Spoiler Final Setlist

SUBDIVISIONS

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SUBDIVISIONS @ Sep 7 2012, 09:59 PM)
Subdivisions (Best Song of the Universe)
Big Money
Force 10
Grand designs
Body Electric
Territories
Analog kid
Bravado
Wheres my thing
Drum solo 1
Far Cry

Set 2
Caravan
Clockwork
Anarchist
Carnies
Wreckers
Headlong flight
Drum solo 2
Alex solo electric
Halo effect
Wish them well
The garden
Manhattan project
Drum solo 3
Red sector a
Yyz
Working man
Tom Sawyer
Spirit of radio

Being one of the people in the 50ish concert club and fan since the seventies, I have been through more than my share of dissapointments over setlists because I wanted them to play that, ONE SONG!!!.....

But I'm long past that.

As with most people I am thrilled with the new album and happy to see so much of it being played. If you want to see something Rush hasn't done, this is it. Enjoy it. For all the bitching done about S&A and VT, we only have 1 song from those albums.

Religon? All the bitching done about the athiesm theme? No BU2B's in sight. Does that make everyone happy? Of course not.

You don't like some of the newer choices and want to see Limelight? Buy one of the half dozen DVD's and watch it till your heart's content. I mean C'MON!

I love the new choices.

Subdivisions
Big Money
Force 10

Great start, old Rush and despite the criticism of Big Money in there, it's a great song live and in line with some of the themes of this setlist and tour. (To me, a political sci-fi philosphy adventure)

Grand designs

So much poison in power...

Body Electric

Certainly our great leader was ecstatic. (73 obviously)

Another great sing along tune as well as more sci-fi themed. Artificial Intelligence. Great old school song.

Territories

Probably the most exciting song for me of the ones added. A long time favorite and like much Rush, ever so current.

Analog kid

C'MON, who doesn't love this song!

Try not to sing along with this. Can't be done.

When I leave I don't know what I'm hoping to find

And when I leave I don't know what I'm leaving behind

Bravado

One of Ged's favorites and excellent lyrics, just awesome. I fyou don't like it I am sure Rush is willing to pay the price without counting the cost.

Manhatten Project

I know my wife will be thrilled she loves this song. I do to.

All of the brightest boys

To play with the biggest toys --

More than they bargained for...

So, I mean really, what do you want? Lots of amazing rush, old and new, vault material and all the other new stuff. New solos, strings, stage show etc..

I mean, fck me, what the hell do you want?? It's not goddam Dog Years and I think I'm Going Bald, and btw, I wouldn't have complained if they played those either. laugh.gif

It's Rush for Thor's Sake!

Edited by Running Rebel

wow. they must have listened to my plea for tons of Power Windows songs. thank you RUSH! Great set list. Killer 1st set. Glad they chose these songs. Not a lot of rockin and rolling with these tunes. Not to many songs to get a crowed all wild up. These songs are more in depth. They have big sounds and powerful lyrics. Grand Designs! Analog Kig! Sweet!!!!!

My guitar instructor is going to be ecstatic! Red Sector A will be playing. That will make his whole year. The rest of the audience will be having nightmares for a week- but he will be thrilled.

Having said that... no Prime Mover sad.gif no Xanadu sad.gif

I saw Freewill, Limelight, and Closer to the Heart last time anyway.

I am happy about The Pass. But will it make it worth going to watch? I.hate.crowds. It is on a worknight.

Honestly, I would have done a very different setlist. As much as I love Rush, I may have to give them a pass (pun not intended) this time.

I think I like the Time Machine setlist better.

"ducks and dodges the many many flying tomatoes"

All this "is the setlist good or bad?" stuff is really unproductive. Mathematically, it can NEVER be good enough for most peopel. You are getting 25 songs out of approximately 170 that are on their 19 studio albums (I dont count Feedback), and you know that 8-10 are going to be from CA. The odds are you will not get everything you want. So sit back and enjoy the fact that these guys are still cranking it out!!!!

I was thrilled with the setlist. Part of my thrill was simply being surpirised as each new song was revealed. Of course, I also would have been pretty happy if they had thrown 15 darts at their songlist and played whatever they hit.

I gladly acknowledge that a tour supporting an album should be a celebration of that album. I (correctly) encouraged my concert-mates to play the hell out of CA, cuz we were gonna get a lot (I predicted 8-9 songs).

Years from now, I'm going to be stoked that I got to hear Body Electric and Territories, and not (yet another version of) Limelight.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Sep 7 2012, 10:21 PM)
QUOTE (satyr @ Sep 7 2012, 10:15 PM)
Terrible.
Glad Im Not Going.

same here.

Opposite for me. I hadn't planned on attending, but this looks very different from the past 15 years of shows.

Wonder how they sounded...

I give the set list an "A" for originality. I give set 1 an "A+" going back to the 80's and playing songs we haven't heard in a long time. They play them so much better now, case in point: Between the Wheels from R30 and S&A tours. That song is great, but it was a monster played live now. These 80's tunes are great tunes, and now they play them so much heavier without the tinty 80's sound.

Set 2 gets a "C" because I'm not a fan of CA, except for Anarchist and Headlong. I can't believe they are playing almost the entire album. This is an album where we should hear 4-5 songs at most, a la Vapor Trails.

<ducks incoming projectiles from Clockwork enthusiasts>

My opinion of the setlist over the past 24 hours has changed, although I'm still not thrilled. After giving Red Sector A, Force Ten, Manhattan Project and the Big Money a listen, I have to say I'm now looking forward to hearing those live. However the other synth stuff in set 1 is still a bit dodgy. But if this news about a second set is true with the inclusion of songs like the Pass, 2112 and Dreamline then I'm a lot happier! But we'll see I have my fingers crossed! I wouldn't even mind if they got rid of Spirit to make way for 2112 but it would be nice if they could get both of them in! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (wirushfanfrv @ Sep 8 2012, 09:10 PM)
For those who criticize the set list...get a life. Are you all related to Vic Demone, are you piss and moan?

This is RUSH! Be happy they are still making music. It s not for the money.

Your not much of a RUSH fan if you can find criticism.

angry.gif

Wow, really? I love the setlist for the most part...but people aren't allowed to be constructive?

You know what I love about this setlist? It's the fact that it's RUSH on stage playing it.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Sometimes we forget that Rush was nearly done as a band. And aside from Neil's tragedies, the longevity of this band is extremely rare. We should be thankful that this band is still making music and giving us a different look every time they come out. You never know what to expect from this band. It's always fresh.

The naysayers and negative Nellies have every right to complain. But, just keep in mind that you're complaining about the icing on the cake being whipped cream instead of butter cream. Just enjoy the damn cake!

I love the setlist but I don't mind people who aren't stoked about it sharing their opinions. Wish they'd swap out Working Man, but I guess that's become the token '70s song they like jamming to. And it does kind of fit the "theme" more than ever.

If they tour again it would be cool if they let the fans choose maybe 3 encore songs. Like on their website they could offer maybe as many as 5 or 6 choices for each slot and let everyone vote once. That would be perfect for R40 if they venture forth again.

Edited by FarUnlitUnknown

QUOTE (Natch @ Sep 9 2012, 10:28 AM)
You know what I love about this setlist? It's the fact that it's RUSH on stage playing it.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Sometimes we forget that Rush was nearly done as a band. And aside from Neil's tragedies, the longevity of this band is extremely rare. We should be thankful that this band is still making music and giving us a different look every time they come out. You never know what to expect from this band. It's always fresh.

The naysayers and negative Nellies have every right to complain. But, just keep in mind that you're complaining about the icing on the cake being whipped cream instead of butter cream. Just enjoy the damn cake!

This is probably as enlightened and mature an attack on the naysayers as could be given and I pretty much agree. But I still want to stress that this is what message forums are for -- for people to discuss and share their opinions. It's totally fine with me even if though I'm really excited about the set.

Now if someone sitting behind me at the concert complains through all the '80s or PWs material, they're pretty much being an a-hole in my book. That's not the place for it.