.gif

QUOTE (kentpilot @ Sep 13 2012, 03:05 AM)

Lots of positive comments in the thread, like this one....  "blackout at 2012-09-13 03:17:06 GMT 
  Great recording!  We've found the gem so far.  Thank you very much for posting, I can't imagine anyone having a better version.  Everything is nice, deep and clear."

No way. Collectors thrive on the type of thing you do. In fact, my favorite mixes are the ones that have over-layed soundboard with audience. Remixing or re-EQing are a great artistic thing.

QUOTE (Animate @ Sep 14 2012, 03:33 PM)
bumper.gif

ohmy.gif sad.gif

No matter if another bootleg comes out- Finish what you started! I want the whole copy of THIS bootleg, with your cover art on it!

I say the same. Your work is/will be enjoyed by many, including me. So we look forward to it. 653.gif

QUOTE (kentpilot @ Sep 13 2012, 02:05 AM)

Lots of positive comments in the thread, like this one....  "blackout at 2012-09-13 03:17:06 GMT 
  Great recording!  We've found the gem so far.  Thank you very much for posting, I can't imagine anyone having a better version.  Everything is nice, deep and clear."

Dude, your's will never be the only bootleg out there. But that doesn't mean your's doesn't mean anything. It's still a Rush boot wink.gif Regardless of who else puts them out, keep going! It's all part of a greater collection of recordings!

trink39.gif Thanks for your work, bud. I got the first CD and it sounds great!

Any other method of getting that show? Not a big dimeadozen user. smile.gif