Spoiler Final Setlist

SUBDIVISIONS

I think that the setlist is great. I will miss some of the tunes, but I am glad to see the 80s, the period I grew up with, represented so well. I do think that the people who told us that Losing It and JL were on the setlist and that they had seen it were not playing fair. If they swap them with something I would be surprised for those are not tunes that a Rush fan would mind missing for something else.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Subdivisions

Big Money

Force 10

Grand designs

Body Electric

Territories

Analog kid

Bravado

Wheres my thing

Drum solo 1

Far Cry

Set 2

Caravan

Clockwork

Anarchist

Carnies

Wreckers

Headlong flight

Drum solo 2

Alex solo electric

Halo effect

Wish them well

The garden

Manhattan project

Drum solo 3

Red sector a

Yyz

Working man

Tom Sawyer

Spirit of radio

Like many others, I agree that this is an incredibly disappointing setlist. Big Money???? Really????? WTF???? IMO, Big Money, Force 10, Grand Designs, Body Electric, Territories, Manhattan Project, Bravado, and Red Sector A are all sadly poor choices. For those of you who like the setlist congrats and more power to you, but I have to believe the majority of long-time dedicated Rush fans are not going to enjoy this tour. We'll see. sad.gif

Edited by Empty Mindless Spectre

QUOTE (satyr @ Sep 7 2012, 11:15 PM)
Terrible.
Glad Im Not Going.

You suck

Your schtick is so f***ing old and predictable.

I liken you like to the town drunk.......your the town trol round these partsl.

Nothing but venom.

Piss off.

Edited by Todem

I love...love this setlist.

Finally they are playing a ton of the 80's synth era stuff they have shelved for a long time.

They do listen to their fan base.

They have 200 songs. They will never please everyone.

Hell I am still pining for Jacobs Ladder....but unlike last tour where I expected it and was let down....we finally got TCE (due to the MP performance).

However they have thrown so many great tunes into this set I am not even the slightest bit upset about not getting my bucket list tune (JL).

Body Electric

Analog Kid

Grand Designs

Territories

Manhattan Project

Force 10

Red Sector A

Big Money

AMAZING. There is a plethora of us who grew up with these songs.....and we are getting our setlist finally.

VT tour they brought out a buch of 70's stuff and Snake and Arrows they played some killer 70's tunes as well.

THose pining for FBN and COS stuff.....don't you know it is history....long gone? Geddy can not sing this stuff anymore.....and the band is pretty much closed the book on their first three albums save for Working Man. Nothing new here.

They have played the 90's stuff to death.

Getting their synth era and CA is a coup.

BRAVO and November 3rd can not get here soon enough.

People always bitch and moan...every tour....it's really amazing how upset some get.

As always....I love they are still doing this....and will soak it all in.

If you don't like it....sell your tickets and move on.

Edited by Todem

Hope to see this at Target Center Sep 24 653.gif Looks good even if it's only 25 songs (not counting drum solos)

To get it out of the way... my big disappointment:

No Seven Cities Of Gold?!?? fists crying.gif This would have killed live.

Minor disappointment: Where's My Thing for an instrumental... TMMB instead anyone?

Pinch me: Grand Designs, Territories, Body Electric AND Analog Kid all pulled from the vault. Oh. My. God. 653.gif I almost forgot Manhattan Project.. must have been hit by the shockwave trink36.gif

I didn't get everything I wanted, but I got a lot I never expected, which leads to my final point:

I congratulate the band for this setlist on one major point: This took BALLS trink39.gif Nine songs from CA, tossing Limelight and Freewill, pulling out half of PoW plus a stunner from p/g. Numerous fans on this forum have been saying they wanted a "different" setlist this time... well you got it biggrin.gif

Edited by Pause Rewind Replay

Hi all,

As with all of us, this is a personal opinion, but I think the setlist is great. For a band with almost 40 years of material behind them, it gets more difficult to please everyone. And with a stonker of an album like Clockwork Angels, of which they're gonna play quite a bit, it leaves even less room for the rest of the back catalog.

I do understand that if this is the first Rush gig someone attends then they may wonder where certain other songs are, but the boys are not going to roll out an R30 type setlist every tour (infact R30 was a bit of a treat in that respect). To be fair, if you attended a gig on the HYF tour, you also were probably wondering where some of the classics were.

Anyway, looking forward to it next year. LONDON BABY!!!

Edited by Todem

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ Sep 7 2012, 11:06 PM)
Nothing from counterpar,ts, t4e, vapor trails, fbn, hemispheres, aftl...weirdest setlist ever, and I love it!!!!

Weirdest setlist ever?

I don't know about that?

They do almost all of C.A.!!! Now that is just pure awesome!!!!

Anyone for a round of Whack A Troll?

Some of the stuff I have been reading? Wow, some people need to search for a life and find it soon before its too late.

Edited by Tick

The setlist needs "Jacob's Ladder", "The Trees" and "Xanadu". I am very pleased, however, that the band will play most of CA!!!!!! yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif cheer.gif common001.gif trink39.gif I can't wait to see Rush in St. Louis this year!!!!!!!!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif cheer.gif common001.gif trink39.gif

Love the set!!!

Next month will be my ninth time seeing them and I will be hearing Grand Designs, The Body Electric, Territories, Analog Kid, Where's My Thing and Manhattan Project for the first time. Adding in the new songs, minus Caravan, there is a total of 14 songs i'll be hearing for the first time. Not too many bands who you see multiple times can do that for a setlist.

Now onto a few things I would change. I love the new album but I think playing 9 in a row is a bit much. Wish Them Well and Halo Effect are good songs but they are my two least favorite on the album. I know a lot of people don't give a crap about the casual fans but in a set that's this long with so many deep/new cuts you still gotta play a few more hits just to keep the crowds energy up and have their attention. That's why I would replace WTW and HE with two well known songs that weren't played last tour, let's say Dreamline and New World Man instead. I think that would make the set a little better and would help a lot of people to stay awake if they don't like or even own the new album.

Still, a great set but there's always room for a little improvement.

Edited by J2112YYZ

for all of you complaining about setlist, be happy that rush tours your great nations, some of us (*cough Australians cough*) dont have the pleasure of seeing their favourite band live

even though my favourite era of rush is pre 1982, it puts a tremendous smile on my face seeing the boys still playing and killing it

I didn't want to peek....I really tried.... I frikkin' LOVE it. How I'm going to make it to October I'll never know. Hopefully they don't make any changes before then. VERY happy not to see 2112 in there since they are rumored to be considering playing the entire album on a future tour.

I love that they threw a lot of stuff out that have been staples. Heck if they dropped TS I'd be in heaven. This is a truly different setlist than they've done in a long time with the exception of being heavy on the album that they are promoting. I love CA and am looking forward to it. Also love PW and p/g so i'm good all around on this one.

QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 08:26 AM)
There will be a B setlist with some songs switched out for these. 

"The Pass," "Middletown Dreams," "Dreamline," "Seven Cities of Gold," and "2112" for the encore.

No clue which songs they will replace but it's going to happen.

We will know for sure after tomorrow nights show if the swapping songs rumor is true. I'm not taking it too seriously yet since that "leaked" set that was reported on here the other day was way off from what they played last night.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (Chief2112 @ Sep 8 2012, 04:26 PM)
There will be a B setlist with some songs switched out for these. 

"The Pass," "Middletown Dreams," "Dreamline," "Seven Cities of Gold," and "2112" for the encore.

No clue which songs they will replace but it's going to happen.

If this is true I'm really psyched!

My guess is

The Pass <-> Territories

Middletown Dreams <-> Grand Desings

Dreamline <-> Bravado

Seven Cities of Gold <-> Wish Them Well (and maybe even Halo Effect too)

2112 <-> The Spirit of Radio

Edited by Flying Finn

For me it was great nostalgia. My first concert was the Power Windows tour and so it was great hearing Grand Designs again since 1986.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Sep 8 2012, 09:40 AM)
For me it was great nostalgia. My first concert was the Power Windows tour and so it was great hearing Grand Designs again since 1986.

Indeed! Looking forward to this!