The 'B' Setlist

LocalsBandGuy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they stick to alternating A&B every show, then it looks like I'll be seeing the B set. FWIW, I think I'd be equally happy with either of those sets. I am glad to get 2112, though. Harder to imagine missing that one than TSOR. Glad they got Territories in there--I saw a few people posting not really liking that choice, but I like it & it strikes me as completely topical and appropriate after all these years.

Well no matter is A better than B or other way around it's great that they chance songs daily basis. They have over 200 songs so it's always nice to hear as many songs as possible. I think they should do this more often. Edited by Flying Finn

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Sep 8 2012, 09:05 PM)
Tampa's getting the "B" setlist? :/ Not happy about that, I DON'T like Dreamline, Manhattan Project is the song. However, I DO like Middletown Dreams.

Also don't care for 2112. :/

Dude, if they alternate every night, Tampa will have the A list. Regardless, So that would be much better than the "B". I think they should make some permanent changes like replacing TWT with 7COG (Much better song) and Bravado with Middletown Dreams.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

I like the possible changes for the most part, but it seems odd to rotate Manhattan Project (not played since the 80s) with Dreamline (played a lot in the last two decades). I think rotating Big Money and Force Ten would have made a lot more sense instead of playing both every night. Rotate those every night, play Dreamline and Manhattan Project every night, and it would be better. It's interesting that Grand Designs is deemed worthy as an every night song, but Manhattan Project only gets the every other night treatment. A little strange.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 10:54 AM)
How did the A & B setlists work on VT??

There was actually a C setlist as well on VT.

People forget that Freewill was added halfway through that tour

Not to mention near the end of the tour they mixed things up a couple times by playing both Freewill and Vital Signs.

Just because we have an A and a B does not mean we wont eventually see a C or even a D, E and F.

There are more songs ready for this tour than just the ones we know about thus far.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 9 2012, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Sep 9 2012, 10:54 AM)
How did the A & B setlists work on VT??

There was actually a C setlist as well on VT.

People forget that Freewill was added halfway through that tour

Not to mention near the end of the tour they mixed things up a couple times by playing both Freewill and Vital Signs.

Just because we have an A and a B does not mean we wont eventually see a C or even a D, E and F.

There are more songs ready for this tour than just the ones we know about thus far.

This has gotta be one of the best tours in Rush history.

Interesting thing if the A and B setlists are correct.

Of the 5 alternating songs, all 5 of the B list songs are longer than the A list songs, at least looking at the running times on the studio albums.

In fact, it comes to about 3.5 minutes.

Wonder if they will be shortening any of the B list songs.

QUOTE (scottw @ Sep 9 2012, 10:23 AM)
Interesting thing if the A and B setlists are correct.

Of the 5 alternating songs, all 5 of the B list songs are longer than the A list songs, at least looking at the running times on the studio albums.

In fact, it comes to about 3.5 minutes.

Wonder if they will be shortening any of the B list songs.

Doubt it. If it was 10 minutes, then maybe. But 3 minutes isn't much more at all.

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Sep 9 2012, 09:58 AM)
If they're ending with 2112 they must be doing Overture, Temples, and Grand Finale 1022.gif

Definitely. They can't end the concert with the Bm at the end Temples of syrinx

EDIT: Also, I thought 7 cities would replace WTW. That's weird

Edited by av450

QUOTE (av450 @ Sep 9 2012, 12:34 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Sep 9 2012, 09:58 AM)
If they're ending with 2112 they must be doing Overture, Temples, and Grand Finale 1022.gif

Definitely. They can't end the concert with the Bm at the end Temples of syrinx

EDIT: Also, I thought 7 cities would replace WTW. That's weird

It's disappointing to me that 7CoG is replacing Carnies simply because of how EPIC the end of Carnies was in Manchester.

Hopefully they have something equally as epic in store for 7CoG otherwise its a shame people wont be seeing that every night.