Ok I'll specify my complaints

treeduck

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 8 2012, 06:31 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 8 2012, 07:21 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2012, 11:19 AM)
Why not something like Cut to the Chase

yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif

heck i'd take that over bravado. 062802puke_prv.gif

yes, barely..

IF someone is not a fan of any album post Power Windows....what the f**k are you doing here.

Really? I mean really?

'They have recorded what 8 albums since.

Move on.

The Set List is fanfuckingtastic.

As a 42 year old Rush fan who grew up during the roaring 80's golden age of Rush....this is an amazing setlist.

Couple the first set with the brilliant Clockwork Angels......EPIC tour.

Can't wait for November 3rd. And of course the Blue Ray of this awesome ode to the 80's period of Rush.

CA has so much 80's musings with a few hints of some 70's Rush....it makes perfect sense.

I am thrilled they dropped a ton of staples. The Hold Your Fire Tour was very similar. Lot's of their newer stuff back in that period sprinkled in with a few classics.

Quite frankly ever since the CP tour we have been blessed with unreal setlists.

f**k all the haters. Sell your tickets and stay home. (not pointing the finger at the OP at all btw)

LMFAO.

Some so called Rush fans are real morons. I mean really man.....get over yourselves.

This band at this stage of their career and what they bring night in night out.....f***ing unreal.

I am so sick and tired of seeing whining little bitches.....oh well why did they not play this or that...or this.

They have over 170 freaking songs people.

They have to enjoy what they play night in and night out as well.

They only have room for 25-28 tunes.

Get over it.

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Koover @ Sep 8 2012, 10:58 PM)
Lol... Bro, why not tell us what you really think. tongue.gif
I actually agree with everything you said.

I know.....just had to get it off my chest.

It's funny...when I am at the show these people (the whiners) are no where to be found....it is one big Rush convention where we are all smiles, passing the kind, raising maltus and rocking to the greatest f***ing band in the world.

Only on the internet do you find trolls like and other schmucks....moaning and groaning like a bunch of social security collecting f*cks.

Anyway.....the tour is here....and I can't wait till my show!!!!

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 8 2012, 08:52 PM)
IF someone is not a fan of any album post Power Windows....what the f**k are you doing here.

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

As a 42 year old Rush fan who grew up during the roaring 80's golden age of Rush....this is an amazing setlist.

Can't wait for November 3rd. And of course the Blue Ray of this awesome ode to the 80's period of Rush.

CA has so much 80's musings with a few hints of some 70's Rush....it makes perfect sense.

I am thrilled they dropped a ton of staples. The Hold Your Fire Tour was very similar. Lot's of their newer stuff back in that period sprinkled in with a few classics.

f**k all the haters. Sell your tickets and stay home. (not pointing the finger at the OP at all btw)

LMFAO.

Some so called Rush fans are real morons. I mean really man.....get over yourselves.

This band at this stage of their career and what they bring night in night out.....f***ing unreal.

I am so sick and tired of seeing whining little bitches.....oh well why did they not play this or that...or this.

Get over it.

People's opinions bother you that much eh? wow.....

Edited by WCFIELDS

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 8 2012, 10:11 PM)

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

LMFAO.

Get over it.

Well - he is totally right.

You and folks like Reflected Light are almost begging to be roasted with your incessant bitching about everything the band does.

It's tired.

I hate to break the news to people...

But whatever YOUR "perfect" setlist is... there are people who will hate it.

This band has well over 170 songs in their catalog and each and every one of them is a personal favorite for SOMEBODY.

There is somebody out there who LOVES Stupidconductor.

There is somebody out there who LOVES You Bet Your Life

There is somebody out there who LOVES Dog Years and Virtuality.

If they played any of those songs (to name a few) I would be bummed out as hell.. but SOMEBODY out there would need a paper towel to clean out their undies.

This is the setlist that the band wants to play.. and personally I love it.

For those of you who are saying you're going to skip the tour that is certainly your choice. But I would remind you to think about 1997 and just how quickly things can change.

If you never have another chance to see RUSH will you regret not seeing them on this tour... even if the setlist isn't what you personally would consider 'perfect'?

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 8 2012, 09:27 PM)

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

LMFAO.

Get over it.

You and folks like Reflected Light are almost begging to be roasted with your incessant bitching about everything the band does.

It's tired.

There are 5 albums that I don't like....and while I'm not a huge fan of this setlist, I certainly don't hate it. I guess I shouldn't be here. wacko.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 8 2012, 10:43 PM)

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

LMFAO.

Get over it.

It's tired.

There are 5 albums that I don't like....and while I'm not a huge fan of this setlist, I certainly don't hate it. I guess I shouldn't be here. wacko.gif

No - it's just that you guys make it your "thing" to rip on everything the band does.

The new album is fantastic and the setlist(s) for the tour are razor sharp.

Your schtick is tired.

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 8 2012, 09:51 PM)

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

LMFAO.

Get over it.

It's tired.

No - it's just that you guys make it your "thing" to rip on everything the band does.

Your schtick is tired.

"rip" on everything?.....whatever dude. you're another one of the bois, I understand.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 8 2012, 05:55 PM)
Yeah, what they played was "old," but the problem is the very small window they selected the "old" songs from. Eleven songs, or roughly half the setlist, were songs from a nine-year period (1982-1991). And a nine-year period which most of us feel was the worst time in their long career!

Put another way... let's eliminate the nine songs from the newest album and look at just the "older" songs they played. Of the 16 non-CA songs they played, eleven of them (almost 70%) were from 1982-1991! Seventy percent of the old songs were from the Keyboard Era! Meanwhile, long stretches (BETTER periods) of their career were completely ignored: nothing was played from FBN through Hemispheres, only one song from PeW, and nothing was played from CP, T4E, and VT.

nothing was played from CP, T4E, and VT

Thank god!!

QUOTE (xx2112xx @ Sep 8 2012, 12:22 PM)
I am stoked for Where's My Thing. They haven't played it since the RTB tour have they? I really did not want to listen to Leave That Thing Alone (or YYZ for that matter) for the millionth time.

Hell, I hope next tour they bring out Limbo!

I agree with this and I'm listening to the bootleg from last night, Where's my thing is very different from the album version Geddy is all over this thing. Remember Leave that thing Alone from the Cleveland DVD how much he improvised? Yeah it's that times 100. Jesus he is giving this thing some balls I love it.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 8 2012, 10:53 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 8 2012, 09:51 PM)

Really? I mean really?

Move on.

LMFAO.

Get over it.

It's tired.

Your schtick is tired.

"rip" on everything?.....whatever dude. you're another one of the bois, I understand.

Yeah, you do rip on everything. The second I see WCFIELDS or Reflected Light, I know it will almost always be a rip. You say you only dislike 5 albums, well, I think those are the only 5 albums you choose to comment on.

That may very well be the case that you actually like Rush's other 17 albums or whatever, but the thing is you don't ever talk about that stuff, you choose to spend 99% of your time on this forum talking about the stuff about Rush you don't like. I don't get it. I don't think you're trolling for attention, unlike Reflected Light. I guess you just like to emphasize the negative and many people I know in life seem to thrive on it

It has nothing to do with fanbois. Every time someone calls the whiners out on all their negativity and complaining about the band, they're called fanbois, like that's supposed to be the great equalizer. It's bullshit. I'm no fanboi, but why the phuck am i going to come to the forum of my favorite band's website and choose to say almost nothing but negative crap? And if we rip on the people that do, that means we're fanbois and "you're not allowed to have an opinion". It's weak.

For both Reflected Light and WCFIELDS ...

Try this: What's your favorite Rush album? Favorite Rush song? Why? What got you into Rush?

What would you improve on the setlist? Give us your dream setlist, keeping in mind the limitations of Geddy's voice and that he ain't gonna be able to do Hemispheres and The Fountain of Lamneth every night

Give it a shot..

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 9 2012, 12:19 AM)
I've no problem with them doing lots of Clockwork Angels, we knew they were gonna do that and it's a very good album (but I would prefer Seven Cities to Halo Effect and BU2B to Wish Them Well). Or the Power Windows songs...though there's probably too many...

If they're giving some songs a rest why not give Working Man a rest and Tom Sawyer?

If they're doing songs not played for a while off GUP why not Kid Gloves or Afterimage?

Why play Bravado and Where's My Thing again? Why not something like Cut to the Chase and alien Shore?

There's nothing from A Farewell to Kings, nothing much from Permanent Waves, nothing from Hemispheres. In fact there's 1 song from the 70s...

Ok I'm nit picking maybe but this is just not my kind of setlist I suppose, too much from the mid 80s, & the same old 90s tracks and almost zero from the 70s...

trink38.gif

I've read a lot of posts regarding the "balls" of this setlist. Sure, it's unexpected and has some balls.But why not go for some BIGGER balls? i.e. A Farewell to Kings instead of Working Man or Jacob's Ladder instead of Red Sector A, etc.

I agree with your CA comments. Playing a lot of it is expected, right and good.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Sep 9 2012, 01:13 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 9 2012, 12:19 AM)
I've no problem with them doing lots of Clockwork Angels, we knew they were gonna do that and it's a very good album (but I would prefer Seven Cities to Halo Effect and BU2B to Wish Them Well). Or the Power Windows songs...though there's probably too many...

If they're giving some songs a rest why not give Working Man a rest and Tom Sawyer?

If they're doing songs not played for a while off GUP why not Kid Gloves or Afterimage?

Why play Bravado and Where's My Thing again? Why not something like Cut to the Chase and alien Shore?

There's nothing from A Farewell to Kings, nothing much from Permanent Waves, nothing from Hemispheres. In fact there's 1 song from the 70s...

Ok I'm nit picking maybe but this is just not my kind of setlist I suppose, too much from the mid 80s, & the same old 90s tracks and almost zero from the 70s...

trink38.gif

I've read a lot of posts regarding the "balls" of this setlist. Sure, it's unexpected and has some balls.But why not go for some BIGGER balls? i.e. A Farewell to Kings instead of Working Man or Jacob's Ladder instead of Red Sector A, etc.

I agree with your CA comments. Playing a lot of it is expected, right and good.

Aye!

cool10.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 8 2012, 10:27 PM)

This band has well over 170 songs in their catalog and each and every one of them is a personal favorite for SOMEBODY.

If they played any of those songs (to name a few) I would be bummed out as hell.. but SOMEBODY out there would need a paper towel to clean out their undies.

For those of you who are saying you're going to skip the tour that is certainly your choice. But I would remind you to think about 1997 and just how quickly things can change.

If you never have another chance to see RUSH will you regret not seeing them on this tour... even if the setlist isn't what you personally would consider 'perfect'?

This is how I feel about the set list "debate".

QUOTE (Na na na @ Sep 9 2012, 04:08 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Sep 8 2012, 10:27 PM)

This is how I feel about the set list "debate".

It's not a debate, I just gave my opinion. You don't like it, that's your perogative, and you've made it clear. I don't like yours either, just to be equally clear...

bekloppt.gif