Geddy friendly set.

Terrapin

Given the vocal problems that Geddy had during the last tour, (hitting the high notes in their original key) I find this kind of set a completely natural transition.

They're not performing this set because they want to, they're doing it because they have to.

Geddy can't sing the high notes any longer. Perhaps he can on a one off gig, but not on an extended tour. He's almost 60 years of age and he wears a heavy bass guitar on his back every night... I think he does quite well.

Personally, I hate the set. For me, the crack in the wall appeared just after Signals and completely fell apart during the Power Windows - Roll The Bones era. In my opinion, they started getting things back together from TFE onwards and I love CA although the production leaves much to be desired..

I like TBE and TAK but but the rest of the first set is a load of cheese from a decade that taste forgot.

Still, Geddy can sing those songs and feels comfortable doing it. So, more power to him and the band.

I really hope the tour goes well and that everybody attending has a great time!!

Terrapin,

This is my first post here. But I think you have it spot on. This set list is to help Geddy Lee - and understandable. Set 1 is safe and songs that are easier for him to sing.

I wouldn't say I hate the set, but it wouldn't be my first selection of songs. But I'm with you. I lost my faith wih Signals, and gave up with Rush with Power Windows (only to come back years later).

I've made my own little set list from the songs played last night, and my wife (who has never really heard Rush), will have them drilled into her as we have VIPs to the MEN next May. Maybe the set will change by then.

I'm not thrilled by the setlist myself, then I had a look at a few videos from the other thread. I stopped after 3 of them because I just wanted to be there so bad. The production looks to be amazing despite the fact that it's synth era geddy tailed. I really can't wait for the concert now. I'm especially excited for Analog Kid/Territories/the return of the Lerxst rant.