Ok I'll specify my complaints

treeduck

Again.......you won'T find me complaining. I was thrilled when i read this list. 80's synth fan that i am. Was never big on the 70's stuff. I really didn't want to hear Ged strain on 2112....again. So....Wheeee wub.gif lol

Mick

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bluefox4000 @ Sep 8 2012, 11:37 AM)
Again.......you won'T find me complaining. I was thrilled when i read this list. 80's synth fan that i am. Was never big on the 70's stuff. I really didn't want to hear Ged strain on 2112....again. So....Wheeee wub.gif lol

Mick

+1 1022.gif

QUOTE (Shredder2 @ Sep 8 2012, 10:49 AM)
I know what you mean, treeduck. Maybe they're saving their 70s staples for R40? confused13.gif That's my guess, but your complaints are purely valid for discussion.

New here, but LONG time fan. Been to so many Rush concerts I lost count.

While everyone has valid points and opinions, it's quite obvious to me that this set list is all about Ged's range an vocal ability at this time. I can't even fathom him singing "much" from the 70's anymore without sounding strained, nasally or just plain bad.

QUOTE (Koover @ Sep 8 2012, 12:08 PM)
I know what you mean, treeduck. Maybe they're saving their 70s staples for R40? confused13.gif That's my guess, but your complaints are purely valid for discussion.

While everyone has valid points and opinions, it's quite obvious to me that this set list is all about Ged's range an vocal ability at this time. I can't even fathom him singing "much" from the 70's anymore without sounding strained, nasally or just plain bad.

What about Cinderella Man? His vocals are pretty low on that song and even the high parts aren't all that high...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2012, 12:18 PM)

What about Cinderella Man? His vocals are pretty low on that song and even the high parts aren't all that high...

i was hoping for that one also.

I am stoked for Where's My Thing. They haven't played it since the RTB tour have they? I really did not want to listen to Leave That Thing Alone (or YYZ for that matter) for the millionth time.

Hell, I hope next tour they bring out Limbo!

Very good point.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 11:09 AM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 8 2012, 10:30 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2012, 03:19 PM)
Why not something like Cut to the Chase and alien Shore?

Because they're shit.

Your killing me hatchet man rofl3.gif

Sorry neither one of those songs are shit!

angry.gif

I know there is a contingent of fans who diss the 80s material, but it's still valid material. I mean, how many more times do I have to hear "Closer to the heart" and "Limelight"?

The 70s era music is indeed good, but it's been so overplayed. You can't tell one tour from the other...until last night.

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Sep 8 2012, 01:09 PM)
It's like the prog/fantasy/sci-fi era of this band that most of cherish and first fell in love with never existed.

You're right...time to move on and take what you can get...cause Terry Brown ain't walking through the studio door to save the day. This is a great setlist 1022.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 8 2012, 06:13 PM)

Because they're shit.

angry.gif

Pantomime roar from the audience:

OH YES THEY ARE!!!!

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 8 2012, 01:15 PM)
I know there is a contingent of fans who diss the 80s material, but it's still valid material. I mean, how many more times do I have to hear "Closer to the heart" and "Limelight"?

The 70s era music is indeed good, but it's been so overplayed. You can't tell one tour from the other...until last night.

The rest of A Farewell to Kings isn't overplayed though is it??

Where's Cinderella Man with it's low pitched vocals that Geddy could still sing easily?

I don't many people think Xanadu is overplayed.

What about the title track? I think they could do that too.

This set list blows, opening a Rush concert with Geds keyboards and not Alex guitar wtf. The synth era sucks imo pw and gup are my two least fav albums, they could have saved the second set but omit scog off ca, and then give us manhatten project, and red sector a meh! two very good tickets to Tampa show are now available if anybodies interested?

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 8 2012, 01:20 PM)

Because they're shit.

angry.gif

OH YES THEY ARE!!!!

You're Irish mate so I'll excuse your stupidity!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2012, 01:22 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 8 2012, 01:15 PM)

The rest of A Farewell to Kings isn't overplayed though is it??

Where's Cinderella Man with it's low pitched vocals that Geddy could still sing easily?

I don't many people think Xanadu is overplayed.

What about the title track? I think they could do that too.

Geddy would really strain himself to sing some of the notes in Xanadu and AFTK. :/

I would have loved to see Xanadu (And Jacob's Ladder of course) with strings! Maybe next tour...

Actually, Where's My Thing was only played on the RTB tour. You might be thinking of Leave that Thing Alone, which was on the CP, T4E and VT tours, and made a return on the Time Machine tour.

Personally, I'm glad Where's My Thing made a return because I consider it to be the strongest of their 90's instrumentals.

As long as they were doing the 80's synth era, I would like to have seen more deep cuts from GUB and HYF. An updated rendition of Kid Gloves would have been awesome, as would Lock & Key or perhaps even Second Nature/Tai Shan, which would have worked well with the string section.

But still, this looks to be a solid setlist, and I can't wait until I see them in Atlanta this November.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2012, 10:40 AM)

Because they're shit.

No they're not! But the Body Electric is! It's a pseudo dance track! 1287.gif

And do they always reach for Bravado? Where's My Thing? Boooring!

Nope. For the 113th time, Where's My Thing hadn't been played since 1992 until last night, but feel free to keep complaining about how they always supposedly play it. laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2012, 06:23 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 8 2012, 01:20 PM)

Because they're shit.

angry.gif

OH YES THEY ARE!!!!

You're Irish mate so I'll excuse your stupidity!

tongue.gif

Says the man with more Irish blood in him than the Irish Blood Bank!

Two Irishmen were out duck-shooting. They had their guns and dogs and walked for hours with no success. Dropping into the pub on the way back they listened with envy to all the other hunters who had obviously been very successful.

"Where do you think we went wrong?" asked one.

His friend thought for a minute.

"You know, I think it must be that we're not throwing the dogs high enough."