Whistlers at concerts

atrixwolfe

For those who whistle at concerts. I think every one should unabashedly enjoy them selves to the full extent. But Please consider when whistling to project upwards instead of directly ahead.

Because of an incredibly loud whistler behind me I actually couldn't hear out of one of my ears for most of the evening, I ended up missing everything Geddy said.

I know some people just don't care about others but if one person considers projecting upwards instead of outwards...maybe two other people's hearing will be spared. Just think about it.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 03:37 PM)
I always thought people who can stick fingers in mouths and whistle were very talented. Is there a name for that kind of talent besides whistler?

Yeah, a dumbass that drowns out Geddy. This better not happen to me.

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 06:37 PM)
I always thought people who can stick fingers in mouths and whistle were very talented. Is there a name for that kind of talent besides whistler?

Last night I would have said inconsiderate dumbass....judging from the empty beer bottles in his row when we left I might have said drunkass.

But I can't whistle like that...maybe I'm just jealous...Maybe I just wanted to hear.

bitchslap.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 07:37 PM)

Yeah..."Asshole"

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 9 2012, 06:52 AM)
If I had my way, I'd have all of them shot.

Fair and balanced.

Yes! Up against The Wall! In The Flesh! Who let all this riff raff into the room?

wink.gif

If a dude is whistling all the time non stop, ask him to tone it down a bit. If he's only doing it between songs and it bothers you, get better ear plugs. If you're not using ear plugs it's not like he's damaging your hearing any more than the concert is already.

QUOTE (Scottishdood @ Sep 9 2012, 09:40 AM)
....and another's time ....at another Rush show....there were people in front, behind and either side of me who were clapping along with and after songs....and I couldn't hear myself think!
Disgusted of Glasgow!

dazed025.gif

I am so sorry. sad.gif (sniff, sniff)

Did you need any therapy or was a large dose of beer sufficient?

<edit: cleaned up grammar>

Edited by CygnusGal

What a bunch of comedians us Rush fans are eh!

Groucho: ...Columbus was sailing along on his vessel...

Chico: On his what?

Groucho: Not on his what, on his vessel. Don't you know what "vessel" is?

Chico: Sure, I can vessel... [starts whistling]

So to sum up...over the course of a week in this forum I've found out that Certain Rush fans don't like other Rush fans who whistle (unless it's directional whistleing) and if you bring a banner or a sign to a Rush show it would appear othe Rush fans are gonna smash your coupon in if you dare show it or wave it in their vicinity!

Sweet!! confused13.gif

2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif 2.gif trink38.gif