Just One Fan's Opinion

mazyyz

Personally.. i'm in love with these setlists. They could be improved/beefed up with a few changes (where are the epics?!?!, why WM?, Far Cry to close?, where is Losing It?, etc) but the truth is, the RUSH fans who adore the synth era (Signals - HYF) have got very little in the past 20 years and now, it is just, overwhelming. Just like RUSH should be. I am totally stoked.

QUOTE (Jimmy14 @ Sep 8 2012, 05:24 AM)
Can't beleive they pulled out strings and missed the chance to play Losing it.

I know right... And practically everything they're playing other than CA is from the synth era? It's like they're purposefully taunting us. Might just have to make a thread about this tongue.gif

QUOTE (Jimmy14 @ Sep 8 2012, 07:24 AM)
Can't beleive they pulled out strings and missed the chance to play Losing it.

I agree...

I like the 80s stuff so i can't wait to see them. smile.gif

The only things I would have liked to see were a couple of more tunes such as Xanadu, Animate, Freewill, A Passage to Bangkok, etc. Just to represent the harder rocking 70's and 90's tunes while still being within Geddy's vocal range

But all in all I can't wait to see this set!

I think its crazy to throw away your chance at seeing them because you now have the power to know most things about a show before you even set foot at the concert hall. Given the set list may not be what you were hoping for you but you may be cutting off the other part of it being a great concert experience altogether? Edited by jonnyj

QUOTE (jonnyj @ Sep 9 2012, 02:11 AM)
I think its crazy to throw away your chance at seeing them because you now have the power to know most things about a show before you even set foot at the concert hall. Given the set list may not be what you were hoping for you but you may be cutting off the other part of it being a great concert experience altogether?

Yeah, to ditch the show altogether is stupid, unless you weren't planning on going in the first place. I'm looking forward to the first set and CA. I can do without the rest.

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Sep 7 2012, 11:28 PM)
That's the most bulls*** setlist I've ever seen.  4 songs from PoW (ONE OF THERE WORST ALBUMS EVER) and not even the best one (Marathon)?  2 songs from Signals and Moving Pictures: REALLY???  They are complete dumbasses and will never ever be the greatest band ever...

My dad now doesn't even want to go anyone because the setlist is a giant pile of s***

angry.gif  angry.gif  angry.gif

f**k you and f**k your dad. This at least the third thread you pasted this post.

Nobody cares.

Well I'm sure we'd all come up with an infinite variation on what we'd like the set list to look like.

Just a few thoughts.

They may be holding back on 70s songs ready for a possible 2014 / R40 tour? (remember they play through to December, then do a few dates in May, so have plenty of time to rest before going out on the road again in 2014)

I'm not a great fan of CA, but 9 songs did seem a little excessive from it.

Loved all the 80s stuff in the first set...brilliant, although not sure subdivisions is a great one to actually start a show.

What I've seen so far it looks like a fantastic show, but maybe the video clips aren't as good/funny as previous tours. Ged's voice was in fine form, but it's the beginning of the tour and hopefully it'll hold out until the end.

I love Neil's farewell... right hand, left hand, right hand...off he runs to his bus having earned his petrol money!

I look forward to seeing them in London in May... only 250+ days to go...lol

That's just my thoughts

The setlist pales in comparison to that of the Time Machine Tour. There's a couple 80's tunes im excited to see represented. But if there's a B setlist, i'm hopin I get it at Vegas.

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Sep 7 2012, 09:28 PM)
That's the most bulls*** setlist I've ever seen. 4 songs from PoW (ONE OF THERE WORST ALBUMS EVER) and not even the best one (Marathon)? 2 songs from Signals and Moving Pictures: REALLY??? They are complete dumbasses and will never ever be the greatest band ever...

My dad now doesn't even want to go anyone because the setlist is a giant pile of s***

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Can I join in?

f**k you, you're a stupid f***ing f**k face and no one f***ing cares if you don't like the setlist. Stop spamming and get a f***ing grip you f***ing loser.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 9 2012, 05:52 AM)
I knew it would be like this after the first show.

What a bunch of whiny bitches. Waaaaa! They didn't Jacob's Ladder! Waaaa! 80's stuff? Waaaa!

Want some Kleenex ladies?

Well it shouldn't be treated as much of a surprise then.