Clockwork Angels Tour Setlist

Tombstone Mountain

what's your opinion of the setlist?  

501 members have voted

1. 1. what's your opinion of the setlist?

• Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this
    • Thumbs up...it rocks
    • Thumbs down...Screw the 70's
    • The Finger...This is an atrocity!
    • The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed!

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 8 2012, 05:23 PM)
QUOTE (ZachenFoot @ Sep 8 2012, 06:18 PM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 06:10 PM)
7 middle-fingers
6 stinkpalms
13 thumbs down

Out of 158 voters about 14% are wanting some Rush welfare checks...damned entitlement culture

2.gif

I have posted here since 2007 (once under a different name, re-registered back in 2010 but lurked for a long time). I think this is the the highest percentage of happy Rush fans in regards to a setlist I have seen to date.

That's just one guy's opinion.

maybe a higher percentage of fanboi's than in recent years.

these polls make the bois feel good.....seems they have to prove that they are right somehow with numbers..

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 8 2012, 06:25 PM)
7 middle-fingers
6 stinkpalms
13 thumbs down

Out of 158 voters about 14% are wanting some Rush welfare checks...damned entitlement culture

2.gif

I have posted here since 2007 (once under a different name, re-registered back in 2010 but lurked for a long time). I think this is the the highest percentage of happy Rush fans in regards to a setlist I have seen to date.

these polls make the bois feel good.....seems they have to prove that they are right somehow with numbers..

Let me guess WC...you voted stinkpalm. Need a hug buddy?

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Sep 8 2012, 06:25 PM)
7 middle-fingers
6 stinkpalms
13 thumbs down

2.gif

Let me guess WC...you voted stinkpalm. Need a hug buddy?

I didn't vote. Sorry..

7 middle-fingers
6 stinkpalms
13 thumbs down

2.gif

i think you got your middle fingers and thumbs down mixed up.

there's 13 middle fingers and was 7 now 8 thumbs down. tongue.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Sep 8 2012, 07:43 PM)
For me it's an awesome setlist until Red Sector A. I don't need to hear YYZ, Working Man, TS or TSOR again.

I was ok with the encore. But I agree, enough of Working Man already. it was great too here during the Vapor Trails tour, but it was already overplayed during TTMT, and now its just sickening!

062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 8 2012, 07:23 PM)
7 middle-fingers
6 stinkpalms
13 thumbs down

2.gif

You may be without a doubt the biggest troll I have ever seen on a message board.

GET A LIFE.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 8 2012, 10:54 PM)
For me it's an awesome setlist until Red Sector A. I don't need to hear YYZ, Working Man, TS or TSOR again.

I was ok with the encore. But I agree, enough of Working Man already. it was great too here during the Vapor Trails tour, but it was already overplayed during TTMT, and now its just sickening!

062802puke_prv.gif

There is always going to be that one song or two songs that you go....meh could have played something better.

I agree.

Working Man is that song now on this tour. Too predictable. But that is the token 70's song. I rather it have been By Tor again or The Trees...even La Villa which is still always a treat.

But you know what.....they love jamming that song. That is why they continue playing it. And we all jam along with them every single time.

Edited by Todem

I like how if you just look at the forum you will see overwhelmingly negative reactions...

...but if you look at the stats in this poll the vast majority of people like the setlist

So that means that the small minority of people spread their negativity everywhere, why they do so I don't know. There is a difference between voicing an opinion and just being annoying

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 8 2012, 06:23 PM)
7 middle-fingers
6 stinkpalms
13 thumbs down

2.gif

seriously, dude, what is your f***ing problem?

Fantastic setlist!

I would NEVER in a million years excpect Rush to play a set that favors their late 80's period.

Not in a million years.

The new stuff sounds fantastic as well - and Geddy has obviously realized his vocal limitations and designed a set that not only suites his voice but really showcases his abilities.

The strings are great, totally appropriate and used tastefully.

Alex continues to simply shred

And Neil does three freestyle solos.

To hear the haters still complain is just laughable and absurd.

QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 8 2012, 10:55 PM)
7 middle-fingers
6 stinkpalms
13 thumbs down

2.gif

Hemmeroids

QUOTE (Todem @ Sep 8 2012, 09:58 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 8 2012, 10:54 PM)

062802puke_prv.gif

There is always going to be that one song or two songs that you go....meh could have played something better.

I agree.

Working Man is that song now on this tour. Too predictable. But that is the token 70's song. I rather it have been By Tor again or The Trees...even La Villa which is still always a treat.

But you know what.....they love jamming that song. That is why they continue playing it. And we all jam along with them every single time.

It has become the Rush version of "fear of the dark".

QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Sep 9 2012, 02:57 AM)
A solid thumbs up new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Its not my utimate wish set, but getting AK, Body Electric and Territories certainly shortened my bucket list cool.gif

Seeing the poll results and no surprise... when forced into a show of hands the whiners and moaners are once again vastly outumbered trink36.gif

Nice posting trink39.gif 84.66% like or love the setlist.

The one that aren't getting off on it are few and far between. Treeduck has been a voice of reason amongst the naysayers....all the while denying his Irish blood. What do they call people like that in the land of Eire? Just wondering... ph34r.gif

2.gif

QUOTE (canadianice @ Sep 8 2012, 11:04 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Sep 8 2012, 10:55 PM)
7 middle-fingers
6 stinkpalms
13 thumbs down

2.gif

Hemmeroids

you should get them checked out.

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 9 2012, 06:45 AM)
QUOTE (Pause Rewind Replay @ Sep 9 2012, 02:57 AM)
A solid thumbs up  new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Its not my utimate wish set, but getting AK, Body Electric and Territories certainly shortened my bucket list  cool.gif

Seeing the poll results and no surprise... when forced into a show of hands the whiners and moaners are once again vastly outumbered  trink36.gif

84.66% like or love the setlist.

are you sure that's the exact percentage? laugh.gif

It's a big letdown for me, because I just don't like those 80's synth songs. I saw every tour from GUP to RTB and to me the synth era is Rush's weakest. I appreciate what they're trying to do but it just doesn't do it for me. Plus if they really want to mix it up and be "daring" they'd play something other than TS, TSOR, LL, Subdivisions and Working Man. No, I don't "need" to see 2112 or Freewill again but I really hope they get back to the 70's in an R40 tour.

For those who love this set list - good for you. I envy you and wish I could share your enthusiasm. I'm just hoping watching some video boots will change my opinion before the tour comes close to me.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 9 2012, 09:21 AM)
Its a great set list. Replace Working Man with Xanadu or 2112 and WTW with 7CoG and add Limelight to the encore and it would be a perfect Set list!

2.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Switching out Working man for Xanadu...in a second. No problem with me. Mystic Rhythms would work.

2.gif