Clockwork Angels Tour Setlist

Tombstone Mountain

what's your opinion of the setlist?  

501 members have voted

1. 1. what's your opinion of the setlist?

• Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this
    • Thumbs up...it rocks
    • Thumbs down...Screw the 70's
    • The Finger...This is an atrocity!
    • The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed!

Saw them last 30 years ago, on the Signals tour in London, and the 80s era was my favourite, so good to see a strong presence from Power Windows. Love the first set, but would have replaced Body Electric with Enemy Within, and Territories with Emotion Detector, and would have also liked to have see Available Light in there somewhere.

CA isn't the pinnacle of their career, so would have liked maybe four or five, but not all those. The Garden and Wish Them Well are not really concert material. I'd have been happier with Caravan, CA, Anarchist, Carnies or 7SoG, and HF to finish the set. I know they're probably sick of playing them, but I'll miss Freewill and I think TSoR should definitely be added to the encore.

Edited by Simon

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 7 2012, 10:33 PM)
I'm stoked...see'in them Sunday...Disappointed that losing it didn't make it. However the more I think about it, what 60 year old would want to sing, or, play a song about losing your Passion and skill every night?

Be kind of depressing I would think...

I'm excited! 1022.gif

Okay TM I'm not seeing 2.gif on Sunday, but I'm with you wink.gif laugh.gif

trink39.gif Have fun...like you won't tongue.gif

I have not or will i bitch about the set. I will say I think they dropped the ball in not doing Losing It . I feel better now

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Sep 14 2012, 12:24 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 14 2012, 10:03 AM)
4 songs from Power Windows isn't bad at all. It could have been 4 Songs from

Presto:

Show Don't Tell, Presto, The Pass, Available Light.

Wait that isnt bad either,

Ok It could have been 4 Songs from Roll the Bones:

Dreamline, Bravado, Where's My Thing? Ghost of a Chance.

Damn Stike two,

Ok Here it is, Four songs from Caress of Steel:

Bastile Day, Lakeside Park, The Necromancer, No On at the Bridge

Shit that just got better,

Alright, alright...four from Test for Echo:

Test for Echo, Driven, Limbo, Time and Motion

Forget it There isn't a RUSH album you can't pull 4 good songs from:

Hold the phone! I got it: Vapor Trails:

One Little Victory, Secret Touch, Earthshine, Vapor Trials, Ghost Rider

Oops thats five. F*ck it! I give up!

2.gif wins!

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

rofl3.gif goodpost.gif

applaudit.gif

We've had stellar participation with this poll. 300 votes have come and gone, now 400 looms in the distance. Thx for voting

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif :

what's your opinion of the setlist?

Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this [ 60 ] [18.46%]

Thumbs up...it rocks [ 215 ] [66.15%]

Thumbs down...Screw the 70's [ 19 ] [5.85%]

The Finger...This is an atrocity! [ 20 ] [6.15%]

The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed! [ 11 ] [3.38%]

Total Votes: 325

That's 84.61%

Haters?!? Where are you???

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif :rush

QUOTE (metaldad @ Sep 14 2012, 01:53 PM)
I have not or will i bitch about the set. I will say I think they dropped the ball in not doing Losing It . I feel better now

I'm with you man! Biggest missed oppertunity by RUSH ever. It would have been perfect right after the Garden.

fists crying.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (mmm_donuts @ Sep 10 2012, 12:18 PM)
I've been reading the comments on here about the setlist and everyone's gripes, either major or minor, and I'd thought I'd add a story.

Back in 92 I believe, Stevie Ray Vaughn was playing the Kalamazoo Fair, which is where I live. I loved his playing and thought about going to the show. But I came up with all of my excuses about concerts (rude drunk people, so so sound, parking hassles) that I didn't go. 2 days later, SRV died in a helicopter crash after his concert in Wisconsin. One of my major regrets is not seeing him in concert when I had the chance.

As this relates to Rush, we need to realize that these guys are much more closer to the end than the beginning. Personally, I don't care much about the synthy period, but I want to attend every concert I can because I respect all of their music over the years. If you have valid reasons for not attending, then so be it. IMO they could have phoned it in by putting out the same basic setlist as previous tours. But like it or not, they went the extra mile to give us something different. If you're acting like they slapped your mama because they're not playing your favorites and you're 'boycotting' the tour, you may have the same regret that I have for not going to that SRV concert.

/end rant.

Well said...

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 14 2012, 09:09 PM)
QUOTE (mmm_donuts @ Sep 10 2012, 12:18 PM)
I've been reading the comments on here about the setlist and everyone's gripes, either major or minor, and I'd thought I'd add a story.

Back in 92 I believe, Stevie Ray Vaughn was playing the Kalamazoo Fair, which is where I live. I loved his playing and thought about going to the show. But I came up with all of my excuses about concerts (rude drunk people, so so sound, parking hassles) that I didn't go. 2 days later, SRV died in a helicopter crash after his concert in Wisconsin. One of my major regrets is not seeing him in concert when I had the chance.

As this relates to Rush, we need to realize that these guys are much more closer to the end than the beginning. Personally, I don't care much about the synthy period, but I want to attend every concert I can because I respect all of their music over the years. If you have valid reasons for not attending, then so be it. IMO they could have phoned it in by putting out the same basic setlist as previous tours. But like it or not, they went the extra mile to give us something different. If you're acting like they slapped your mama because they're not playing your favorites and you're 'boycotting' the tour, you may have the same regret that I have for not going to that SRV concert.

/end rant.

Well said...

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Same thing happened to me in 2009 when I passed on seeing Heaven and Hell. sad.gif

Love everything about it, especially the return of the Manhattan Project.... Force Ten and Territories could have been replaced by Mission and Mystic Rhythms though and it could have been just a little better

QUOTE (trenken @ Sep 10 2012, 08:28 AM)
For how many albums they are skipping and how much synth era stuff which means so little variety, the ticket prices seem steep for this.

Wonder if those prices have anything to do with the orchestra? I doubt they are making as much as Rush who make about 70-80k each per show, but still there's a bunch of them back there and I doubt they are playing for minimum wage.

So did you give it a thumbs down, middle-finger, or stinkpalm? Too "synthy" to be worth the money? The show I attended was fantastic...Geddy sounded spot on and energetic. I'll bet you'll love it! trink39.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 15 2012, 07:11 AM)
For how many albums they are skipping and how much synth era stuff which means so little variety, the ticket prices seem steep for this.

Wonder if those prices have anything to do with the orchestra? I doubt they are making as much as Rush who make about 70-80k each per show, but still there's a bunch of them back there and I doubt they are playing for minimum wage.

So did you give it a thumbs down, middle-finger, or stinkpalm? Too "synthy" to be worth the money? The show I attended was fantastic...Geddy sounded spot on and energetic. I'll bet you'll love it! trink39.gif

2.gif

November 3rd can't come soon enough and yet so damn far away.

sad.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 15 2012, 07:47 AM)

2.gif

sad.gif

L2K my heart goes out to ya! I'm sure that when showtime arrives for you'll be delirious with joy.

1022.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 15 2012, 07:52 AM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 15 2012, 07:47 AM)

2.gif

sad.gif

L2K my heart goes out to ya! I'm sure that when showtime arrives for you'll be delirious with joy.

1022.gif

Or complete exhausted, since its my Concert Week with the Master Chorale.

tongue.gif

Saw the Pittsburgh show, didn't get a chance to post detailed thoughts until now.

Went without knowing the setlist and WOW, huge surprises left and right. I only first saw the band for the first time on the S&A tour, so everything in the first set was like a dream come true. In particular, Big Money, Force Ten, Grand Designs, Analog Kid and Bravado, are some of my favorites, so the first set blew me away. Analog Kid was the highlight for sure, so glad I got to see that. Body Electric was fantastic as well. Neil was really killing it on the drums. Territories is another really good song off one of my favorite albums, so I was happy about that too.

New stuff was good. I'm liking Seven Cities a lot more now after seeing it live. Red Sector A was very impressive, and YYZ with strings was one of the highlights.

This is such a gutsy setlist, playing almost no hits, and so many obscure songs. How could anyone not like this?

My only complaint: I missed Middletown Dreams and The Pass, two of my other favorites. Got to find a way to get to another show!

QUOTE (LotusLand @ Sep 7 2012, 11:00 PM)
A pathetic setlist for this band. It is lazy.

1/2 of these songs could be replace and NO ONE would care.

I'm assuming this poster went stinkpalm on his vote. He asserts that half the setlist could be replaced and no one would care...

He also stated the band is lazy with It's song selection...don't know about the rest of those who attended shows so far...I found the setlist refreshing, and the band anything but lazy.

What do fans who attended Chicago show have to say? Lazy?!?

2.gif

The Setlist keeps getting better with every tweek! The replacement of Working Man with The Spirit of Radio was a great move on their part. Now if they only replace Bravado with Say: Limelight, Dreamline or Middletown Dreams!

653.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 16 2012, 02:03 PM)
The Setlist keeps getting better with every tweek! The replacement of Working Man with The Spirit of Radio was a great move on their part. Now if they only replace Bravado with Say: Limelight, Dreamline or Middletown Dreams!

653.gif

Middletown needs to be in the setlist....was a highlight for me personally. Very cool the band is adjusting the setlist. I still think we'll see Clockwork Angels performed in its entirety before this tour is over.

2112 and TSOR really helped...thank God Working Man is out.

Losing it still may make it 1022.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 16 2012, 03:17 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 16 2012, 02:03 PM)

653.gif

Middletown needs to be in the setlist....was a highlight for me personally. Very cool the band is adjusting the setlist. I still think we'll see Clockwork Angels performed in its entirety before this tour is over.

2112 and TSOR really helped...thank God Working Man is out.

Losing it still may make it 1022.gif

2.gif

One can only hope! There was a quote by Alex that they were still tweeking the setlist night after night and they still might add some songs they aren't currently playing. I thought it meant Limelight or Freewill but you know why not, Losing It sounds great about now too!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Well.....now that I've heard the Comedy of Errors FLAC (i don't see myself getting out to a show this time) I can say I LOVE the 80's synth leanings. Sorry for those of you who don't. Man am i in my glory wub.gif CA Materiel......it is so much better hearing it without the mush. Sure some songs i don't think i'll ever like.....Caravan Carnies, Wish them Well. Much better overall though. Ah.....great set. yes.gif

Mick

I think it's important to collect the naysayers quotes and put them in one post to prove...what?

You'd think someone had stabbed somebody's mother. It's a f***ing setlist. People can praise it or condemn it if they wish.

This "keeping score" stuff is just exhibit 673,569 that Rush fans are, by and large, the most humorless and insecure fan base in music.

Criticism of Rush is not a direct reflection on you. And if you feel that it is, please seek some form of mental healthcare, because you're a f***ing goob.

QUOTE (moedrabowsky @ Sep 17 2012, 09:52 AM)
Criticism of Rush is not a direct reflection on you. And if you feel that it is, please seek some form of mental healthcare, because you're a f***ing goob.

The post proves nothing other than the whiners are a wee minority and will say really hateful or mean stuff.

I know its not a reflection on me, it's on the poster. Oh, and there is only one Goob--the philospical Demi-God of the Rush Forum--Rushgoober smile.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 8 2012, 09:27 AM)
QUOTE (rocketom @ Sep 8 2012, 08:34 AM)
Casual Newbies Do Not pay $100 to see a concert, unless theyre hoping to get laid.

Who gets laid at a 2.gif concert?

Interesting question. You gotta think, over 1,000 shows played over a 38-year period, it has to have happened somewhere along the way.

Anyone got a story to share?... smile.gif