Clockwork Angels Tour Setlist

Tombstone Mountain

what's your opinion of the setlist?  

501 members have voted

1. 1. what's your opinion of the setlist?

• Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this
    • Thumbs up...it rocks
    • Thumbs down...Screw the 70's
    • The Finger...This is an atrocity!
    • The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed!

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 9 2012, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 9 2012, 09:21 AM)
Its a great set list. Replace Working Man with Xanadu or 2112 and WTW with 7CoG and add Limelight to the encore and it would be a perfect Set list!

2.gif  1022.gif  1022.gif

Switching out Working man for Xanadu...in a second. No problem with me. Mystic Rhythms would work.

2.gif

I'd switch working man for dog years at this point. It's getting way overplayed. But still a very good setlist

Listened the bootleg.

First setlist is good not perfect. Seven synth era songs in a row is just way too much. Maybe Where's My Thing should be somewhere in the middle like being the 4th or 5th song or then replacing one of the synth songs (GD or Territories) with something from Counterparts like Cut to the Chase or Double Agent. Otherwise very good, Geddy sounds great and songs like The Body Electric which I even don't like that much sounded great live.

But oh the second set. It was legen... wait for it... dary! Everything from Clockwork Angels sounded superb. Especially the title song was one that benefit the most, Wish Them Well being another one. If I have to name one disappointment it was Headlong Flight. It was pretty close to the original but it isn't easy song to sing so Geddy struggled a little bit. Still very nice though with the mini drum solo and everything.

After the oh so lovely The Garden we got some nice 80s tunes. Both Manhattan Project and Red Sector A sounded absolutely gorgeous with the strings. Even YYZ which I have heard way too many times was great and the rendition was very good. Like I already have said Working Man should have been left out for another classic song but it was still okay. And there's was the encore. Both Tom Sawyer and The Spirit of Radio were very energetic so props for that.

All in all great setlist even though it doesn't nearly have all my favourites. Great job Rush!

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 9 2012, 09:21 AM)
Its a great set list. Replace Working Man with Xanadu or 2112 and WTW with 7CoG and add Limelight to the encore and it would be a perfect Set list!

2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I really can't disagree. I don't care much for SCOG, but like it morw than WTW. Replace Working Man with Xanadu and yeah, it's a pretty perfect set by my standards.

Still a few songs I want to hear live, primarily from the CP/T4E era (missed out on that when it happened and it hasn't been represented well since). But in the three other times I've seen them, they're playing only seven songs I've seen in a live setting, giving me 18 new ones.

They're covering a LOT of ground 653.gif

Wow 1022.gif F'n Wow 1022.gif

What a show....what a setlist. 2.gif

I wanna change my vote to MAJOR chub. My dreams came true once again.

This tour finds me wanting for nothing...thanks guys!!!

2.gif

To all the naysayers moon.gif find another band to hate on... 2.gif keeps on giving 2.gif

I didn't believe the rumors of the B setlist...WOW!!!

That place had energy I've not seen at a Rush concert. So happy about Geddy's voice--he's still such a great singer. Alex really has evolved into something so grand and majestic.

Any setlist feedback??? I thought NH setlist was killer, but this gave me everything and more that I could ask for.

2.gif

These guys at the peak of their creative powers and I'm happy to have witnessed it yet again

2.gif

Not a huge fan of Power Windows but I think the way they are playing them they sound great. Have a bit of more edge. Thought all CA songs sounded awesome, especially The Garden (best song of the night for me). Maybe if they swapped one PW song for Enemy Within it could have been better but oh well. Everyone's perfect setlist will be different.

For how many albums they are skipping and how much synth era stuff which means so little variety, the ticket prices seem steep for this.

Wonder if those prices have anything to do with the orchestra? I doubt they are making as much as Rush who make about 70-80k each per show, but still there's a bunch of them back there and I doubt they are playing for minimum wage.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Sep 10 2012, 08:14 AM)
Even though I'm far more of a 70s fan, I do love most of the 80s material and had a great time last night. So glad to have gotten the B setlist, because good god damn, I love Middletown Dreams. And as classic as TSOR is, I'll take 2112 all day.

What was you're fav CA songs played? Energy is so crucial to a great live show and they had it. Hopefull they'll maintain this level througout.

Middletown was such a rush (no pun intended) laugh.gif Glad we got 2112

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 10 2012, 09:30 AM)
What was you're fav CA songs played? Energy is so crucial to a great live show and they had it. Hopefull they'll maintain this level througout.

The title track and Headlong were probably the CA highlights for me. They were smoking on HF, especially. The Garden too. Just as good as I hoped it would be live.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Sep 10 2012, 08:38 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 10 2012, 09:30 AM)

The title track and Headlong were probably the CA highlights for me. They were smoking on HF, especially. The Garden too. Just as good as I hoped it would be live.

I was suprised by how quickly it flowed, yet it wasn't hurried...maybe just enjoying myself much. I'm glad I got to see all of the CA songs...I get the other setlist in either Charlotte or ATL. 1022.gif

If you haven't voted yet please do...here are the current standings. Overwhelming support for this setlist. Saw them last night and was just floored by the energy and fun the band had...oh they sound phenomenal

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this [ 37 ] [18.14%]

Thumbs up...it rocks [ 133 ] [65.20%]

Thumbs down...Screw the 70's [ 10 ] [4.90%]

The Finger...This is an atrocity! [ 15 ] [7.35%]

The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed! [ 9 ] [4.41%]

Total Votes: 204

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

QUOTE (Alchemical @ Sep 7 2012, 10:07 PM)
It was a very enthusiastic thumbs up right until they busted out Manhattan Project. Should have been Losing It. eh.gif

After going to the show I'm glad they didn't play Losing It. would've been a real buzz kill. The pass was depressing enough...well played but just, well you know.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 10 2012, 11:15 AM)
It was a very enthusiastic thumbs up right until they busted out Manhattan Project. Should have been Losing It.  eh.gif

After going to the show I'm glad they didn't play Losing It. would've been a real buzz kill. The pass was depressing enough...well played but just, well you know.

As I've said before, if they have a bad concert or tour, then 'losing it' may be too close to reality. I think that people got Losing It in their head because of the strings on tour. It's a 'meh' song for me...nice song, but not a deal breaker. If we lived without hearing this song in concert for 30 some years, I think we can live without it.

I would be more interested in hearing 'different strings' with the strings and an acoustic set with just Al and Ged. But so it goes.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 10 2012, 10:40 AM)
If you haven't voted yet please do...here are the current standings. Overwhelming support for this setlist. Saw them last night and was just floored by the energy and fun the band had...oh they sound phenomenal

Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this [ 37 ] [18.14%]
Thumbs up...it rocks [ 133 ] [65.20%]
Thumbs down...Screw the 70's [ 10 ] [4.90%]
The Finger...This is an atrocity! [ 15 ] [7.35%]
The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed! [ 9 ] [4.41%]
Total Votes: 204

you need to update this post. somebody rang in with a stink palm. laugh.gif

I've been reading the comments on here about the setlist and everyone's gripes, either major or minor, and I'd thought I'd add a story.

Back in 92 I believe, Stevie Ray Vaughn was playing the Kalamazoo Fair, which is where I live. I loved his playing and thought about going to the show. But I came up with all of my excuses about concerts (rude drunk people, so so sound, parking hassles) that I didn't go. 2 days later, SRV died in a helicopter crash after his concert in Wisconsin. One of my major regrets is not seeing him in concert when I had the chance.

As this relates to Rush, we need to realize that these guys are much more closer to the end than the beginning. Personally, I don't care much about the synthy period, but I want to attend every concert I can because I respect all of their music over the years. If you have valid reasons for not attending, then so be it. IMO they could have phoned it in by putting out the same basic setlist as previous tours. But like it or not, they went the extra mile to give us something different. If you're acting like they slapped your mama because they're not playing your favorites and you're 'boycotting' the tour, you may have the same regret that I have for not going to that SRV concert.

/end rant.

Meh... Cant say im too thrilled about it. My jaw dropped when i saw the set list for the first time. Its not like their 80's stuff isnt good, its just i vastly prefer stuff from albums like 2112, A Farewell to Kings and Hemispheres. But know what, who cares! Im still seeing Rush again and thats all that matters biggrin.gif

C'mon Rush fans--Get out the vote!!!

Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this [ 39 ] [18.57%]

Thumbs up...it rocks [ 135 ] [64.29%]

Thumbs down...Screw the 70's [ 11 ] [5.24%]

The Finger...This is an atrocity! [ 15 ] [7.14%]

The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed! [ 10 ] [4.76%]

Total Votes: 210

It was a very enthusiastic thumbs up right until they busted out Manhattan Project. Should have been Losing It. eh.gif

OMFG, are you kidding? Manhattan Project is one of their greatest songs...from any era. Losing It doesn't have the staying power. At least you didn't have to hear the alternate song, Dreamline.