Clockwork Angels Tour Setlist

Tombstone Mountain

what's your opinion of the setlist?  

501 members have voted

1. 1. what's your opinion of the setlist?

• Chubby Jimmy...it don't get no better than this
    • Thumbs up...it rocks
    • Thumbs down...Screw the 70's
    • The Finger...This is an atrocity!
    • The Stink Palm...we're gettin' robbed!

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Sep 7 2012, 11:59 PM)
Seriously rethinking going. Not a bad set-list, but at record ticket prices, hard to justify. A surprising lack of staples in the list. A lot of '80s.

To concert-goers, how was geddy's voice holding up?

As I posted elsewhere,

Geddy's voice sounded AMAZING.

He only shied away from maybe (MAYBE!) 3 or 4 high notes during the whole concert.

He belted high and hard all night long. Grade of "A", easily.

This was clearly a concert for fans of the new album, and for those who were a bit tired of the same old setlist. It was also a chance to put a modern (less synthy) stamp on some forgotten '80s gems. Great idea.

Dudes, and dudettes, they rocked so FREAKING HARD doing the block of CA... if you like the new album, don't even think about skipping this show. Ten songs! (one poster forgot to include Halo Effect, and the other missed the fact that parts of BU2B2 were in Alex's electric solo.)

1022.gif

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Sep 7 2012, 11:18 PM)
That's the most bulls*** setlist I've ever seen. 4 songs from PoW (ONE OF THEIR WORST ALBUMS EVER) and not even the best one (Marathon)? 2 songs from Signals and Moving Pictures: REALLY??? They are complete dumbasses and will never ever be the greatest band ever...

My dad now doesn't even want to go anyone because the setlist is a giant pile of s***

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Woah!!!! Chill there dude ohmy.gif

QUOTE (DBJetsman @ Sep 8 2012, 12:18 AM)
That's the most bulls*** setlist I've ever seen. 4 songs from PoW (ONE OF THEIR WORST ALBUMS EVER) and not even the best one (Marathon)? 2 songs from Signals and Moving Pictures: REALLY??? They are complete dumbasses and will never ever be the greatest band ever...

My dad now doesn't even want to go anyone because the setlist is a giant pile of s***

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

How many threads are you going to post this in?

You know I like this set list even though they ommited Losing It because I grew up with the 80's RUSH era. Now that said, I can see how many fans could be pissed with this set. Not one Epic song. Combined only three song from PeW and MP. Really? It's Signals 30th Anniversary and they show more love to Power Windows. Not one song from CP, Presto or VT not to mention the 70's. Do they know how great Xanadu, Jacobs Ladder or La Villa would have sounded with strings? Working Man again?

doh.gif

I can see why some people are pissed!

yes.gif

This set list makes me really annoyed I don't get to see them this year. Hope they announce 2013 US dates soon.

I love how in the buildup to this tour it's been "They play too many of the same songs every tour, they need to pull out more deep cuts," and now that they play a show with more "deep cuts" than any of their recent tours, it's "this sucks, it's not exactly the deep cuts I wanted."

Like, yo...Analog Kid, Body Electric, Grand Designs, Territories, Manhattan Project...the rest of the show could be entirely Feedback covers and that's still worth the money.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Sep 7 2012, 11:33 PM)
You know I like this set list even though they ommited Losing It because I grew up with the 80's RUSH era. Now that said, I can see how many fans could be pissed with this set. Not one Epic song. Combined only three song from PeW and MP. Really? It's Signals 30th Anniversary and they show more love to Power Windows. Not one song from CP, Presto or VT not to mention the 70's. Do they know how great Xanadu, Jacobs Ladder or La Villa would have sounded with strings? Working Man again?

doh.gif

I can see why some people are pissed!

yes.gif

Agree...mostly, The first set was amazing - they totally ROCKED "Where's my thing - I was over joyed they played Analog Kid, one of my personal favorites

The CA set was awesome, the title track was the best I think - as for Geddy's voice - top notch throughout and on Headlong Flight I thought he really went for it and the crowd voiced its approval !

But they probably could've left out Halo Effect and WTW

I personally was not happy with manhattan project a 3rd drum solo <really?> and red sector a - thats were Xanadu or Jacob's ladder or anything from that era should've been - could have swapped out working man also, but i liked the ending of that, Alex completely shredded on that, was amazing to see - the reggae beginning...meh - I was also disappointed they left out 2112 - especially with the ending video where the guy gets card # 2112, I told my son for sure they would come out for another encore and do it - guess I was wrong, lol

All in all I was very pleased, My Son totally loved his first Rush show it was a most excellent evening spent watching those incredible musicians they did not disappoint even tho the set list kinda did trink39.gif 2.gif

Some may get 2112 after all. Here are the different songs that will be played in the B setlist. No clue which songs they will replace them with though.

"The Pass," "Middletown Dreams," "Dreamline," "Seven Cities of Gold," and "2112" for the encore.

The list has been seen by someone who I trust 100%. If I'm right just give me some props please. LOL

QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 02:13 AM)
Some may get 2112 after all. Here are the different songs that will be played in the B setlist. No clue which songs they will replace them with though.

"The Pass," "Middletown Dreams," "Dreamline," "Seven Cities of Gold," and "2112" for the encore.

The list has been seen by someone who I trust 100%. If I'm right just give me some props please. LOL

I heard this too. Shame I couldn't hear Middletown Dreams tonight, but I at least saw it on the Power Windows tour.

QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:13 AM)
Some may get 2112 after all.  Here are the different songs that will be played in the B setlist.  No clue which songs they will replace them with though. 

The list has been seen by someone who I trust 100%.  If I'm right just give me some props please.  LOL

I'm guessing Working Man and 2112 will switch up every few shows then, they're around the same length. The Pass could be a substitute for The Body Electric, and Middletown Dreams can easily be swapped with one of the other PoW songs. As for Dreamline, it can take Bravado's spot, and Seven Cities...it can take Wish Them Well's place. yes.gif

I think you might just be telling the truth! 1022.gif

Nothing from 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, only 1 song from Permanent Waves, 2 from Moving Pictures, obviously nothing from Fly by Night and Caress of Steel and only 2 from Signals = a bad setlist...

It's basically A Show of Hands II + Clockwork Angels and Far Cry...

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Sep 7 2012, 10:17 PM)
Thumbs up new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Body Electric and Working Man knock it down a notch

Working Man should have not been in the set...I'm happy for all those who got to witness Clockwork Angels first. Anybody care to share what that portion was like? 2.gif

Edited by Tombstone Mountain

Well.....I love 80's Rush So first set is great to me. Second set....I'm glad they're playing nearly all of CA. Every one knows my view on the album. I need to hear this stuff live. maybe i'll like CA better. So..great setlist to me yes.gif

Mick

QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 01:13 AM)
Some may get 2112 after all.  Here are the different songs that will be played in the B setlist.  No clue which songs they will replace them with though. 

The list has been seen by someone who I trust 100%.  If I'm right just give me some props please.  LOL

If you are correct, then I want to give you a giant hug. I saw all these songs from PoW being played, but no Middletown Dreams??? ohmy.gif Easily one of my favorites, ever.

Any ideas when they'd be switching out the setlists? I'm going to two consecutive shows, so maybe- just maybe I can get the best of both worlds

Two thumbs way up!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif trink39.gif trink38.gif

You're going to love it, TM!

smile.gif

QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 8 2012, 07:50 AM)
Two thumbs way up!

smile.gif

So, tell me about the CA songs...which ones stood out?

The Anarchist was over the top. Monsterous! The Garden was exquisitely beautiful with a great video. I really like The Wreckers (with video), Halo Effect (Alex plays a beautiful lead in), Headlong Flight was very cool - Neil's little extended drum section. Caravan was better then the Time Machine tour.

CA material sounded great!

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 8 2012, 01:52 AM)
Nothing from 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, only 1 song from Permanent Waves, 2 from Moving Pictures, obviously nothing from Fly by Night and Caress of Steel and only 2 from Signals = a bad setlist...

It's basically A Show of Hands II + Clockwork Angels and Far Cry...

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

yes.gif

IMO this is the weakest setlist i have seen and that is due entirely to the first set.

i have no problem with them concentrating on CA but the first set is weak beyond belief.

to me it alienates both the longtime fan and the casual newbie.

the geeks have inherited the tour................ cool10.gif

the scalpers out there are likely shitting bricks.

oh yeah, kids don't forget to buy and wear your bootleg t-shirts this time around. z7shysterical.gif

Edited by tangy

Phenominal setlist.

The first set is the gift that keeps on giving and the 2nd set is the magic of Clockwork Angels.

About halfway through the 2nd set it was clear that the encore would be some combination of Tom Sawyer, TSoR and Overture/Temples.

By that point I didn't mind at all that we were going to be slammed by staples one after another.

Awesome show.

Thumbs up from this gal. (I like their synth era quite a bit.) Although I would have swapped "Bravado" and "Manhattan Project" for "Chemistry" and "Afterimage." And I'm surprised they didn't do "Seven Cities of Gold," which is one of the standout tracks on CA, IMO.

QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 8 2012, 08:12 AM)
QUOTE (Tombstone Mountain @ Sep 8 2012, 09:01 AM)
QUOTE (CygnusGal @ Sep 8 2012, 07:50 AM)
Two thumbs way up!

smile.gif

So, tell me about the CA songs...which ones stood out?

The Anarchist was over the top. Monsterous! The Garden was exquisitely beautiful with a great video. I really like The Wreckers (with video), Halo Effect (Alex plays a beautiful lead in), Headlong Flight was very cool - Neil's little extended drum section. Caravan was better then the Time Machine tour.

CA material sounded great!

Cant wait to hear Halo Effect with new lead in!!!!

I am so stoked for this!!!